Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Suggestions Thread! V2.0
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Please ban all fun because it is dangerous if that fun is remotely harmful in some way

Sulpheric acid and radium already are dangerous and destructive, and are incredibly easy to get.

It shouldn't take rocket science to be a bad person as traitor, if it were about making things less dangerous they would nerf fire extinguishers and plasma fires. Sometimes it's nice to have creative options, instead of just spawning things from PDA.
tone down the damage that floor slams do by a tiny bit maybe. i thought it was a kind of gimmicky joke thing you could use to get a funny red message and do 1-2 points of damage and was unpleasantly surprised when it actually put someone into crit.
Yeah thanks man
this just popped into my head, but when you destroy something like a medibot you end up with every constituent part on the ground where it broke. this seems kind of dumb because if you're in a hurry and don't have the time to really snatch one of the harder to acquire parts(like a robot arm) someone can come along and put it right back together. in addition, this works to let people smash apart hacked bots and put them back together to get functioning bots, kind of downplaying one of the best advantages of the e-mag.

long story short i think bots should have either a random or specific part lost in the process of destroying them. keep people from lasering your killbots and then turning around and using them to dispense tricord to the entire crew.
Spacemarine9 Wrote:byond me!

That was very very punny?
CaptainBravo Wrote:this just popped into my head, but when you destroy something like a medibot you end up with every constituent part on the ground where it broke. this seems kind of dumb because if you're in a hurry and don't have the time to really snatch one of the harder to acquire parts(like a robot arm) someone can come along and put it right back together. in addition, this works to let people smash apart hacked bots and put them back together to get functioning bots, kind of downplaying one of the best advantages of the e-mag.

long story short i think bots should have either a random or specific part lost in the process of destroying them. keep people from lasering your killbots and then turning around and using them to dispense tricord to the entire crew.
Don't they lose the Power Cell? That's kind of important.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:this just popped into my head, but when you destroy something like a medibot you end up with every constituent part on the ground where it broke. this seems kind of dumb because if you're in a hurry and don't have the time to really snatch one of the harder to acquire parts(like a robot arm) someone can come along and put it right back together. in addition, this works to let people smash apart hacked bots and put them back together to get functioning bots, kind of downplaying one of the best advantages of the e-mag.

Don't they lose the Power Cell? That's kind of important.

you don't need a powercell for basic robots. But that'd be a good thing if they did.
CaptainBravo Wrote:tone down the damage that floor slams do by a tiny bit maybe. i thought it was a kind of gimmicky joke thing you could use to get a funny red message and do 1-2 points of damage and was unpleasantly surprised when it actually put someone into crit.

looking into this, it has been discovered that from good health(80-100) you can basically be put into crit or very near it(close enough that a punch or two will end you) with floorslams alone(if a punch has KO'd you), even if you go into rest mode to lessen your downtime. also for some weird fucking reason it does burn damage. not the next chainthrow, but it seems pretty close.

thanks go to some nerd who should be bullied constantly for helping to test this.
yeah slam someone into the floor multiple times also does burn damage along with brute, so you'll be in a world of hurt fast.
How about:

traitor detective gun

- it's massive
- it has 12 shots before a reload
- it does the same damage as a normal revolver
- he can stand still and execute people who are on the floor, similar to the wizard's Ei Nath spell
- it's REALLY FUCKING OBVIOUS that it's not a normal revolver

John McClane fires the Robusto .45 at Jones the cat!

the detective really needs fun unique items
Weavel Wrote:How about:

traitor detective gun
[/size]

This has been mentioned so many times, and I really think there's a big appetite for it. Not only is there an appetite for it, if you go back a bit to the "Detective needs more stuff", you'll find somebody sprited a gun that's exactly as you described.
Essentially it should cost 7 telecrystals, with 12 shots and a reload box, but the execution doesn't cost any ammo, but takes time like you said, maybe 10-15 seconds.
Sundance Feely twirls the cylinder of the robusto .45 and smirks
Sundance Feely puts pressure on the hammer of the robusto .45, you hear a small click
Sundance Feely places the robusto .45 against Pubbies McShithead's temple
BLAMMO!
(instantly gibbing the player)
[Image: 44magnum.jpg]
Decided to be not lazy and post the picture.
Courtesy of Azunger.
Yeah that's pretty much the exact thread I was thinking of. I think the executions SHOULD cost a round, though.
And maybe not an instant gib; I think it should make them uncloneable via "Mental Interface Failure" seeing as their brain is no longer there.

Also: 7 TC for the gun with maybe one ammo reload, but also another 3 TC for a Silencer that removes the red report & makes the sound very muted.

There's also a semi-automatic pistol sprite in game as a virtual gun, so there could be two different guns available; maybe a stronger revolver, and a silenced semi-auto? I really like the name Robusto .45 btw
Code:
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Robusto .45, the most powerful handgun in space, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

^The detective HAS to say that if he monologues while holding it.

Also, yeah, it should be both a ludicrously powerful and loud revolver, and should have a slow execution that renders a body unclonable/unborgable by gibbing the brain. I'd say make it cost 7 for it and an ammo box, with 3 crystals for another one or two ammo boxes. Alternatively, you could do that silencer thing that makes it quiet and removes the red message. Or you could do both, and make people choose between stealth and rampage. I like the sound of that last one.
I just had yet another amazing idea!

Crate upgrades! Using metal, rods 'n' what not, you can upgrade a crate so that it becomes driveable! It'd be like a segway that you can't get out of, can't get thrown out of, and can carry other things in!
Imagine driving a crate-buggy - not only would be it a cool way to travel in style, but it could make being trapped in a crate far less boring!