Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Nuke (It'll be around forever, eh eh eh)
Sergeant_Crunch Wrote:That change where the round doesn't end after nuke ops section is over really needs to go. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea honestly. After the nuke is destroyed the round's momentum pretty much grinds to a halt, the station is probably fucked to hell, any antags that do spawn in wont have any decent prep time to do anything fun, and to top it off, even if you do call the shuttle so the round ends at a reasonable time, it auto-recalls and you have to wait 10 more minutes for the round that is already over to actually end.
That, and new antagonists have to deal with whoever was going to vigilante (Because they did against the Syndicates) being armed to the teeth with syndicate weapons and gear.
Sergeant_Crunch Wrote:That change where the round doesn't end after nuke ops section is over really needs to go. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea honestly. After the nuke is destroyed the round's momentum pretty much grinds to a halt, the station is probably fucked to hell, any antags that do spawn in wont have any decent prep time to do anything fun, and to top it off, even if you do call the shuttle so the round ends at a reasonable time, it auto-recalls and you have to wait 10 more minutes for the round that is already over to actually end.
Agreed. Syndicate rounds were always nice breaks from the usual long, involved rounds. You could just ditch your work and throw yourself into the fray.

It's also kinda disappointing to come to a station that has already had half its staff killed and blown up as a late join traitor.
I have to agree. One of the common complaints I've seen is that it's rarely worth organizing a solid resistance against a well-entrenched nuke team as opposed to just tabbing out and waiting a few minutes for the next round, and I don't think replacing a solid 'YOU WIN' screen with a long slog of a wait is alleviating this issue.
A fun nuke ops thing I've seen on other servers is that nuke ups shuttle has an almost-finished teleporter (just needs teleporter console board), and a surgery table.

One tactic they've used quite effectively is sacrificing one nuke op, buying a cyborg shell and a teleporter board, making one into a cyborg. They either have a disguised nuke ops or cyborg sneak around and scout around for the disk. (if its in the captain's quarters, it makes it super easy and quick, otherwise they find a teleporter beacon and situate it)

They appear in the bridge or wherever is closest to the disk with the nuke and take out anyone they see, clear the area, breach the captain's quarters and take the disk. Set up the nuke, emag their way to the teleporter and leave as a squad.
Midaychi Wrote:A fun nuke ops thing I've seen on other servers is that nuke ups shuttle has an almost-finished teleporter (just needs teleporter console board), and a surgery table.

One tactic they've used quite effectively is sacrificing one nuke op, buying a cyborg shell and a teleporter board, making one into a cyborg. They either have a disguised nuke ops or cyborg sneak around and scout around for the disk. (if its in the captain's quarters, it makes it super easy and quick, otherwise they find a teleporter beacon and situate it)

They appear in the bridge or wherever is closest to the disk with the nuke and take out anyone they see, clear the area, breach the captain's quarters and take the disk. Set up the nuke, emag their way to the teleporter and leave as a squad.
Our Nuke Ops shuttle has a crate full of cyborg parts, a box of tools, and a surgery table. This is already a thing.
i always assumed those borg parts were just for limb replacement

so the microbomb wouldnt go off if the nuke team tried to borg one of their own on lljk? oh i guess youd cut the implant out first. maybe ill try this borg trick next time i get nuke op. having a syndieborg scout ahead sounds quite valuable. by god, and think of them encasing the bomb room with rcd walls using construction module! unstoppable!
misto Wrote:i always assumed those borg parts were just for limb replacement

so the microbomb wouldnt go off if the nuke team tried to borg one of their own on lljk? oh i guess youd cut the implant out first. maybe ill try this borg trick next time i get nuke op. having a syndieborg scout ahead sounds quite valuable. by god, and think of them encasing the bomb room with rcd walls using construction module! unstoppable!
What happens when you try to remove a micro/macrobomb implant: BOOM.
misto Wrote:i always assumed those borg parts were just for limb replacement

Have them commit suicide first just to be sure, since microbombs tend to not go off in that case.
Honestly it's been said before, but the timer needs to be adjusted to 7 minutes, the un-anchored time to 1:30 - 2 minutes.

I also think the destruction of the nuke needs to go, due to the fact people are now suicide bombing the nuke with tank transfer valves, which is a very effective method of dealing with the nuke ops, as it not only wipes out the nuke ops, but the nuke in one foul swoop. It's fairly shit. But it's this behavior is not frowned upon because operatives already have a massive upperhand, so it's akin to fighting fire with fire.

Hiding the nuke in bushes is a fairly shit tactic, not because "oh no I can't see where the nuke is" because it's fairly obvious if an operative has hidden in the bushes, but because the sprite is really hard to press.

And finally I honestly think the nuke disk needs to come back into play. There needs to be some sort of incentive for the operatives to strike beforehand and regroup. The best operatives i've seen are the ones who "soften" the station by blasting them to ever living hell and back and then planting the nuke among the chaos. The nuke disk should be used to drop the timer down by 2-3 minutes, give or take, or if handled by a crewmember, increase the timer by 1 minute or by 30 seconds if it's un-anchored.
thats a really nice idea for bringing the disk back into play. it could tip the balance, but its not the sole deciding factor
Ok so you know what's been happening almost in all the syndie rounds I've been in the past two weeks? First off let me say that syndie rounds have become way too common. Anyways syndies lose the nuke and then they rampage. Normally I am cool with rampages but this is how EVERY nuke round has been going for me for the past two weeks and it has killed this new nuke mode for me. Find away to have both the old version and the new version just so we can have some fucking variety for a change. Also making it so syndie rounds don't end after all the syndies are dead is dumb.
Also nuke rounds used to be about getting in and out fast and now it just seems like a "kill everyone mode". Maybe I just feel this way now cause syndie rounds seem to happen all the time now

This is coming from someone who fucking loves a good rampage
- syndie rounds should end the moment a victory condition is made, no shuttle call needed
- pinpointer should let syndies find the nuke
Yeah i've observed a score of rounds in which either someone literally snatches the nuke in a pod as the syndicates are smashing their way in, to dorks suicide bombing the nuke since that's apparently a thing that's allowed now confused Syndicates should get 2 nukes, the first one on the normal timer of 5 mins. and the second one on a timer of 10 mins or something i dunno.
Nubcake Wrote:dorks suicide bombing the nuke since that's apparently a thing that's allowed now confused

As far as I was aware, this was just as not allowed as suicide bombing wizards or changelings and busting up big parts of the station, or bombing the damn clown car for a "counter" to it.