Poll: How much admin fuckery do you like to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every round
7.72%
20 7.72%
Most rounds
24.71%
64 24.71%
Some rounds
54.44%
141 54.44%
Few rounds
11.97%
31 11.97%
Never
1.16%
3 1.16%
Total 259 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote
It's altogether possible that one player I was communicating with at the start was the changeling the whole time. I'll grant it to you. He did seem knowledgeable.

And was putting off his role since the crew was minimal.

Very likely.

But does the text at the end of the round make mistakes like that?
(03-08-2017, 02:57 PM)Bob Wrote: It's altogether possible that one player I was communicating with at the start was the changeling the whole time. I'll grant it to you. He did seem knowledgeable.

And was putting off his role since the crew was minimal.

Very likely.

But does the text at the end of the round make mistakes like that?

The round end report displays the name the current changeling is displaying, not the name they started with. You'd want to go off byond key for that, which appears next to their current name. As Gannets was saying, the player absorbed Shitty Bill, then transformed into them presumably, which would make their name appear as such at the end of the round.
Okay, so last question, and answering this will solve the case. He was wearing a spacesuit so I couldn't see his face. How did he have my name, and yet the log referred to him as "her" while my character was male? And when I pointed it out he turned me into a female that looked nothing like my original character.

Okay. so it's possible, and likely. got it.
(03-08-2017, 03:09 PM)Bob Wrote: Okay, so last question, and answering this will solve the case. He was wearing a spacesuit so I couldn't see his face. How did he have my name, and yet the log referred to him as "her" while my character was male? And when I pointed it out he turned me into a female that looked nothing like my original character.

Okay. so it's possible, and likely. got it.

I don't believe that a changeling can transform into someone who they haven't absorbed, but if your name was "Shitty Bill" then it would make sense. When they turned you into another character that was a DNA sting, which causes you to transform into someone they have absorbed when they sting you with it.
I'm still puzzled...

With a bunch of questions.
Changelings have a mimic voice command.
There's a few ways a person can transform themselves and others. The most common being:

- Stable Mutagen + Blood Sample
- DNA Sting (Changeling version of the above)
- Polymorphism (Genetics ability, though it only changes the user)
- You can also get this effect, sorta, by covering your face and wearing an id that isn't your own. When you scream, it uses the ID's name. Speaking gives you away (Manne Love (as Mommi Lovi) says, "Blah!"), though.

Anyways, this is pretty standard low-pop ling activity. Eat the Diner crew (Shitty Bill, included), become Shitty Bill, use mimic voice to screw with people, DNA or LSD sting people. There have been times where the entire crew got turned into Shitty Bill by the end of a round.

Admins generally make it very obvious that you're being screwed with. They only tend to do it to people who ask for it, to regulars that like 'fun', or during admin rounds. Even then it's quite rare.
You can learn more about what changelings can do here: https://wiki.ss13.co/Changeling#Powers
Well that explains it...

Man, I suck...
(03-08-2017, 04:27 PM)Bob Wrote: Well that explains it...

Man, I suck...

Nah, you're just learning. Soon you'll be smashing changeling heads and taking names. Grimm and frostbitten
(03-08-2017, 04:27 PM)Bob Wrote: Well that explains it...

Man, I suck...

You don't suck, you're just new. If anything, this is one of the best parts of becoming a spacedweeb, when everything is still a mystery and not a bunch of game mechanics to minmax and then disregard minmaxing.
I was following the wrong trails. I was an idiot to think it was an admin. The guy was a mastermind.

Then again, there may have been no way I could've known, and I was doing everything to the best of my ability. I think we're done here....

No, screw that. That's how I was playing the game. Now it all just fits into place. Screw you guys saying I don't suck. I know when I suck!

Nevermind. You're right.
(03-08-2017, 07:21 PM)Bob Wrote: I was following the wrong trails. I was an idiot to think it was an admin. The guy was a mastermind.

Then again, there may have been no way I could've known, and I was doing everything to the best of my ability. I think we're done here....

No, screw that. That's how I was playing the game. Now it all just fits into place. Screw you guys saying I don't suck. I know when I suck!

Nevermind. You're right.

... You okay there, Bob?
(03-09-2017, 05:58 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 07:21 PM)Bob Wrote: I was following the wrong trails. I was an idiot to think it was an admin. The guy was a mastermind.

Nevermind. You're right.

... You okay there, Bob?

That's a little something called dissociative identity disorder! unsmigghh
(03-09-2017, 02:46 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 05:58 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:

Nevermind. You're right.

... You okay there, Bob?

That's a little something called dissociative identity disorder!  unsmigghh

That's actually not DID at all. DID is when there is a strong trauma in your early life causing you to dissociate from from yourself. I know this because I have a "friend" who has it.

Bob is just arguing with himself.