Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~Decorative Sprites~ enlighten me
a typewriter for the information office would be nice

maybe a coffee machine too for those long hours
Naximous Wrote:Pipeborgan for the chaplain.
Please tell me this wasn't a typo, because I want it not to be.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Naximous Wrote:Pipeborgan for the chaplain.
Please tell me this wasn't a typo, because I want it not to be.

Well... what the fuck is a pipeborgan anyways? Pipe organ but with borgs?
It's a pipe organ mounted on a borg, obviously.
Winklabom Wrote:It's a pipe organ mounted on a borg, obviously.
Pipe organ that plays borg screams in varying notes, or birdwells in various notes. Or just a little floorbot remodeled to occasionally play pipe organ pieces.
I used to have the idea of making a fish tank for that captains room or something, but it never got passed this [Image: 619gN2U.gif], maybe you can make one and make it look rad as fuck.
A fish tank would be amazing.

Make breaking it be the only way to get a clownfish, or something like that. It'd just be a dead fish, similar to what the Chef has in the kitchen, but it's be a fancy looking dead fish!

Make it look like those bio-cube aquariums or something. Could be made to be ~futuristic~ looking.

I suppose to whatever spriter takes up making an aquarium: color references. An amount of water as small as an aquarium is mainly translucent, not really blue. Freshwater aquariums are mainly greens and darker browns, while saltwater aquariums are lighter browns and greys with splotches of bright colors.

Oh god, aquariums and stuff used to be my hobby. A painful one, at that. If you need a weird fish or fish-keeping reference, I can probably find it.
This likely already occurred to you or has been suggested, but most rounds, Botany seems like it should be cluttered with various drug paraphernalia, although the botanists normally accomplish that on their own.
Why Botany doesn't spawn with drug-contaminated needles, tie-dye t-shirts, and the burnt remains of reefers, I do not know. Sounds like some good decoration to me.

Cogmap 2 needs hippie botanist stuff.
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:This likely already occurred to you or has been suggested, but most rounds, Botany seems like it should be cluttered with various drug paraphernalia, although the botanists normally accomplish that on their own.

Bongs and beanbags are planned. I was going to do low lying tables with cushions and a hookah, but I realized that it wouldn't look good as there's no "sit on the ground" sprite for players other than lie on the ground. So beanbags would at least work in that regard. I might do table covers and stuff. Also i'm going to make a tea set with a candle warmer, the kind you get in tea gardens if you've ever been, http://cdnll.republicoftea.com/images/325/V20052_1.jpg
That'd be nice in botany, but also would be nice in the chapel/cafe etc.
I got a bit inspired by the aquarium suggestion and made an aquarium frame, along with some hypothetical fillings:
[Image: rMxA3di.png]
Made in MS Paint!

If sharing sprites wasn't expected here, whoops.
A mimeograph for the chaplain to make religious propaganda leaflets with.

Or information printing stations I guess!
Give the crewmonkeys (all of the monkeys with fixed names and non removable items) a fairly hidden special room.
It'd have....
  • A monkey sized, color coded bed for each monkey
  • A plant tray and banana seeds
  • Monkey band posters
  • Little monkey sized guitar and drum.
  • A monkey sized TV
  • An antfarm.
  • Closets full of monkey sized jumpsuits.
  • monkey books.
  • personal possesions of each crewmonkey scattered about.
Maybe some candelabras for the chapel? The wax candles don't quite match the rest of the general aesthetic.