Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A buff to CFL3 and thermite (and mabye other fire chems)
If you are on fire because of CLF3 or thermite, using a fire extinguisher should not help you at all. In the case of CLF3 specifically, in fact, quite the contrary, since it's supposed to react explosively with firefighting foam.

Saw a guy earlier using a CLF3 flamethrower on the blob and just using a fire extinguisher to immediately remove the fire from his body when he set himself on fire.
Actually agree with the part about cfl3 supposed to react explosively to fire killing foam.
Even if it's how they'd work in real life, a competent chemist can take down the station singlehandedly. Please no buffs for chems.
The Worst Wrote:Even if it's how they'd work in real life, a competent chemist can take down the station singlehandedly. Please no buffs for chems.

This. Chemistry already has alot of "instant win" in a beaker and Space Station has never been realistic anyhow. If anything chem could use some nerfing. It's pretty much the only thing in space station right now that I think needs some nerfing
I don't really care for the idea either way, but maybe as a sort of balence ADP could be added.

AFAIK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_ ... _phosphate doesn't have a reaction to Clf3 that I'm aware of (However I'm not a chemist so I could be wrong)

ADP is also used in modern fire extinguishers and could be made by introducing phosphoric acid into the game, and then letting scientists mix phosphoric acid with ammonia.

I suppose the devs could be lazy and make reagent mixing as simple as phosphor + ammonia = adp. Replace all the fire extinguisher foam with ADP, and leave the old foam for a funny explosion catalyst which behaves mostly the same except for with clf3.
Really, what rubs me the wrong way about chemistry's power isn't even really the power itself, it's that the hellchems and really dangerous shit are just so ridiculously simple to make, and the chemicals that aren't ridiculously simple to make don't even usually end up matching up. For christ's sake, CLF3 is literally just: put in two base ingredients, heat, run away so you don't get lit on fire, and now you have one of the most flammable things to ever exist. Large amounts of neurotoxin can also be made in the span of about thirty seconds, and it's among the most debilitating and overall deadly poisons in the entire game.

Sarin isn't that powerful, anima isn't that powerful, a case could even be made for initropidril not being that powerful, and even then, you can make hundreds of CLF3 units in the time that it takes to make your first initro reaction. It kind of saps the motivation of trying to figure the damn things out and experimenting with complex chemical reactions when you know that the cool thing you just made almost definitely isn't as good as killing people as the thing you can make in a fraction of the time.
I kind of agree about CLF3 being too powerful, to be honest. CLF3/thermite takes seconds to make, and if someone just runs around smoking it everywhere they can shred the station far quicker than any other method. I don't really think it needs a buff on top of that.

As for the suggestion it makes sense, but considering how often hellfire occurs I don't think nerfing the one object whose sole purpose is to put fires out would be helpful.
I said buff in the title, but really what I want is for people to not be able to spray CFL3 around with impunity and be able to instantly put themselves out.
No, dear lord no. right now CLF3 and thermite reactions seem to be the new Radium splashes as the go-to easy and insanely deadly chem mix to wreck the station with. if anything CLF3 needs a nerf to not melt holes in the station. it is too effective in comparison to actual creative chem combos or secret chems.
I think they nerfed CFL3 already? I was trying to do a rebuilding gimmick without an RCD and splashed a beaker of CFL3/Thermite/Phlogiston onto a floor tile. It turned into a 3x3ish fireball that ignited me and didnt touch the floor.
The only thing i know for sure got changed with C3LF is that its far more dangerous to ingest.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:anima isn't that powerful

I'd like to counter that it is ridiculously powerful if used correctly.
I could see why it would get nerfed, but I'd really miss the utilitarian abilities. If the station shredding qualities got nerfed, I'd hope that we could keep the single tile venting. People are real protective of RCDs these days.

and yeah, anima is scary in the right (or wrong) hands.
Is it anima or strange reagent that can bring critters back to life? I once saw a traitor fill a locker full of dead fermids, then smoke it with something that reanimated them all at once at escape.
Noah Buttes Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:anima isn't that powerful

I'd like to counter that it is ridiculously powerful if used correctly.
Yeah, but it's so insanely difficult to make due to a special limitation that no one ever makes it.