Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Goonstation Movie Club
The Monster Club
The Creeps (the one with the dwarves)
Murder Party
For serious movies I nominate "The Thing" (The 1982 version)

For silly ones I would suggest troll 2 or Leprechaun in Da Hood

And for just plain terrible abominations I would like to nominate "Zombie Apocalypse"
i nominate Candyman
CaptainBravo Wrote:i nominate Candyman
Might as well go full blown with "The Swarm".

I agree that "The Thing" is a good movie. Well, the original anyways.
Alright!
Here are the nominees for this weeks Goonstation Movie Night!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choice #1: The Thing (1982)
An absolute cult classic and also the birthplace of the SS13 changeling, surely worth a watch
If that isn't enough to convince you, i'm sure this will:
[Image: bogYwet.png]
Summary:
Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills.

Choice #2: Beetlejuice
Despite the title, it contains neither beetles nor juice, but for what it lacks in insects and pressed fruits,
it makes up for it with it's realistic and for it's time, groundbreaking and absolutely stunning graphics!
Meet relatable characters, such as Moving Man #2 and 3-Fingered Typist, who are sure to bring out the emotions in even the stripiest of sandworms!

Summary:
A couple of recently deceased ghosts contract the services of a "bio-exorcist" in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their house.

Choice #3: The Swarm
Inspired by SS13, this movie has plenty of bees, and unlike every other thing even closely related to SS13 in any shape or form, it actually got made!

Summary:
A huge swarm of deadly African bees spreads terror over American cities by killing thousands of people.

Choice #4: Scary Movie 5
The most recent, and also worst rated movie in the horrible otherwise excellent movie franchise!
Sure to be a hit with the young generation, i mean, how could it not! It's got the one and only, bopperer of tops, Ashley Tisdale in it!

Summary:
A couple begin to experience some unusual activity after bringing their lost nieces and nephew home.
With the help of home-surveillance cameras, they learn they're being stalked by a nefarious demon.

Choice #5: The Monster Squad
If you don't think you'll be touched on an emotional level by Moving Man #2, then I'm sure a movie starring the excellently acted Desperate Man will get ya!
Really though, apparently this thing is getting sorta good reviews?

Summary:
A young group of monster fanatics attempt to save their hometown from Count Dracula and his army of monsters.

you can find the Strawpoll here!

I'm moving the stream to around Saturday Midnight GMT+1
For the stream location, visit #goonstationmovienight on synirc a couple of hours before the stream starts.
(atleast then i'll know which mouthbreather decides to report the stream)
[Image: JVjFwNy.png]
Come Join Us!

It looks like we're moving the stream to an hour earlier, so in 2 hours!
Don't miss it!
MOVIE LINK- https://rabb.it/r/pfjjes
Hello!

This weeks movie night will be a little different, as we'll be watching the danish shitshow of a movie, "Terkel In Trouble"
It will be dubbed in Danish, with English subs
The stream is gonna be next saturday at 23:00 GMT+1(or earlier?), with further details being given in the IRC channel prior to the stream!

[Image: 220px-Terkel.jpg]
Sadly we didn't do it this week. Perhaps next week though, Goonstation Movie Klub Kids! keep hope alive
Nitrous Wrote:Hello!

This weeks movie night will be a little different, as we'll be watching the danish shitshow of a movie, "Terkel In Trouble"
It will be dubbed in Danish, with English subs
The stream is gonna be next saturday at 23:00 GMT+1(or earlier?), with further details being given in the IRC channel prior to the stream!

[Image: 220px-Terkel.jpg]

Oh my fucking god yes! I love this movie! It's Denmark's crowning achievment.

Hufflaw Wrote:Sadly we didn't do it this week. Perhaps next week though, Goonstation Movie Klub Kids! keep hope alive

I didn't even miss it!! The cloud touches us everywhere
[Image: U5PmU60.png]

Nitrous has turned out to be a huge disappointment. We're watching Paul Blart Mall Cop this saturday, 22:00 GMT. Be there or be elsewhere.

This has to been seen. To be believed.
Prepare for the Blart https://rabb.it/r/smelur?i=xUYVxzTPVg_b

This just in: Paul Blart is a really fun movie.
I had a great time watching Paul Blart and singing karaoke with everyone! What's the next movie, and when?
Plart: Cop of the Mall