Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A buff to CFL3 and thermite (and mabye other fire chems)
Mageziya Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:anima isn't that powerful

I'd like to counter that it is ridiculously powerful if used correctly.
Yeah, but it's so insanely difficult to make due to a special limitation that no one ever makes it.
It's not that difficult to make, honestly.
Roomba Wrote:I kind of agree about CLF3 being too powerful, to be honest. CLF3/thermite takes seconds to make, and if someone just runs around smoking it everywhere they can shred the station far quicker than any other method. I don't really think it needs a buff on top of that.

As for the suggestion it makes sense, but considering how often hellfire occurs I don't think nerfing the one object whose sole purpose is to put fires out would be helpful.

If someone runs around smoking those two they're probably going to die by the second.
vampirate Wrote:If someone runs around smoking those two they're probably going to die by the second.

Unless you use beaker bombs/have fire resistance/are in a pod/drag a closet around/are a borg/at least several dozen other mitigating measures I can't recall off the top of my head.

Heck, I've seen someone last an entire round smoking CLF3/thermite nonstop with just a fire suit, some burn meds and an extinguisher.
Roomba Wrote:
vampirate Wrote:If someone runs around smoking those two they're probably going to die by the second.

Unless you use beaker bombs/have fire resistance/are in a pod/drag a closet around/are a borg/at least several dozen other mitigating measures I can't recall off the top of my head.

Heck, I've seen someone last an entire round smoking CLF3/thermite nonstop with just a fire suit, some burn meds and an extinguisher.
And? If they were a traitor, did their prep, and not one person could stop them... then who cares? It's not like that damage is hard to repair. Floorbots will literally do it for you automatically and they are now made in robotics manufacturer Engineers doing their job will repair it. I don't see it get abused that much. I dislike the current idea that everything destructive or deadly should take thirty minutes to prepare. Cfl3 is easy to make by design, it is high risk, and draws a lot of attention.
I do not believe ClF3 and thermite need any buffs because of the nature of those chems:

As it was mentioned earlier, the effort needed to make them is virtually non-existent. Got an artifact beaker ? Even better, because now you can just spam the Fluorine and Chlorine buttons, stick that shit in a heater, and end up having enough liquid hellfire to last you for the rest of the round.

They are fine as is, honestly.

Noah Buttes Wrote:It's not that difficult to make, honestly.

True, anima has very few, easily obtained chems but the process of turning them into anima is so convoluted and excentric that it just puts people off.

I can count on one hand how many times I've seen anima actually used in a station with more than 12 people online.
(I personally consider this a good thing)

You can accomplish the same level of destruction by just spamming phlogiston everywhere, which is much easier to make.
Winklabom Wrote:You can accomplish the same level of destruction by just spamming phlogiston everywhere, which is much easier to make.
But where's the style, man?