Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GENETICS
I mean take that effort post some other guy made and allow pathology to create plant mutations using bacteria too. obviously they would have to work super different from human genetics. Like Hulk causing plants to just be more potent or stronger against weeds or something.
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:Given the complaints in the other thread, it seems like the best solution would be to have the unlocking of superpowers somehow tied in with interacting with the crew. How these two should be associated is still up to debate, but, this seems to be at the root of what people complain about.
My idea for this is:
A] Replace cloning with a Brain Transfer Device,
B] Make it Genetic's job to produce brainless human clone bodies to transfer the brains of dead crewmen into, and
C] Let Genetics give those brainless clones whatever combination of researched and activated mutations Genetics has access to.

You get cloned? Well, if Genetics is doing its job you're now a swedish mutant with laser eye beams. If Genetics is missing/dead/bad, you get to be a monkey.
Grek Wrote:My idea for this is:
A] Replace cloning with a Brain Transfer Device,
B] Make it Genetic's job to produce brainless human clone bodies to transfer the brains of dead crewmen into, and
C] Let Genetics give those brainless clones whatever combination of researched and activated mutations Genetics has access to.

You get cloned? Well, if Genetics is doing its job you're now a swedish mutant with laser eye beams. If Genetics is missing/dead/bad, you get to be a monkey.
Support.
Grek Wrote:My idea for this is: cool

Custom making bodies for people sound like it would be super rad for everyone involved.
genetics stuff goes here now don't make any more threads for it or i'll stab you
ISaidNo Wrote:genetics stuff goes here now don't make any more threads for it or i'll stab you

you love stabbing people
Feedback on the recent changes wanted.
ISaidNo Wrote:Feedback on the recent changes wanted.

I love them. Although not being able to inject stabilized mutations is a Big Bummer
I've gotten to mess with activators and loved them. Haven't tried to new thing yet where you use them to get chromosomes, but I like the description.

It really solves the problem of genetics not having a reason to interact with the crew.
Noah Buttes Wrote:
ISaidNo Wrote:Feedback on the recent changes wanted.

I love them. Although not being able to inject stabilized mutations is a Big Bummer
Oh right yeah, that's a bug. Injectors should be working but adding them through the console isn't. I'll take another look at it now.
could you reduce the frequency of getting an auto unlock from reclaiming activators and increase the chance to get chromosomes? I usually end a round with over 15 auto unlocks that I only use maybe 4 of over the round and I struggle to find chromosomes.
It's currently an exact three way split between materials, chromosomes and unlockers. I'll finangle something out.
Can we get the ability to inject chromosomes into the potential genes of someone in the scanner?

(If this already exists, please ignore me)
this is a really dumb idea but can we use chromosomes to cause the computer to automatically make a gene stable AKA find hulk in a monkey and i use a chromosome to stablize the mutation instead of upgrading it (you can do that later) .

This means any source of Hulk can be injected from an injector (the mutation name would be stable hulk injector) and not mess your stability, So if i found hulk on another monkey i can still make an injector that is stable for me to use
I don't think there should be any mechanism that lets you bypass stability.