Poll: How much admin fuckery do you like to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every round
7.72%
20 7.72%
Most rounds
24.71%
64 24.71%
Some rounds
54.44%
141 54.44%
Few rounds
11.97%
31 11.97%
Never
1.16%
3 1.16%
Total 259 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote
Cogwerks Wrote:We'll have a better idea of how many unique regular players are active soon as more tracking stuff reports back, but it's probably in the thousands across a month.
I really didn't think it would be this high but apparently it's around 5820 players from June to now. Which is mindblowing, I expected a bit less than 1000 at most.
Hufflaw Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:We'll have a better idea of how many unique regular players are active soon as more tracking stuff reports back, but it's probably in the thousands across a month.
I really didn't think it would be this high but apparently it's around 5820 players from June to now. Which is mindblowing, I expected a bit less than 1000 at most.
Jesus Christ
Would anyone say there's been a bit of a resurgence in people playing? I know it seemed to practically disappear to me for about a year.
I thought SS13 was way more niché than that
We've been mentioned in PC Gamer and a few other places recently. It's certainly a niche nerd game, but it's getting more and more attention.
Cogwerks Wrote:We've been mentioned in PC Gamer and a few other places recently. It's certainly a niche nerd game, but it's getting more and more attention.

People still read PC gamer?
I'm way late to this but I like admin gimmicks. But the kinds I like most are the ones that aren't really announced at all, and just sort of take shape. Minor things happening around the station. Strange occurrences. Spooky statues of players and scrawled notes leading to sealed off areas with god knows what inside.

Basically, not so much a gimmick as a story using SS13 as a medium. Done well, it can make for an intriguing, engaging little adventure.

Or loading people up with fartonium, that's always funny v
I just had a round where an admin ran a very cool gimmick involving glitchy tiles and text on a quiet server, it definitely made my night and I'd love to see more of that.
(02-05-2016, 02:04 AM)borderlioness Wrote: I just had a round where an admin ran a very cool gimmick involving glitchy tiles and text on a quiet server, it definitely made my night and I'd love to see more of that.

That was a fun one

[Image: VKuACzx.png]
(02-05-2016, 02:04 AM)borderlioness Wrote: I just had a round where an admin ran a very cool gimmick involving glitchy tiles and text on a quiet server, it definitely made my night and I'd love to see more of that.

As strange as this may sound, that used to be the defacto "fuck shit up" admin round. There was a period for a few months were something like that happened every other week.

Strangely, unlike other gimmicks, it was infrequent enough that it wasn't run into the ground, it was just that everyone had seen it before.

Also it had a tendency to cause the server to crawl to a halt and lag until the next round and even then some.
(02-05-2016, 03:35 PM)Mageziya Wrote:

As strange as this may sound, that used to be the defacto "fuck shit up" admin round. There was a period for a few months were something like that happened every other week.

Strangely, unlike other gimmicks, it was infrequent enough that it wasn't run into the ground, it was just that everyone had seen it before.

Also it had a tendency to cause the server to crawl to a halt and lag until the next round and even then some.
Ahhh, that explains it. I haven't been on in a very long time, so that's probably why I haven't seen it before.
My opinion: spread it out more.

Sometimes we go hours without a single fuckery, and then we get 5 or 6 fuckeries in a row.
There's plenty of boring rounds where I wish the admins would intervene. To the point where one round I spammed them with prayers just to see what would happen.
Yea, I tend to play during the AM hours in the time zone including NYC and I don't see nearly enough badminning. We need more.
If there's a couple quiet rounds in a row having admins unleash hilarious chaos would be great. Doing it too often is not a good idea though, minor fuckery like spawning in all the dead people as plasmaspores is great in pretty much any round.