Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable Cryo
Other than the guy who posted this being an assclown, Cryos serve as a very nice way to heal somebody up when either A. Medbay has been looted and you need to get him healed up as a non-medic or B. you have a lot of people who need healing and you want to be able to eliminate two people at a time while handling the others by hand.
Winged_Chiller Wrote:Not dumb things
Cryo is ecxellent for its traitor-use potential. It needs to be utilized more.
If you've got medical access and a beaker you can make 100 units of tricord by simply mixing the contents of an inaprovaline bottle and a dyvolene bottle. Neither of which people take because 1) they need medbay access to use the vending machines and 2) both of these chemicals are mostly useless. Even if Chemistry is outright contributing to the number of wounded I see with superheated radium or something, I have never, ever evem come close to running out of chemicals. Any doctor can make hundreds upon hundreds of units of tricord trivially.

Cryo is useful if you have a lot of wounded because it's set it and forget it, but it is nowhere near so useful that we need another awkward portable installation.
Solution: An ambulance.
Nil- Wrote:Solution: An ambulance.

You mean add a machine that Assistants are going to hijack five minutes in, as long as all of the Doctors don't use it for a joyride?
Nil- Wrote:Solution: An ambulance.

That's pretty much the Port-a-Medbay.
Remove port-a-medbay
Add an ambulance pod
epicdwarf Wrote:Remove port-a-medbay
Add an ambulance pod
That is drivable
Why won't it be drivable?
Use the bloody port-a-medbay.
Anticheese Wrote:Use the bloody port-a-medbay.
Yes, but this would be more fun.
emagged cryos should damage anyone in it as fast as they heal normally. I mean, it's not like anyone uses cryo, so it's not overpowered!
If you leave them hot they will boil people.
enforcer9 Wrote:emagged cryos should damage anyone in it as fast as they heal normally. I mean, it's not like anyone uses cryo, so it's not overpowered!

Why emag? There are much better ways to murder people with a cryo tube already. Think about it.
Also what's with the comment "it's not like anyone uses cryo?" Lots of people do.
Cogwerks Wrote:
enforcer9 Wrote:emagged cryos should damage anyone in it as fast as they heal normally. I mean, it's not like anyone uses cryo, so it's not overpowered!

Why emag? There are much better ways to murder people with a cryo tube already. Think about it.
Also what's with the comment "it's not like anyone uses cryo?" Lots of people do.
Liar, The only time anyone ever uses cryo nowadays is if all the sleepers are full.

Also there's always more room for ways to painfully murder people!