Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Goonstation Movie Club
Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing...
[Image: gdb3gN6.png]
Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing...

################################################################################

SICK INTRO WHICH IS MEANT TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION:

################################################################################

Have you ever wanted to watch a movie with someone else but never had any actual friends?
well me too! And boy do i have the thing for you!

I present to you: the Goonstation Movie Club!
A club dedicated to watching only the shittiest best movies available on the various torrent sites, by streaming it on a streaming site near you!

A Proof-of-Concept stream was organized earlier, where we showed the excellent High School Musical film, winner of two Primetime Emmy Awards alongside 18 other nominations!
Our focus group of mainly 18-32 year old neckbearded basement dwellers couldn't get enough of the quality content provided by one of the absolute classics of the mid 2000's, that is High School Musical.
Because of this early success we are proud to announce that we will be providing hours upon hours of quality content, right to your virtual doorstep, and the best part is; it's free!

For the next showing there will be a vote for which movie we will watch
Below you will find a curated list of only the best movies to choose between!

SELECTION OF MOVIES FROM WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE:

Choice #1: Maximum Overdrive
While it is no Transporter 2 in terms of production quality or maybe even cast, this movie is a wonderful example of how this medium can perfectly portray the struggles of middle aged white cis males.
oh and also apparently this movie was directed by Stephen King, the famous physicist, that's cool i guess.

Summary:
A group of people try to survive when machines start to come alive and become homicidal.

Choice #2: Hard Ticket to Hawaii
Clocking in at a solid 4.4 score on IMDB this movie is sure to be mediocre at best, but as SnoopyStyle says,

"I suspect that the bulk of my review for any Andy Sidaris movie will sound something like this:
big boobs... blah blah blah.... guns... blah blah blah.... great ass... shower scene... blah blah blah.... jacuzzi... blah blah blah"

what could possibly go wrong?

Summary:
Two drug enforcement agents are killed on a private Hawaiian island. Donna and Taryn, two operatives for The Agency,
accidentally intercept a delivery of diamonds intended for drug lord Seth Romero, who takes exception and tries to get them back.
Soon other Agency operatives get involved, and a full-scale fight to the finish ensues, complicated here and there by an escaped snake made deadly by Toxic Waste!

Choice #3: Jack and Jill
This movie has managed to take the movie industry by storm, and that is no doubt thanks to the tens-of-minutes spent tirelessly working on the script for this fantastic comedy movie.
We at the Goon Movie Club wouldn't even consider kicking this thing off the ground without having an Adam Sandler movie in the selection,
and not only that, we also thought it necessary to screen only his best, but perhaps also most controversial movie; Jack and Jill.

Did you know..
That Adam Sandler has never failed to turn a profit off of his great movies, if that doesn't restore your faith in humanity, i don't know what will!

Summary:
Family guy Jack Sadelstein prepares for the annual event he dreads: the Thanksgiving visit of his twin sister,
the needy and passive-aggressive Jill, who then refuses to leave.

Choice #4: Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Well, looking at this reddit thread, Paul Blart is the best thing to have happened in the movie industry for decades
and we all know that reddit never lies, right?!

Summary:
When a shopping mall is taken over by a gang of organized crooks, it's up to a mild-mannered security guard to save the day.

ATTENTION:
This movie has been rated PG for some violence, mild crude and suggestive humor, and language
Ask your mum if it's okay to watch this movie!

Choice #5: Torque
A solid 4.0 on the good ol' IMDB (which incidentally stands for "I'd manhandle dat butt.") means that this the hours minutes of entertainment provided by this movie will surely leave you stunned!

Summary:
Biker Cary Ford is framed by an old rival and biker gang leader for the murder of another gang member
who happens to be the brother of Trey (Ice Cube), leader of the most feared biker gang in the country.
Ford is now on the run trying to clear his name from the murder with Trey and his gang looking for his blood.

Link to the strawpoll where you can vote:
http://strawpoll.me/5763575

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

- The stream can be found at The Goon School on twitch.tv

- The first broadcast will begin next Sunday at 1 AM GMT+1 (So, Saturday night) (also this is probably pretty flexible, idk when the best time is honestly)

- In the event that you were not fortunate enough to be born in the best timezone in the world, here's a countdown

- Join #Goonstation on synirc.net before the stream to join in the discussion, or use the chat on twitch.tv!

- Popcorn will be sold outside the virtual theatre at a reasonable 7000% markup

- Also note: for the stream after this one, YOU will be able to choose which movie we will be watching! (Details to follow!)

[Image: I6tWRAO.gif]

"How do you like them apples?"
- Will Hunting/Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting (1997)
this might be the most effort you've ever put into something in your entire life
i have been found out

what will i do now
I VOTE #3, JACK AND JILL, because that is a legit awful movie
I had a really good time watching High School Musical with Nitrous, Captain Bravo, some guy with a C name, babywrangler84 and MollyMillions today. I can't wait until we watch another absolutely shit movie next week!

Also you forgot to credit me and babywrangler for those A+, one of a kind, banners.
I vote Maximum Overdrive!
This is cool. Here is another to ponder for the future.
[Image: plan9Title.jpg]
blart or die fools
Nitrous Wrote:- The first broadcast will begin next Sunday at 1 AM GMT+1 (So, Saturday night) (also this is probably pretty flexible, idk when the best time is honestly)
What does this mean? Argh!
Hufflaw Wrote:
Nitrous Wrote:- The first broadcast will begin next Sunday at 1 AM GMT+1 (So, Saturday night) (also this is probably pretty flexible, idk when the best time is honestly)
What does this mean? Argh!

FreshOnion: How about 1 AM Sunday GMT+1
FreshOnion: So midnight GMT
Thegoonschool: do people watch things on 1 AM Sunday
FreshOnion: we did now
FreshOnion: so yeah
FreshOnion: I guess so
Thegoonschool: i ~guess~
that movie was fucking dogshit garbage and i'll probably watch next week's fucking goddamnit
Goon oriented SS13 version of MST3k.

If Nietzsche wasn't right about God being dead then this will probably take care of that.
Chopping mall do chopping mall its a b-movie its a bad movie

(okay it has robots shame me)
Suggestion: Y'gotta do some sort of spooky halloween thing sometime.
If you're interested in something a bit strange while at the same time really bad for Halloween, I would suggest "Terror Toons", and no it's not a cartoon. It has no nudity except for a single frame at the start, and the film itself... it's... it's something.
The most I'll say is that you should have whoever runs this vet the movie and then determine if it fits your guys' criteria, but if you decide to go with it looking this one up is not suggested as it'd ruin the mystique.

Also, when is the next showing? I have a particular interest in bad horror films.