Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MAP BUG REPORT / STRANGE HAPPENINGS / FEEDBACK THREAD
You can't look at the teleporter pad and have the doors shut at the same time because there's a shutter over the window.

what's the point of a door if you can't see inside unless it's open?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:You can't look at the teleporter pad and have the doors shut at the same time because there's a shutter over the window.

what's the point of a door if you can't see inside unless it's open?

The shutter prevents you from being burned or stunned by telescience accidents. May or may not contain room-wide teleports too. This is a huge improvement really.
Can we have a reservoir tank for the bottom pipe of the hot loop again, but this time with a valve so we can actually turn it on or off?

Half the problem with proburning is that the bottom pipe keeps blowing up no matter what you do thanks to the pump never being able to pump enough. However, a reservoir tank that was just there completely screwed up the engine and could just make the engine not do anything. Just having a simple reservoir tank with a valve on it will handily solve that problem so if the bottom pipe is going to insane pressures, an engineer can just turn the valve and presto, the fucking pipe isn't going to blow ad you saved the engine temporarily!
Don't know if this is already posted but critters on the ME's and conveyor belts show up under it. Probably a overlay issue
I'm not really interested in making 'proburnz' safer, Nautilus. They're supposed to be dangerous. If the pipes explode and kill half the engineers because of your hubris, you probably all deserved it. If a single turn of a valve makes the engine instantly way safer... that is a bad answer to an intentional problem.
It's absolute bullshit to have the bottom pipe blow up all the time, and there's no way around it whatsoever when taking the approach.

Not to mention it doesn't make the engine safer whatsoever - you're still putting a lot of pressure into the lower reservoir tank which will eventually cause it to not only be useless, but also make the situation much, much worse since there is a fire inside it building pressure and turning the valve would just compound the problem by adding even more pressure to the lower pipe system.

In a way, its a last ditch effort to relieve pressure. You can't vent the reservoir tanks and you can't vent the lower pipe in any way, shape or form right now apart from hoping that the pump will do its damn job. Once you see the difference in both the upper and lower pipe, an engineer should be able to identify the problem and wait until it gets to about bursting pressure before turning the valve, at which point you cannot turn that valve again since the pressure would build to catastrophic levels in the reservoir tank and would cause more of a problem if turned.

Take it as a get out of jail free option for an engineer; they only have the option once and it may not necessarily fix the fact that pressure is building so fast that the outflow cannot keep up pace. It will only delay the ineveitable unless an engineer does something clever to vent the engine - and even then, the engineer has just wasted a good amount of plasma/oxygen/trace gas
Convair880 Wrote:The new conveyor belt delivery system is quite handy, but it would be nice if the M.U.L.E. could still be useful in a supplementary role. At the moment, the home beacon isn't set to QM #1 by default and most of the valid destinations (hydroponics, medbay, even courtroom) are unreachable because they aren't located in public areas. I appreciate that the bot's pathfinding has been restricted to all/maintenance/QM access on purpose, so some small map changes might be in order to solve this issue. My suggestions:

1) All-access interior door -> navigational beacon + crate drop-off/pick-up tile -> xyz-access interior door
2) QM-access interior door -> plastic flaps -> navigational beacon + crate drop-off/pick-up tile

The former is the old method from Donut 2.0, while the latter would also make quartermaster ID cards a bit more valuable for traitors and other enemies of the station.

Cogwerks Wrote:What? I thought I made sure the bot was reaching all those areas properly, I thought the thing had captain-level access. I'll doublecheck it.

Sorry for nagging, but could you please have a look at this again, as both problems still exist? For an enthusiastic QM like me, it's really frustrating that the M.U.L.E. is so useless at the moment.
Some suggestions for medbay.

Add a notice board in the waiting room so the medical staff can put notices and instructions up for the patients. It makes it far easier than me having to clear out a space on the desk and leave paper in the hopes people will read it.

Add a notice board between chemistry and medical so they can pin request forms to it. If they're actually working together that is.

Add a card swipe to the desk between chemistry and medbay. I want to charge medical for the drugs I'm making them damnit!
Given that the desk between Chemistry and Medical almost always gets dismantled, there would be little point unless they add in a sliding window like in Shroom Station: and really, I think most Chemists and Medical personnel would rather that didn't happen.
Embolism Wrote:Given that the desk between Chemistry and Medical almost always gets dismantled, there would be little point unless they add in a sliding window like in Shroom Station: and really, I think most Chemists and Medical personnel would rather that didn't happen.

Yeah. Don't quote me, but at this point I assume Medical Staff is expected to have Chemistry access with a little work.
[Image: KRjweIi.png]

Ten seconds after round start this jerk drone starts firing at me. Can't a spaceman get some goddamn privacy? (Meaning, are drones supposed to spawn this close to the station?)

Also, might be fixed already and I didn't grab a screenshot, but the bay doors in the Catering podbay seems prone to desyncing - the southernmost tile of the three blast door tiles will be open when the other two are closed, and vice versa. Happened to me twice in different rounds.
Darth Various Wrote:The bay doors in the Catering podbay seems prone to desyncing - the southernmost tile of the three blast door tiles will be open when the other two are closed, and vice versa. Happened to me twice in different rounds.

Happened to me a few times too, I laughed.
[Image: nb3ggSo.png]
The syndicate shuttle has no way back into the shuttle except for the pod doors. Which can't be opened from the outside, effectively trapping you outside unless someone opens them back up.

Darth Various Wrote:Ten seconds after round start this jerk drone starts firing at me. Can't a spaceman get some goddamn privacy? (Meaning, are drones supposed to spawn this close to the station?)

Also, might be fixed already and I didn't grab a screenshot, but the bay doors in the Catering podbay seems prone to desyncing - the southernmost tile of the three blast door tiles will be open when the other two are closed, and vice versa. Happened to me twice in different rounds.
Happened to me, too. Outside the left airlock.
There are no drones anywhere near there or close enough to any other map lower edges to cross over to there that quickly, it was probably an admin fucking with you.
Can the left side of escape by Genetics be accessible by Genetics, please?

These doors.

It kind of blows having to take the REALLY long way around to get to Escape, and then, what's the point of the tunnel behind Genetics if not for Geneticists?