Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xenobiology department
Apologies if this seems outlandish and pointless, but.
What if xenobiology revolved around genetically engineering mobs?

Mobs would spawn with certain genes, similarly to genetics, but rather than giving them superpowers it's things along the lines of docile nature or aggressive nature or defensive nature, damage resistant, fast, strong, slow, weak, reproductive, etc. The point of it (in the case of actually trying to do your job and not fuck over the station) would be to provide various modified mobs to certain sectors of the station.

For instance, security may request defensive, damage resistant bees to accompany them on patrols or ling hunts.

Botany may request fast, reproductive bees so that they can get honey faster and supply themselves with more bees via bees laying eggs.

Or perhaps the chef wants weak, docile, reproductive pigs as easy cattle.

Of course it would probably need other allures, like the ability to bring back dead mobs or do mob gene combining which would make entirely different mobs either randomized, based on certain factors, or having set combinations that create certain things.

To be more specific, you combine a space bee and a wendigo. If it's randomized, you end up with anything from a space bear to a martian. If randomized based on factors, anywhere from a space bear to a yeti. If it's set combos, it would lead to a pre-existing combo or just kill both mobs, or create an abomination, one of those things people turn into when they take too many mutations.

Implementing this would probably take a lot of work, though. Mobs would have to have a chance to spawn with different traits, though I think the quality system already does this to an extent with mobs.

Now, some may say this'd be too easy to turn against the station, however I must comment that just about every research sector can be described in the same way, especially toxins.
DyssalC Wrote:Words

Give Farmertologist, or whatever we're gonna call it a spray that tells bees that "This is your nest"

Cue clown spraying himself with bee pheromones, and declaring himself BEE ROYALTY and getting anyone who tries to push him over stung.
I want SS13 pokemaenz.
DyssalC Wrote:WORDSWORDSWORDS

I like this
grow spacebears and wendigos for arm harvests