Goonstation Forums
Money Spending Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Money Spending Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=4956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Money Spending Suggestions - Gannets - 06-14-2015

There's currently a lot of ways to accumulate vast wealth. Stocks, gambling, trading, the PTL and so on. But there aren't a lot of ways to spend your money.

Please suggest way you'd like to spend your money and/or expensive things you'd like to buy.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - UrsulaMejor - 06-14-2015

maybe increase the trader chances so there's almost always at least one in dock, and give them some some super cool things to buy, like owls, hats, golden tools, fancy booze, blueprints to machines you normally can't scan, rare trading cards, advanced medical supplies, etc.

I also think it might be cool if there were a "richest ever employee" board you could dump all your money into that persists between rounds

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Noah Buttes - 06-14-2015

UrsulaMejor Wrote:maybe increase the trader chances so there's almost always at least one in dock, and give them some some super cool things to buy, like owls, hats, golden tools, fancy booze, blueprints to machines you normally can't scan, rare trading cards, advanced medical supplies, etc.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Stryxic - 06-14-2015

I'd like to see more things available to the QM to be honest - Say upgraded versions of some things. An upgrade from the Plasma Research crate? A Plasma Canister. An upgrade to the Internals crate? A canister of Oxygen with jetpacks. Maybe the possibility to buy materials, stuff like Perfect Bohrium? As the QM office is right next to an arc smelter, it'd be nice to reliably have a way to get materials so that canny QMs could order materials then produce custom tailored armour for exorbitant amounts.

As well as this, maybe have a trader who comes along once in a while who has some of the more generally useful traitor items for stupid (500 K +) amounts? Stuff like the Traitor Device Analyser, Agent Cards, Stimulants, Floor Closet, and Mini Chemi compiler to name a few. Perhaps a weapons dealer who comes along to sell E Guns, Phasers, all that lot for the brave telescience adventurers/Vigilantes/etc.

Maybe a chemist trader as well, who can sell some of the harder to obtain chems? Someone with supplies of Pentetic Acid, Omnizine, Booster Enzymes, EMSG, suchlike. It could be a nice use of all our millions of credits.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Vitatroll - 06-14-2015

I don't think I've seen anybody make much money in stocks since they've been balanced, excepting the random spikes that occur here or there. The PTL, however, does make tons. If it's income becomes a problem it's progression could certainly be put to a curve (or a lower ceiling). I think income inequality needs to be looked at first. I say this as a guy who regularly makes tons of cash.

That being said.

The ideal thing right now would probably be some sort of event or item that serves no purpose game-side other than bragging rights. It would have to scale with money spent, instead of being a flat rate, and probably allow for further investment. I'm not really adding anything useful here, sorry. My mind just isn't in the mood for creativity.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - BaneOfGiygas - 06-14-2015

Add some more diversity to the novelty clothing crate, perhaps? QM needs more frivolous things to blow the station budget on, but the only frivolous thing they have available is comprised of essentially the same stuff every time. Expanding the availability pool and having the crate randomly choose from a few of them would be cool.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - FishDance - 06-14-2015

I have a couple of ideas, so here goes nothing.

For rich philanthropists, why not station upgrades? Stuff like faster cloners, a better mining magnet, QM orderable command teleporters, deployable furniture that can't otherwise be reproduces (Ie comfy chairs, couches, etc.), as well as stuff like the kitchen equipment that maybe you don't have the access to go scan. All of which come in the form of electrician deployable boxes and come with a soldering iron so that anyone can buy and deploy em.

For sports pod enthusiasts, a vendor or something that sells souped up pods. They would probably have pretty good components and otherwise unattainable paint jobs. For the buyer that can't be bothered to go and find all the good pod parts or who wants to have a cool looking pod, all sold at really high mark ups, of course.

For when the engine is torn down, destroyed or unstaffed, a laser input device, buying device. That way you can buy enough power to keep the station going when other methods are exhausted.

And lastly for fun the whole crew can get in on, some kind of auction house. Have a console in the market, or have the auction be accessible by ATMs. Have items on sale every 20 minutes or so. Items could range from something insubstantial like a golden wrench, to something cool like a voltron/batman costume. An announcement could be made when the auction begins over either the radio, intercom, or command alert thing, and then people could try to outbid one another. Starting bids would be relatively high.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - vampirate - 06-14-2015

Allow crew members to invest in station upgrades. Like 100k upgrades all the vending machines for special lines of products. 200k upgrades the cloner to half the time. 200k unlocks storage tanks in the chem dispensers so you can mix chems internally and so on.

This lets people invest in the station in a meaningful way that imrpoves things for everyone, gives incentives for people to actually use and spend money and the currency system, and provies a sink for money that takes it out of circulation while providing tangible benefits for people.

Fingers Crossed: 100k unlocks ultra cool air conditioning in toxins and toxins storage.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - vampirate - 06-14-2015

Oh son of a bitch. I'd let this sit here and someone popped it in better written in the interum. Anyhow. Seconding the station upgrades idea.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - babayetu83 - 06-14-2015

the station upgrade sounds like a decent moneysink

give the merchants wider inventories of more clothes/drugs/weapons/ammunition

and add coupons

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Frank_Stein - 06-14-2015

I like the idea of auctions. Let's the crew compete.

Which admin ran that merchant gimmick where they filled a shop with a buncha items, some more useful than others, and gave them vague and sometimes misleading names? There was a "blob kit" that was just a medkit made out of blob.

That was a

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Frank_Stein - 06-14-2015

Nice gimmick and would be a great model for an auction house

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Sex_Robot - 06-14-2015

There are two types of spending here. Spending budgets and spending wages I get the feeling Gannets is talking about the latter.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Noah Buttes - 06-14-2015

Love the auction house idea.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Sex_Robot - 06-14-2015

I also think an auction house would be cool assuming it allowed for somewhere to display the lot without some dingus running up and grabbing it.