Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable Cryo
Cryo is shitty and takes forever and doesn't move. You can apply a chem patch and do CPR and it's quicker and more mobile than cryo. Cryo has really no point right now so it needs to be better.

Turn the cryo chambers into wheelable, portable things. Their big wrenched air-canister supply is replaced by those handheld back-mounted air canisters that nobody uses because the emergency ones fit on your belt. Cryo would be ten times as useful if you could carry it around. You could also add the cryo functions to the Port-a-Medbay to save time.
Put Cyroxadone and Cryostylane in a beaker and inject people with that... It works but will probably make you more enemies than friends when trying to be a medic. Just carry around a health analyzer, tricord, and kelotane and you can fix literally anything.
It'd be even more useful if we went back to the bruise kit/ointment thing. Yeah the patches are easier and more future-esque, but they make all other healing drugs obsolete other than for chemistry. At the very least make only the vendo-trons vend like 5 of them and then from then on you have to make them. It'd actually make those blank patches useful.

I really like the idea behind cryostasis used for healing purposes but as it is you are considered dumb if you don't just use a healing patch on them and shake them up
kyle2143 Wrote:Put Cyroxadone and Cryostylane in a beaker and inject people with that... It works but will probably make you more enemies than friends when trying to be a medic. Just carry around a health analyzer, tricord, and kelotane and you can fix literally anything.

Thanks for this completely irrelevant post.
Thanks for this completely unnecessary suggestion thread then.
unnecessary or not he's kind of right about cryo taking longer than just CPRing someone up while applying meds to them. i'm not sure first response treatment should be more effective than a big sciency vat that's tailor made to heal things. but it still has a place when all of the medicine is gone, though, so it's not completely useless.
Cryo is useless imo, I have never used it as a Doctor, just different meds, patches, and the sleeper.
Yeah honestly I've never used cryo ever. I know how it works, I can set it up fine, but it is 100% easier to use the meds.
Irrelevant? I told you this because that is the same exact thing as a portable Cryo. Sorry if it's not fancy enough for you.
I use the Cryo all the time. It's great for helping people and preserving the scant meds in there. You just make sure they have no oxygen deprivation, set it and forget it, then shake them up when they're out.

I don't know why more people don't use it.
Maybe, we should be able to turn people into giant ice cubes and preserve dead bodies with cyro?
I use cryo to hide in

the scrubs never know where I went
Cogwerks Wrote:Thanks for this completely unnecessary suggestion thread then.

Thanks for this dumb opinion which will be rallied behind by a horde of goon-asskisser lemmings.
kringlekrotte Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:
kringlekrotte Wrote:Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
YOU'RE WELCOME ALREADY
This suggestion is lame because if doctors are doing their job it should be running out of chemicals really quickly (I mean seriously, half of you bastards die within 20 minutes) and if chemists are doing their job they should be too busy making bathsalts to care. It is because of this that cryo is good because instead of wasting your innaprovaline and patches, which frankly should be saved for emergency call outs,you can just chuck them in the cryo tube when they're at -50 health and they'll pop out when they're all done. It's quick, relatively speaking, easy and it allows you to spend more time looking for injured people.

TL;DR Be a better doctor.