Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your best death.
Shambling abominations are such a huge threat with a sustained level of murder behind them, they're one of the only times a suicide bombing is justified.
Suicide bombing is hitting your Fuck You button. Really, I do it only if I'm a traitor and there's no way to escape. Basically out of spite.

If a changeling turns into an abomination and is rampaging, he's playing it right. And he shouldn't be taken out by a blast, along with a big chunk of the station and a few people, just because you can't figure out how to stop him.
Killing a changeling out of resentment because he's playing better than you are is just dumb.
since changelings are spaceproof getting killed by a bomb means they're not actually great
Since the RD sold his bomb to buy a better investment I don't think this suicide bombing is going to continue.
Oh boy seems like I opened up a can of worms
Let me clarify I despise suicide bombing as means of murder even as an antagonist (unless of course you get your mindslave to do it, then it's a pass) and as a non-antagonist it's extra shit as it's you end up killing other players too.
But my suicide bomb was literally the only option I had left;
a) I had no attachment on the bomb
b) There were two changlings there, one of them being an abomination
c) The stupid captain who deserved to die in the first place, was charging is energy rifle and wouldn't give a shit if I got shot accidentally
d) I was on red health and there was about 4-5 survivors (not including the lings) on the station that were far away from the actual showdown.
e) Of course, I could always suicide+succumb, but where's the fun in that.

The only people that died were the two lings and the butthurt captain, in deadchat everybody cheered at the final conclusion, it was cinematic.
You guys should stop jumping to conclusions, honestly. Don't make this become the noose thread. :x
Look, there's a wrong and a right time to suicide bomb, and it's obvious when you see it even though it's hard to define. When everyone is cheering you in dead chat, it was a right time.
To be honest I don't care how many abominations there are. If you blow up a piece of escape and a few people to boot, just to kill them, you're doing it wrong.

It's not a win-at-all-costs game. And sometimes you're in a situation that you can't come on top of without doing stuff you wouldn't want people do when YOU are the traitor.
Being suicide bombed falls here. Lots of damage, a few deaths, just to make a guy fail?

That said, I was replying to Cogwerk's post above mine; I didn't even read your post.
Nah dude that's a good time to do it. Imagine it cinematicly, most of the station is taken out by two evil monsters, there is a confrontation between them and some unexpected hero gives up his life to keep them from escaping.

Gg sunman
Iunno, sundance is in the right in a RP sense, self sacrifice for the betterment of the entire crew.
To be fully honest I would suicide bomb changelings under less dangerous circumstances so i'm not sure why every is screaming at Sundance for being play to win or whatever as he is obviously the opposite type of guy, and I know everyone would have done the same as Sundance if they were in the situation, so please stop being so hypocritical about this.

We should also maybe stop hijacking this thread maybe? Or is it too late?
1) It's not everyone, it's just me.
2) I was not screaming at Sundance, but responding to a post on acceptable suicide bombing made by Cogwerks (second time I write this, eh).

3) When you do something that you think is heroic, picture yourself in the other guy's shoes, and see if you still think is cool.
I got the attention of two security guards and then hooticided. It was a fucking good day.
i wrote a 'paper - 'Homicide Note'' framing Rube Potter and then cut myself to death with it. and someone actually read it and acted on it.
CaptainBravo Wrote:i wrote a 'paper - 'Homicide Note'' framing Rube Potter and then cut myself to death with it. and someone actually read it and acted on it.
This reminded me of another death I had that was better than that other one I posted. Well funnier anyway.

An admin ran a rev round a few months after rev was removed. I was an Assistant and not a rev or a revhead or anything, but I grabbed a flash and ran up to the Detective while him and the Captain were talking. I flashed the Detective and fired off a custom emote at the same time that said something along the lines of "you are now a rev". The Captain immediately kills me with his egun, but after I die I see something magical: the Detective fucking bought it. He immediately pulls out his gun and shoots the Captain before getting dogpiled and severely beaten by Security, who strip him naked and throw him in solitary. Like 15 minutes later, the Captain has captured a revhead and taken him to the brig. He decides to throw the revhead into solitary. The HoS opens the doors, and the Detective charges out, buck naked, and knocks him out in a single punch, then attacks the Captain. The revhead takes this opportunity to flee and escapes the brig while the Captain murders the Detective. The round ended in a tie, and then the detective got really mad at me in OOC when he realized that he was not actually a rev.
The time I was AI and maecho maenn made a personal appearance on my satellite during a Macho round to spinning piledrive me out into space, where I flew until I struck an asteroid out in mining. I was so honored.

Actually, come to think of it, that's happened to me twice.