Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clown mask a Gas mask
vampirate Wrote:
Naximous Wrote:Clowns don't breath Oxygen!

They breath Space Helium!

They also carry a special Air Tank that generates Space Helium whenever anyone near them laughs! (And it can be connected to the clown mask too!)

They have 5 minutes worth of space helium when the get aboard the station too!

Truly a terrible idea

Wasn't a serious idea neither big grin

But it would be a cool Admin only thing or like a 3% chance to get it or something :P
Zadeon Wrote:Make it a trait for only clown that gives around +5 points.

this works. that way you have to be a easily bled, flammable, deaf or near sighted clown if you want to breath, more funny honestly.
vampirate Wrote:
Naximous Wrote:Clowns don't breath Oxygen!

They breath Space Helium!

They also carry a special Air Tank that generates Space Helium whenever anyone near them laughs! (And it can be connected to the clown mask too!)

They have 5 minutes worth of space helium when the get aboard the station too!

Truly a terrible idea
I dunno. There's a kernel of good idea in there, with laugh emote powered something for the clown. Might work for that big ole Chaplain religion thing if there's a clown religion.
Guys...I really think we shouldn't give the clown ANYTHING that would make you want to play it. Why would you want to play a clown!? Why?! The only reason to play the clown is to prove you are the hardest of the hard, and the baddest of the bad...or most likely die trying.

The clown's biggest and funniest joke is it's own existence. It is playing with both arms behind your back. And I like it like that.
Waffles64 Wrote:Guys...I really think we shouldn't give the clown ANYTHING that would make you want to play it. Why would you want to play a clown!? Why?! The only reason to play the clown is to prove you are the hardest of the hard, and the baddest of the bad...or most likely die trying.

The clown's biggest and funniest joke is it's own existence. It is playing with both arms behind your back. And I like it like that.
Waffles64 understands what it mean to be a clown.
As a counterpoint: If you change things so that there is no reason to want to play as a clown... people will not want to play as clowns. I feel like this should be a really obvious conclusion, but somehow it isn't. Making a job unfun will not make the job more fun. It will do the opposite.
Grek Wrote:As a counterpoint: If you change things so that there is no reason to want to play as a clown... people will not want to play as clowns. I feel like this should be a really obvious conclusion, but somehow it isn't. Making a job unfun will not make the job more fun. It will do the opposite.

Well I would agree but I still see lots of people play clown to this day. I don't think people will never not play clown. Cause it's the clown.
I'm so glad the clown is back.
Gannets Wrote:I'm so glad the clown is back.

But not the Blue clown QQ
Grek Wrote:As a counterpoint: If you change things so that there is no reason to want to play as a clown... people will not want to play as clowns. I feel like this should be a really obvious conclusion, but somehow it isn't. Making a job unfun will not make the job more fun. It will do the opposite.
Good. Clown is supposed to be a terrible job. If no one but the truly dedicated wants to play is, that just means the clown spot is more likely to be open for the true masters of clowning.

Also just saying clown has never been changed. It's always been like this and I don't see why it should change. Not all masks give you the option to use O2 tanks and that's not bad. You have to sacrifice somethings if you want to do other things.
Guys, let's spawn the clown without any limbs, and sarin poisoning. Only the most robust players. Gotta sacrifice something if you want something.

*fart
there's a strange twinging sensation in my forehead!!!

"do any of these people advocating for clown breathing play as the clown, and if they don't, is this the single thing keeping them from clowning around"
I occasionally clown around, usually as Beelzebub, Lord of the Pies. The lack of being able to use the mask this way doesn't stop me, but I seriously don't get why there's so much push against it in any form.

Clown already starts with terrible shoes, and debilitating clumsiness. I've stabbed my own eyes out by fumbling a butcher knife. It was hilarious. It's not like being able to breathe in uniform is going to stop shenanigans.

Like, I get that you're supposed to be the comic relief. You're not there to save the day, to rampage and roar about. It's possible, but doing so is just an extension of your role of being funny since a successful clown flips expectations and that's what humor is all about.

I've offered up a compromise with balloons, someone else suggested making it a medal award to reskin gasmasks. I don't really care either way, it just feels like elitism to me. "I was clowning before it was cool"