Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noodle reagent - what if noodles had noodles?
It's pretty lame how desperate dans have no noodles in them. they literally are just soups.

Currently the base noodle component is
10 units of chicken soup
10 units of salt
1+ units of space-soybean oil/ 1+ partially hydrogenated space-soybean oil
9+ units of monosodium glutamate

It'd make more sense to be
10 units of noodles
5 units of chicken soup
5 units of salt
1+ units of space-soybean oil/ 1+ partially hydrogenated space-soybean oil
9+ units of monosodium glutamate

What would noodles do?
they'd look like noodles when thrown on the ground or when you puke with noodles in your system they puke up.
other than that they do nothing because they have no nutrients.
This allows for lame 'noodle incident' jokes.
Yes.
I have also wondered this. Make noodles a thing, so that Botany can have "Spaghetti Trees" like the old april fools joke.
I can't wait to fill my fanny back with spaghetti
Quote:what if noodles had noodles

Add rice so we can have rice noodles, and rice wine.
noodles + strange reagent/life = flying spaghetti monster
babayetu83 Wrote:noodles + strange reagent/life = flying spaghetti monster
OH GOD YES
babayetu83 Wrote:noodles + strange reagent/life = flying spaghetti monster

yes

add noodle reagent, we need this in our lives

ultimate manifestation of the chaplain's mad beliefs
I am against this only for the fact that Discount Dan would be too cheap to use actual noodles in his noodle soup. However extracting Noodle Reagent from Sperghetti noodles is okay.
Dr_Bee Wrote:I am against this only for the fact that Discount Dan would be too cheap to use actual noodles in his noodle soup. However extracting Noodle Reagent from Sperghetti noodles is okay.
So chicken soup is cheaper than noodles? Surely not. Chicken is more expensive than wheat.
salix_catus Wrote:
Dr_Bee Wrote:I am against this only for the fact that Discount Dan would be too cheap to use actual noodles in his noodle soup. However extracting Noodle Reagent from Sperghetti noodles is okay.
So chicken soup is cheaper than noodles? Surely not. Chicken is more expensive than wheat.
Who said he uses actual chicken?
Noah Buttes Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:
Who said he uses actual chicken?
Well maybe there shouldn't be chicken soup at all in the noodles. I thought the whole idea behind the random chemicals is that they were used as cheap flavorings. cheap flavorings for noodles.Goonstation does a lot of things right aesthetically but having no noodles in the noodles is not one of them. Maybe it could be changed whenever food is revamped.
salix_catus Wrote:Well maybe there shouldn't be chicken soup at all in the noodles. I thought the whole idea behind the random chemicals is that they were used as cheap flavorings. cheap flavorings for noodles.Goonstation does a lot of things right aesthetically but having no noodles in the noodles is not one of them. Maybe it could be changed whenever food is revamped.
Food is getting revamped?
Really, chicken soup should be the result of mixing salt, water, chicken, and noodle reagents.