Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money Spending Suggestions
step 1: add more variety of clothings and hats and masks that can come in costume crates. perhaps even rare hair dyes
step 2: have the traders at the market dock sell these costume crates. also paint crates
step 3: incredible paint and costume market stimulus!!!
Give Medbay, Security and Engineering a budget, then make the departmental vending machines (NanoMed, SecTec, Mechanics Components) for each department cost money to get stuff out of. Put the currently uncraftable Engineering Equipment (insulated gloves, fire suits, toolboxes, fire fighting/metal foam grenades and utility belts) into Engineering vending machines. If you have a departmental access on your ID, you can authorize payment out of the departmental budget. If you lack departmental access, you can pay out of pocket.

Allow the station to buy power off the grid using the Power Transmission Laser. Costs 150% of what you'd sell it for.

Allow people who have controlling shares in a company on the stock market call merchants from that company and have them show up at the merchant dock.

Let people buy Engine, Arc Smelter, APC and SMES repair kits.
Weapon vending machines, flashes, maybe pepper spray and cheaply made batons that have a chance to backfire etc

All for quite high prices.
I would love being able to buy pepper spray and having it act as a cheap flash (wouldn't work with head stuff like gasmasks).

It would be great if there was some sort of backfire, like spraying yourself in the eyes.
Fishanchips Wrote:I would love being able to buy pepper spray and having it act as a cheap flash (wouldn't work with head stuff like gasmasks).

It would be great if there was some sort of backfire, like spraying yourself in the eyes.
Have it create a small cloud in front of you, like that fart mutation only it's red capsicum
It'd be nice if we could buy ABC-U blue prints to stick in the things so we could rapidly make station expansions. For the ludicrously rich you should be able to build your own fully furnished space bungalow.
Just being able to buy more ABC-Us would be nice, too. I mean, who doesn't want a decaloafer?
Yes, needs more methods of spending money.
Potential items need to either look pretty, rare, superior, multi-functional or improve upon existing conventional items. Consider this when adding in new items.

Remove the "merchant has docked" announcement. There are two parking spaces for merchants, make that area FAR more busy than it is currently.
This would be the main source of "stuff to buy", while QM would serve as "stock" items and space merchants would be "specialty" items.
Have the random merchants only have a limited amount of items. limited items fluctuate depending on merchant and price.
And before people start saying: "some of these are overpowered"
They're not really.. items are limited by stock, price and if the trader has one.

Engineering
-RCD attachment. Decreases ammo cost use by -2.
-Omnitool. When clicked inhand, switches mode. Has screwdriver, wrench, crowbar, wirecutter modes. Can fit in toolbelt. Limited.
-ABC-U Blueprints. Various non-station and station rooms, different prices depending. Would be great for gimmicks
-Metal Foam Grenade+. Metal foam which by clicking the metal foam walls/floors with metal makes metal walls/floors. Good for fast construction. Possible nefarious uses.
-PTL attachments. Increases effeciency. Limited.
-Decorative items crate. Contains a bunch of items that can be used for spritzing up a room.
-Heavy duty fire extinguisher. Contains 4 times the amount of units of a normal fire-extinguisher.
-Heavy duty Welding tool. " " " " normal welding tool
-Hi-tec firesuit. Does not effect running speed and has partial (1/3 spacesuit) cold resistance. Can also be armored.
-Expeditioner Jetpack. Doubles as a toolbelt on your back.
-Temperature resistant jumpsuit. Comes in two varieties: Hot or Cold. Protects against 1/3 cold/heat damage.
-Meson Mask. Acts like mesons but doubles as a mask.
-Batteries. Prices depends on what charge and if they self recharge.
Security
-NT spacesuit. Does not effect running speed, has partial (1/3 normal armor) armor resistance.
-Small batteries. Can be swapped out with in tasers. Prices depend on what charge and if the self charge
-PureSecure™ implant. Gives access to sec radio with :s and does not require earphones, similar to a robotic implant. The crate is security locked!
-Grenades. Sold seperately. Comes in flashbang, shock and mustard gas variety.
-.38 ammo. Comes in all of the 3 varieties. HP the most expensive of the 3 of course.
-Slug ammo for the riot shotgun
-Door buster. Acts like a small sachel charge that is attached to doors. Will stun on eitherside of the door, and will bust the door open, opening it even it was emagged/welded shut. Limited.
-Adrenalin auto-injector. Injects chem "adrenalin" into system. Acts like a weaker but somewhat longer meth trip but without the addictions. Overdose however is >15u and will result in cardiac arrest. Take one sparingly!
-HoS PDA. Unscanned and comes with all the features.
-Semi-Brig ™. Can fit two prisoners in at a time. Limited.
-Securitrons.
-Tear Resistant jumpsuits. Offers mild protection against melee attacks and particularly bleeding attacks.
-Heavy duty boots. Reduces delimbing damage of legs down by 50%. Increases stamina loss from kicking marginally.
-Reinforced Gloves. Reduces delimbing damage of arms down by 50%. Increases stamina loss from punches marginally.
-SEC implant. The ones that injects omnizine that you find in the medical shuttle.
-ID concealer. Made for undercover work but could have other nefarious uses. Changes job title on your ID when slapped on, but only in appearence. Use inhand to removes.
-CLT. Covert listening tool. A bug essentially. Can be placed on bags or on a turf tile. Will broadcast 3x3 radius on the sec channel. (should be one available for the det at round start imo)
Medical and Research
-Heavy duty hypospray. Contains double the units
-Bloodbot. A medbot that has bloodpack in it. Has another mode of draining corpses of blood. Emagged it will drain living players of blood, and will continue to do so even if its internal resevoir is full
-Various alien arms and limbs. Need I say anymore.
-Synthflesh patches
-Omnizine
-Cloner upgrade
-Medical laser. Doubles as a scalpel and a saw, switch between modes inhand.
-Genetic data surplus. When added to the genetic research computer, adds x amount of chromosomes
-Portable Operative table. Folds up into a briefcase.
-Poison bottle. Limited to one if a trader has it. Random.
-Artifacts. Cheap but limitied.
-Production Beaker. 150-200u
-Tetrodotoxin. Most effective painkiller, not addictive. Essentially is a painkilling effects of a strong morphine, but has no side-effects other than a low overdose rate of 25u.
-Yobihodazine
-Pathology samples
-Various borg attachments.
-Buttbots. Because the space market.
-Defib attachment. Improves the Defib success rate and recharge rate.
-Teleporter upgrade. Increases power effeciency of teleporter.
-Buddy attachments
Civilian
-Bees
-Fanny packs
-Strange plants for botany
-UV lamps
-Strange x meat. "vicious space lion" meat.
-Cleaning grenade pack. For the lazy janitor who spent all his days on the slots.
-Random assorted nifty drinks
-Gold trinkets
-Cool hats/jumpsuits/shoes that make all the spacemen jealous
Sundance Wrote:-bunch of stuff-
-Adrenalin auto-injector. Injects chem "adrenalin" into system. Acts like a weaker but somewhat longer meth trip but without the addictions. Overdose however is >15u and will result in cardiac arrest. Take one sparingly!
-bunch of stuff-
The irony of a chem called adrenalin, which can put you into cardiac arrest, which you then use epinephrine to get you out of.

Also, the sec stuff should also include a high capacity small energy cell you can use to replace your taser cells.
Sundance Wrote:-lots of good words-

This man knows his stuff.
Yes to the auction house.

Also a Space version of Skymall, maybe accessible via pda.

I know someone suggested something like it before, but I really want to be able to order useless crap I don't need and then pester QM for my package like they're the mailman.
atomic1fire Wrote:Yes to the auction house.

Also a Space version of Skymall, maybe accessible via pda.

I know someone suggested something like it before, but I really want to be able to order useless crap I don't need and then pester QM for my package like they're the mailman.
Yeah, the galactic catalog. It's thread got canned since it would require a lot sprites for the ideas from it.
I'd like a suit slot wearable (tactical vest / bulky labcoat / smuggler's longcoat) that can hold as many items as a box - basically a suit-slot utility belt - and would be accessed in the same way. Something like this would make me consider using something instead of a space suit for my suit slot (nothing else has so far).
I'd enjoy an auction house, where it's sort of like the QM deals. You bid for an object, say 'An extremely rare and large insect'. If you win, you get that object/animal/whatever, with a big chance of it being a rip-off that's still semi worth it. So for example, with the rare and large insect, you could get a bigger version of the queen bee, or a massive queen-bee sized cockroach that you can ride.
DyssalC Wrote:The irony of a chem called adrenalin, which can put you into cardiac arrest, which you then use epinephrine to get you out of.

Also, the sec stuff should also include a high capacity small energy cell you can use to replace your taser cells.

Epinephrine and Adrenaline are literally the same thing.