Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clown mask a Gas mask
Give me honk or give me death.
I think working on the formal creation of "Clown Theory" would be more productive than some of the debates here.
Sundance Wrote:Another idea is to spawn "happy pills" in the clown closet. These pills could contain 1 part Epinephrine to 1 part Yobihodazine. This whombo combo would enable the clown to fight through airless cold corridors and the clown could take it for suffocation damage if in crit. Of course Yobihodazine has a chance of giving brain damage, that's fairly clowny though. It's also another source of Yobihodazine on the station. Personally i'd like this the best, as it requires no coding and fairly hits the problem on the head.
I occasionally do this as a clown, except with perflurodecalin. 60 units, cut with sugar and split across 40 pills is enough to spend a whole round standing outside station windows doing stupid mime acts for the chaplain/genetics/chemists assuming you have a space suit to stop the cold damage.
Mask attachments should be a thing.... Only with the clowns/clumsiness theres a random chance the attachment will fly off every step you walk. clown attaches breathmask to clown mask and goes out into space. a minute later it flies off into space and clown dies. A false sense of security leads to funnier situations than knowing that you can't breath in the first place.
Sundance Wrote:I would've been on the side of the "code of the clown" and "your job is to be funny, not alive" camp, but since the atmos changes where vacuum exposure means airless and cold rooms more so than prior, then I'd recommend giving the clown some sort protection against this.

It's just that the clown mask acting as a gas mask seems so... unclowny to a very clown situation. Efficient and functional, that's not the clown at all.

Maybe when the clown blows up a balloon, it acts as a temporary oxytank so long as the clown is holding it (which with clown shoes, may not be for very long), and will deflate after a while. Nonsensical and funny.

Another idea is to spawn "happy pills" in the clown closet. These pills could contain 1 part Epinephrine to 1 part Yobihodazine. This whombo combo would enable the clown to fight through airless cold corridors and the clown could take it for suffocation damage if in crit. Of course Yobihodazine has a chance of giving brain damage, that's fairly clowny though. It's also another source of Yobihodazine on the station. Personally i'd like this the best, as it requires no coding and fairly hits the problem on the head.
Just give the clown closet a bottle of rum. Drunk clowns are a thing too yaknow.
the most goonstation thing of all time is the fact that this thread has over 75 replies
Frank_Stein Wrote:Not wanting it to change is one thing, and there's nothing wrong with that. But acting like someone that just wants to play the game without dying should be ashamed of themselves, like clown is some kind of do or die role strictly for the best players who are skilled enough to play without internals, is silly. That's the elitism I'm talking about.
If you want to play without dying, maybe clown isn't the role for you. Nobody's forcing you to play it. And in fact, it's so handicapped that you shouldn't be choosing it unless you're not willing to play a degraded experience where you've got to be a super robust graysuit++ to accomplish anything.
give him an internals mask, don't give him an internals mask, who gives a fuck it's a god damned Clown. whether he lives or dies is irrelevant and its not like giving him a gas mask is some big cardinal sin (unless you're a huge dork)

OMJ Wrote:the most goonstation thing of all time is the fact that this thread has over 75 replies

hey, at least its not bees
Paineframe Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:Not wanting it to change is one thing, and there's nothing wrong with that. But acting like someone that just wants to play the game without dying should be ashamed of themselves, like clown is some kind of do or die role strictly for the best players who are skilled enough to play without internals, is silly. That's the elitism I'm talking about.
If you want to play without dying, maybe clown isn't the role for you. Nobody's forcing you to play it. And in fact, it's so handicapped that you shouldn't be choosing it unless you're not willing to play a degraded experience where you've got to be a super robust graysuit++ to accomplish anything.
There was a gimmick role at one point called "????" or something. I tried it out. I spawned in in a straitjacket, blindfold, muzzle, handcuffs, I had some sort of defect that made me fall asleep often, maybe I was inject and didn't know, not sure. Either way, it was 100% made to be incredibly inconvenient and be amazing if you even managed to get out of the binds. Clown is a -much- less extreme example of this kind of job. It is (from my understanding) meant to be a difficult role with one goal. Be funny through adversity.

I can understand the backlash, then for people wanting to remove one of the biggest bits of adversity from the role. That said, making a very clowny solution by filling balloons and inhaling them? That's a decent middle ground. Sure, I don't really feel it needs changing, but I don't see why it can't happen, and those who -want- to be true clowns don't have to use air balloons.
Ed Venture Wrote:I've never had that much trouble running out of a room with no O2.

I retract this statement, after I had trouble escaping from rooms with no O2 and almost dying in a round where some dude kept making holes in the station. Like I said I'm pretty neutral on this idea. But I do believe there are more pros and cons. I really don't like using the reasoning of "Other servers do it so can't we?" cause I feel like it's a lame attempt to justify shoehorning something into the game but I honestly can't see any harm in this idea.