Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the pay wall on cloning
All of these ideas are awful. Why would you want to make it harder to get cloned? We just had this big thing where everyone was complaining about not getting cloned enough due to geneticists being lazy bums. Adding a paywall or random degeneration or limited clonings is the opposite of the direction genetics should be headed.
Grek Wrote:All of these ideas are awful. Why would you want to make it harder to get cloned? We just had this big thing where everyone was complaining about not getting cloned enough due to geneticists being lazy bums. Adding a paywall or random degeneration or limited clonings is the opposite of the direction genetics should be headed.
Eng Left
I support giving money an actual use. HoPs used to loot people's bank accounts all the time, except it wasn't worth the considerable time it took because usually no one even noticed.
I'd like to note that the geneticist issue has been solved considering the cloner is accessible to any doctor.

This fact has been brought to you by the neutral hitler.
I think it'd be a good idea if the cloner requiring money was something that the genetsists/md had to set up at the genetics console, with half the proceeds going to the research budget. anyone with genetics access would be able to waive the fee when using the genetics console if they felt like it/ the guy they're cloning is poor.
I could get behind that. As geneticist, I've always wanted to charge cloning fees. But you can't really do that while they're dead, and once they're cloned how are you supposed to charge them? Letting geneticists set a fee taken out of the clonee's account and put into the research budget on cloning would be a fine idea.
Grek Wrote:I could get behind that. As geneticist, I've always wanted to charge cloning fees. But you can't really do that while they're dead, and once they're cloned how are you supposed to charge them? Letting geneticists set a fee taken out of the clonee's account and put into the research budget on cloning would be a fine idea.
There's a payment device in genetics. Using it, you can transfer funds from the dead person's ID to yours without needing their PIN.
Paineframe Wrote:
Grek Wrote:I could get behind that. As geneticist, I've always wanted to charge cloning fees. But you can't really do that while they're dead, and once they're cloned how are you supposed to charge them? Letting geneticists set a fee taken out of the clonee's account and put into the research budget on cloning would be a fine idea.
There's a payment device in genetics. Using it, you can transfer funds from the dead person's ID to yours without needing their PIN.

Tie in this idea with

hipBEE Wrote:I think it'd be a good idea if the cloner requiring money was something that the genetsists/md had to set up at the genetics console, with half the proceeds going to the research budget. anyone with genetics access would be able to waive the fee when using the genetics console if they felt like it/ the guy they're cloning is poor.

Let the payment device be synced in with the research budget. That would actually make geneticists want to clone if they know they can get money to their research for doing so. Make it a max of 1000 they can fleece off a player per ID.
IMO the cloning paywall is a good thing and is a reason to actually try to make money. If you can't get cloned you can always come back as a borg.
Although I'm not a big fan of the pay wall I do enjoy the idea of having to earn money as a borg to be cloned.
Borgs don't have bank accounts, though.

There's an idea: Give borgs and the AI a bank account.
make cloning cost money, but also add frankensteining

add a machine that revives corpses by shooting electricity through them

But have it so when you die, depending on how you died, various parts of your body are no longer viable(after all, if they still worked, you wouldn't be dead). So in order to bring someone back to life you can either pay a reasonable fee to have the cloner spit out a shiny new body for them or you can cut out all their non-functional organs and limbs and mix and match new ones into them and then try and shock them back to life. You can either pay to have a problem-free new body or you can have the medics hack something together, hit it with lightning, and hope for the best. Oh, and of course the more foreign organs you have in your body, the more nasty effects they'll start causing, and the more often you die, the more bits you'll need replaced. And the doctors are lazy and cheap, too, and they may end up ignoring such nuances of organ donation as "freshness" and "species". So you can get revived on the cheap and then start suffering heart palpitations and use a scanner on yourself to see that that asshole doctor just used a monkey heart, or start coughing up bits of your lungs because the corpse they grabbed them from had been left out in front of robotics for half an hour.