Poll: How much admin fuckery do you like to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every round
7.72%
20 7.72%
Most rounds
24.71%
64 24.71%
Some rounds
54.44%
141 54.44%
Few rounds
11.97%
31 11.97%
Never
1.16%
3 1.16%
Total 259 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote
I sincerely apologize to that one person who voted "Never" you are entitled to your opinion and I am not making fun of you for having it, but
[Image: b760e97076.png]
i'm more a fan of dedicated admin rounds so at least i know what i'm getting into
babayetu83 Wrote:i'm more a fan of dedicated admin rounds so at least i know what i'm getting into
Yeah the best admin fuckery rounds are ones that are announced BEFORE the round starts. At least if there is going to be major fuckery.
i personally really like admin shenanigans but i can see why some people wouldn't want it to happen that often
as long as admin fuckery is funny and entertaining i dont care. what's not fun is admins jumping on and abusing their powers just because they enjoy going on killing sprees. i havent encountered this in some time other than the occasional maetcho maen and even then matceho men tend to be avoidable
Killing sprees are lame unless players are being specially armed against it, or all the bad dudes are long dead.
I think admin gimmicks are best done with the dungeonmaster sorta approach - encourage players to be a part of it, ideally on extended mode for anything disruptive. Folks love an end-boss or invasion or clown convention once in awhile.
Cogwerks Wrote:Killing sprees are lame unless players are being specially armed against it, or all the bad dudes are long dead.
I think admin gimmicks are best done with the dungeonmaster sorta approach - encourage players to be a part of it, ideally on extended mode for anything disruptive. Folks love an end-boss or invasion or clown convention once in awhile.

THIS, I keep on seeing admins thinking spawning 50 lions in escape and calling it an admin gimmic. It's not

An admin gimmik requires thought of whats best for the player not the admin
Some of my favourite admin antics are when a group of players are rewarded for doing something extremely weird / silly / funny. One time, me, Dexter Grifflez and a few other people killed a traitor, took his body to the chapel and made a shrine to him out of his traitor items. We performed a long, elaborate ritual involving syndicate daggers and blood sacrifice and were rewarded with the chapel being filled with singularity bombs. By the end of the round, most of the northern station was gone.

So I for one, wholly support admin fuckery in all shapes and forms.
Adminfuckery can be great, and it can be a good way to organically bring about the end of a long slow round. My problem has always been when one admin runs a good gimmick, or there was an awesome event where the station got destroyed then next round another admin had to do a thing and try to put their gimmick out there to make people happy. five rounds later and you've got nothing but gimmicks and it's become diluted and agitating. I don't know that admin gimmicks frequency should be looked at but intensity. If one round the whole station is destroyed, we don't need that kind of thing again. I don't think anyone is going to complain if one round is a disaster, then the next round the admin sets up something crazy in the chapel, then the next some weird shop gets set up at the market.

I think part of the problem is having buttons has made admins lazy. When you can hit a few buttons and fuck things up, what is the point of making a unique gimmick?

So really it's the intensity and type of admin fuckery that needs to be wary of becoming repetitive, not in general.
To be clear in the above statement, I mainly object to where each admin has to try and do "their spin" on a previous gimmick.

For instance you get a meteor disaster gimmick bit called in.

Next round an admin says "I hit a button" and some other destruction event occured.

Next round some admin slips the floors and rotates the maps.

And they just run that kind of stuff in the ground.

If an admin is going to run a gimmick the round after a gimmick has been run, it should not be at the push of a button. It should requre work, effort, and investment.
I like it when the admin fucker is contained. As in it's set to a pre-determined round. However I don't mind some random out the blue admin round or gimmick to pop up. Nothing is more funny watching some guy getting his arms and legs torn off by 8 small midget macho men that just came out of no where for no reason at all and is beating him to death. Or the random floor clown now and again.

Point I am trying to make is, I don't see a problem with having a random admin gimmick every once in awhile pop up in a normal round just to fuck with people now and then. Besides it's your server. My only thing is, if the guy was an antag, at least compensate them for the round, which you guys generally do anyway.
Well, I somehow missed this thread completely.

I love admin fuckery. The kinds of gimmicks I especially like are there ones where the admins shove some monstrosity off into the corner of the station (Generally the Chapel.) These out of way gimmicks tend to kill everyone involved, but involvement is completely optional.

In fact, I recently encountered an amazing round that started out like that. What was strange about the round is that it developed slowly into what most people in this thread despise: Extremely laggy, completely round consuming chaos. Yet, despite all of this, the salt was minimal and people were still having fun.

There's something about murderous touhous and 5 consecutive chaos dunks that makes the salt go away.

Cirno vs. Machoman when?
Awe shit I missed this thread to it seems.

I'm all for fuckery on all scales, all the better for the whole "dude you gotta see this..." factor when calling a non-SS13 buddy over to peek at my laptop.

Blowouts? Yeah I miss them to.

Welder? Him to...c'mon now, we got players who don't even know the terror that is the welder let alone the joy of BEING the welder.

Cogs if you're reading this I really miss your disaster rounds where you would spawn weapons around the courtroom and a shit-ton of syndicate agent NPCs between us and the shuttle. I swear I have never seen the crew work together more than those rounds and it did good for our morale...whole lotta 'no man left behind' mentality when we were forced to move as a unit or die.

I believe my vote's gonna lend in the 'most of the time' bracket but I myself wouldn't mind seeing the scale of the fuckery get kicked up a notch when it happens. Like maybe every now and again some MAID scale destruction...

Like not one intact square of the station MAID scale destruction...

Like 2000 buttbombs MAID scale...

While I'm on the subject who the fuck was MAID and why ain't I seen them since donut?
The key to a good admin gimmick is the ability for the players to win. sometimes I see admins spawn horrible death mobs and then let them run loose among the crew. while this can be hilarious it usually ends up making the people who try to fight them feel cheated, and considering security will probably be the ones trying it will end up with the non-traitor crew being at a serious disadvantage.
Buzzbomb Wrote:Cogs if you're reading this I really miss your disaster rounds where you would spawn weapons around the courtroom and a shit-ton of syndicate agent NPCs between us and the shuttle. I swear I have never seen the crew work together more than those rounds and it did good for our morale...whole lotta 'no man left behind' mentality when we were forced to move as a unit or die.

I am pretty sure that it was more of Marquesas doing that then cogs. Marquesas loved trying to up the challenge and make sure no one escapes alive