Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Goonion: an onion divided against itself cannot stand + it's p laggy now
I've also noticed a lot more people playing which is cool but makes things laggy.
That just goes to show how well it's running compared to before for me. During the inactive winter months (I often played with sub 15 people) of last year I remember breaking atmos with TTVs on a couple of occasions. Dropping a single canbomb at the time, even at the diner, would make things feel like a slideshow for 20 minutes. Hell, even a good hellburn could make things choppy on the odd occasion, though I think that may have been the negative pressure bug.
^^^^
The new movement is great and lag has greatly been reduced from those 2 minutes of frozen screens we all dealt with before so I don't know why you're all complaining.
Theres new lag and old lag. Old lag was back on cogmap 1 when the game would have a freeze everyone 10-20 seconds and for about a second, then you were back to smooth playing. New lag is just a single consistent slowness that doesnt come sporadically. Some people prefer the old lag, some people prefer the new.
Personally, i prefer the old. There was a period after the 510 lag fix was totally sorted out and the game seemed to run pretty smoothly with small bursts of lag, resembling old lag more, and that was great. Despite the movement rewrite allegedly fixing lag, the game sure has become infinitely less playable since then. Maybe there were some backend changes at the same time that havent been publicized, or something, but regardless i dont like playing nearly as much anymore.
Yeah something got changed recently because shit was a hell of a lot smoother right around the start of new movement