Poll: How much admin fuckery do you like to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every round
7.72%
20 7.72%
Most rounds
24.71%
64 24.71%
Some rounds
54.44%
141 54.44%
Few rounds
11.97%
31 11.97%
Never
1.16%
3 1.16%
Total 259 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote
On IRC people had started talking about the level of admin fuckery during rounds dropping, and in there it seemed like people missed it.

Do you want to see more? What kind of fuckery? You'll have to forgive me for not prompting people with more questions, but I just woke up, and you guys are good at shouting your opinions around as it is.

Let us know!
I miss the old days when you would never know if a gibshark was hiding around the corner or you would watch a spaceman be ran over by an adminbus while weird ass music played.

I remember when if the round lasted over 60 minutes an admin would show up just to fuck with the station cause it was lasting so long, level 60 meteor showers, zombies, omnitratiors, or even the lowly predator would show up just to add some excitement to the round.
I am also interested in hearing the community opinion on adminbuttons.

Is having a chiptune/smash mouth mashup/nuclear blowout/admin bus/glitch gun/etc turn up every couple of rounds or so something you find fun or something that distracts you from what you'd rather be doing on ss13?
Just gonna quote what I said in IRC

Quote:The reason why I came to this server was because it was Light RP and shit could get crazy and the admins and players were not afraid to have fun back then

Yes, I miss the admin bus. I feel like for the most part in the old days there was a good balance of admin fuckery. Then it got to a point where someone made a complaint over it and nah I almost never see admins go nuts anymore. It saddens me and I would like to see it come back to a degree cause the game has got pretty boring imo.
Zombie and disaster rounds should be apart of the admin fuckery
As long as there is some sort of effort being put in said adminfuckery, just pressing 10 meteor buttons because the round has been getting quite stale is low Ugh, that button... but the general idea of more button pressing, HECK YEAH. get in not go out
I like admin shenanigans But if it's admin shenanagins that's inconveniencing the players just because "ooh buttons" or lagging the server to death because "ooh buttons" then that can take a hike. If admins are messing with rounds that keep the players in mind and keeps lag to a minimum or doesn't lag at all, then you could do it every round for that matter.
To be fair, you can correlate the amount of admin abuse dropping to the time elapsed since a new coder was promoted.
I think recently the complainers and dullards have had too much influence. I loved seeing weird admin things like martian running around and 12 hat skeletons, or a rude man showing up with some bizarre/stupidly powerful weapon
I love admin fuckery. But you can have too much of a good thing.

Brevity is the soul of wit.
I love it, but I'm a person who enjoys dying. The main complaint seems to be from lag-producing fuckery. There will be lots of antag salt though.

While yer at it, bring back monkey mode and monkey survival for flavor rounds. *chimper
I haven't seen adminfrickery in a long time. More often please!
down with the badmins. i want to do the exact same thing every round, fun be damned
Yeah, it's nice to have deviations from the expected.

I do agree that player consideration is important. Admin fuckery should mostly be an extra challenge to the crew to respond to rather than a steamroller mowing them down.
given that I spend a lot of my off time designing and running Urs Dungeon, which is by definition a form of admin fuckery, I'm sure everyone here knows my opinion on the matter B]