Poll: How much admin fuckery do you like to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every round
7.72%
20 7.72%
Most rounds
24.71%
64 24.71%
Some rounds
54.44%
141 54.44%
Few rounds
11.97%
31 11.97%
Never
1.16%
3 1.16%
Total 259 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote
Does anyone remember that creepy imago round? It was such an atmospheric and memorable thing and I would love to see more stuff in a similar vein.
Conor12 Wrote:I love blowouts. I love messing with rounds.

The only thing is if a round was messed with, it was likely the next 2-5 rounds would also be admin chaos and people got tired of it, sometimes.
Yeah that probably shouldn't happen (much).
Personally, I'd love to see blowouts return as a random event. It's really fun to see everyone scrambling to get into the nearest maintenance hall or locker.

Hephasto Wrote:Does anyone remember that creepy imago round? It was such an atmospheric and memorable thing and I would love to see more stuff in a similar vein.

I was part of that round!
Dear lord that round was terrifying. Pretty cool and unique though.
People really miss the admin fuckery?

I suppose it's time I came out of retirement.

Rare admin fuckery is great. 3-5 rounds in a row is not. The fact that you give adversly affected antags tokens helps a lot.
The drunkmin button doesn't get used enough imo
And here I was thinking I was probably fucking around a little too much these days.
I'm a pretty big fan of adminbus so long as it isn't LAG: The Laggening. Sometimes that's difficult to gauge, but then again sometimes the simplest changes are the best ones. Some of my favorite rounds have been adminbuss'd (ex. S.T.A.L.K.E.R complete with a Wish Granter artifact and bandits was great).

Also since we're discussing adminbus,

Bring Back The Welder 2015
BruiseCruise Wrote:I'm a pretty big fan of adminbus so long as it isn't LAG: The Laggening. Sometimes that's difficult to gauge, but then again sometimes the simplest changes are the best ones. Some of my favorite rounds have been adminbuss'd (ex. S.T.A.L.K.E.R complete with a Wish Granter artifact and bandits was great).

Also since we're discussing adminbus,

Bring Back The Welder 2015

I have not met the welder...

...I HAVE met the axeman however and I suspect that The Welder is somewhat similar (in terms of terror and fun).

Bring Back The Welder 2015 (and the Smiling Man while your at it whydontcha?).
spawn more cocaine

you can't go wrong with cocaine
well it really depends on the scale of the fuckery. small-scale fuckery that affects at best a handful of players, preferably non-fatally, is fine to have frequently. but large-scale fuckery must be kept rare, or else the core gameplay is disrupted and the fuckery loses its specialness
One kind of admin fuckery that NEVER gets old is messing with deadchat. Since the dead are already out of the game, you're not ruining anything for ghosts by doing admin shenanigans. Examples: Just recently, an admin turned all of the ghosts into Bowser. On a different round, Marquessa did a demo of the new pipebombs for deadchat out in the middle of space. Both high quality admin fuckery.
Messing with the ghosts themselves is fun too. Getting turned into an erebite ghost and standing over welding tools is always a fun time for everyone involved.

Agreeing with Misto on the topic in general, small things can be done much more often than things that change the whole round one way.
Gannets Wrote:I am also interested in hearing the community opinion on adminbuttons.

Is having a chiptune/smash mouth mashup/nuclear blowout/admin bus/glitch gun/etc turn up every couple of rounds or so something you find fun or something that distracts you from what you'd rather be doing on ss13?

Yes, I would love to see this stuff every round. Haha big grin

My goal is to buff myself up with awful drugs, a wrestling belt, and fight me a macho man.