Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok
Ed Venture Wrote:
SL the Pyro Wrote:Just because you're knocked on your ass doesn't mean you should lose all ability to react and adapt to the situation. Let downed people keep some of their fucking teeth. It's a more satisfying victory for the aggressor, and it gives the victim an actual chance to save themselves.
I agree with this and everything, but the disarms that stun batons and tasers that Sec has a pretty necessary for the job. Arrests are hard if the person can just keep shooting/pummeling you, and if they just drop the item with no penalty on picking it back up, that's what's going to happen.

Weavel Wrote:You fumble trying to grab the Stun Baton!
Isaac Kirkhope is trying to grab the Stun Baton!
You fumble trying to grab the Stun Baton!
Isaac Kirkhope is trying to grab the Stun Baton!
Isaac Kirkhope grabs the Stun Baton!

If you're lying on the ground and not unconscious, you should still have some control of your hands/limbs.
Would make for some fun ambush scenarios too; lie down with a csword in your hand looking like a bloody corpse, then surprise motherfucker you have no more legs
This. Make stuns add fumble chance, with each progressive stun hit upping the percentage. Have the items fling out rather than drop at the feet. Let people kick things away.
Uhh somehow this thread has magically became a thread that I posted? I'm confused and afraid.
I also notice the first post has been completely borked and doesn't explain what the thread is about at all anymore.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5730
Marq fairly hastily moved this discussion to a new thread. Long story short, this is meant to be where people can talk about potential changes to the stun duration/effects of both Stun Batons and Tasers, though Marq has insisted that Tasers will not be touched at all.
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5731