Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nooses.
It seems like everyone is forgetting that back on donut station 2.0 that the HoS's Solitary Confinement room was actually a gas chamber... I mean it even had pipes for you to safely fill it and then drain it with gas.
I actually am now convinced that nooses could be an hilarious addition to the game if it means the crew will call for hangings of the station heads or other people at any given moment.

The racist thing could just be solved by making racism a killable offense, punishable by hanging.
atomic1fire Wrote:The racist thing could just be solved by making racism a killable offense, punishable by hanging.
It already is, have you not read the rules? Racism is bannable.
I did, and know that, but I just figure hanging the dumb guy with his own noose is just desserts
What the fuck is this
This big dumb argument is exactly why I told you not to post this, yo. The fact that so many people instantly compare nooses to racism is exactly why this community can't handle anything vaguely offensive.
In all due respect, geneticists turn monkeys into humans, and said monkeys usually turn out colored. That being said you don't see bigoted geneticists running around comparing colored individuals to monkeys. What I am trying to get at is that hanging is only racist if you go out of your way to make it so.
Preid Wrote:In all due respect, geneticists turn monkeys into humans. That being said you don't see bigoted geneticists running around comparing humans to monkeys. What I am trying to get at is that hanging is only racist if you go out of your way to make it so.

I fixed your post. :geek:
Seriously? Nooses are not racist. Hell lynchings are not racist. A lynching is when a suspected criminal is killed by the public without a trial.Lynching and nooses have been used/done for hundreds of years before America even existed. Much less began the subjection of newly freed African Americans.

Also if someone wears a bed sheet and uses a noose to start hanging black people or even just roleplaying the KKK, they will be banned. This is why we play on this server, because we remove racist/fury/rapist/sexist/antisemitic shit heads and is why we could have a gas chamber without ever having a mob of people throwing the rabi in one.

This argument is dumb, and this idea is kinda dumb because it seems like it would be a lot to code for little gain.
MEOW POW Wrote:the whole hanging people thing encourages lynch squads

Well actually the statistics on lynchings show that in the old south just as many white people were hung as black people.
Quote:The door of the lighthouse was ajar. They pushed it open and walked into a shuttered twilight. Through an archway on the further side of the room they could see the bottom of the staircase that led up to the higher floors. Just under the crown of the arch dangled a pair of feet.
"Mr. Savage!"
Slowly, very slowly, like two unhurried compass needles, the feet turned towards the right; north, north-east, east, south-east, south, south-south-west; then paused, and, after a few seconds, turned as unhurriedly back towards the left. South-south-west, south, south-east, east. …

little known fact: aldous huxley was totes racist because he had a white guy hang himself

dem nooses man

dem nooses
herpmcderp Wrote:
MEOW POW Wrote:the whole hanging people thing encourages lynch squads

Well actually the statistics on lynchings show that in the old south just as many white people were hung as black people.
Source? I'm a history PhD student and my first advisor/academic boss wrote specifically on lynching, so I've done a bit of research on this and nothing I've read has ever said anything like that. Especially if you go by percentage, rather than total numbers. What is actually very interesting is that nobody ever talks about lynching of Mexicans, even though percentage-wise they rival and possibly surpass black victims (again, in terms of percentages).

Anyway, I don't really see any workable way to incorporate a noose into SS13, nor do I see a need for it, since choking is pretty damn effective already.
Again;

It is clear this community can't handle this radical idea. This discussion is retarded.
Holy hell, this thread is terrible.
Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g