Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok
This might make fighting wizards actually a vaguely interesting idea. I say yes and also please.
I don't see any reason why not. It would make things much more interesting.
And it would be much easier to remove my own heart, so thats a plus.
I don't really like this idea. Knocking someone down is a very important part of combat in spaceman fighting because the combat honestly sucks and if someone could still attack you or shoot you or Csaber you while they are laying down still would just make it even more dumb.
KikiMofo Wrote:I don't really like this idea. Knocking someone down is a very important part of combat in spaceman fighting because the combat honestly sucks and if someone could still attack you or shoot you or Csaber you while they are laying down still would just make it even more dumb.
I agree. All I said on the matter in IRC was that I thought that getting tased made you drop you item even after you recoverd from being tased.
Quote:I agree. All I said on the matter in IRC was that I thought that it was dumb getting tased made you drop you item even after you recoverd from being tased.
I really don't think it would necessarily be bad to separate knockdown from disarm from stun. With knockdown meaning you are horizontal, slow and take more damage, disarm meaning you drop all your stuff and stunned meaning you can't click things. At first everything would just give all three (like now) but in the future you'd have more room to adjust things.
KikiMofo Wrote:I don't really like this idea. Knocking someone down is a very important part of combat in spaceman fighting because the combat honestly sucks and if someone could still attack you or shoot you or Csaber you while they are laying down still would just make it even more dumb.
SL the Pyro Wrote:Tasers, shocks and other less-nasty stuns shouldn't make you fall down or drop your items,

This is really the only problem I have with this idea. Being tased robs you of all muscle control while it's happening. That's the point. Getting hit with a taser works pretty well right now. That said, being shoved down with a disarm should just drastically slow your movement and have a chance to make you drop held things. Punches that knock you down should have a chance to do that, a chance to knock you out...which I think they already do? All in all, I think this is a fairly good idea that could use some tweaking to fit the game, but is necessary to look into.
Yeah while I really like this idea in theory it probably wouldn't have very pretty results.

Maybe, as a compromise, let downed players interact with anything next to or on the same tile as them - you can't pick up items (for whatever reason, just roll with it) but if someone's closing in to grab and strangle you, you might be able to trip them up or pull them off their feet or something? If you're next to a table, maybe you could... pull yourself under or on top of it? Not sure, but I think there is potential for some slapstick interactivity that gives you a fighting chance instead of going "oh, I slipped on blood/a banana/urine first, guess I'm dead now".
Admiral jimbob Wrote:
Yeah while I really like this idea in theory it probably wouldn't have very pretty results.

Maybe, as a compromise, let downed players interact with anything next to or on the same tile as them - you can't pick up items (for whatever reason, just roll with it) but if someone's closing in to grab and strangle you, you might be able to trip them up or pull them off their feet or something? If you're next to a table, maybe you could... pull yourself under or on top of it? Not sure, but I think there is potential for some slapstick interactivity that gives you a fighting chance instead of going "oh, I slipped on blood/a banana/urine first, guess I'm dead now".
I like the idea of crawling. I know you can lie down and stand up to move a bit like that, but actual crawling around through vents or disposal pipes would be hilarious.
I like this idea and I think it'd add a lot to combat with some restrictions - for example, under a certain stamina threshold you wouldn't be able to do stuff, much like as if you were unconscious. Also, valid hit zones would be restricted to legs (otherwise the attack would miss).
Marquesas Wrote:Also, valid hit zones would be restricted to legs (otherwise the attack would miss).

That sounds very cool.
controllable helplessness would be fun. being able to slowly crawl away would be nice, and being able to smack someone while they are choking you would also be nice. overall would make dieing a less frustrating experience, and more dramatic!
On second thought, I'd be okay with this so long as security weapons kept their current behavior.
Life as an officer is hard enough as it is.
will this have any effect on ppl scooting under the plastic flaps to sneak into places