Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Nuke (It'll be around forever, eh eh eh)
Okay so this is for feedback about the new nuclear emergency mode. Input welcome.
I personally love the new Nuke mode, as it actually promotes teamwork and careful planning. It's a bit tragic that stealth is essentially dead, even if it's hypothetically useful. It's also much shorter than original nuke mode, but that's not really a problem to me.

I will say this though: The old nuke mode was difficult for syndies to win, while this new nuke mode seems to be difficult for the crew to win. Once the bomb is placed and armed, there doesn't seem to be much hope for the crew. The motion sensor thing shortening nuke life to one minute really seems to fuck with the crew. The only choice at the point is the space it through the artlab mass driver, though I have no idea if the bomb can be directly disarmed.

I'm also hoping that more locations to place the bomb are added later one. Just placing it in research could get real repetitive and formulaic real fast.

Also, minor question/suggestion: Do the pinpointers now point to the nuke? If not, they should.
The loss of the nuke disk kinda saddens me, because being able to grab the pinpointer in the Captain's bedroom (or Listening Post) usually means you have the Captain-Finder 4000.

My Captain's Butler gimmick is now weakened since I can't just automatically wander into wherever he's hiding constantly and go, "Need something, sir?"
I've had a lot of fun watching players in Nu Nuke. Seeing the nuke team plan a breach in to the area, clear it out, fortify their positions and try to repel the crew as they flood in.

It does feel a little stacked in the operative's favour so far. But maybe the crew just need some time to adjust.
The only game I've seen had a nuke team who didn't communicate well and lost the round.

Also one of them somehow shot Von Braun and the monkey took his gun and shot him.

I can't say it seems that different, those that play better will win.
Conor12 Wrote:Also one of them somehow shot Von Braun and the monkey took his gun and shot him.

God bless monkey AI.
69andahalf Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:Also one of them somehow shot Von Braun and the monkey took his gun and shot him.

God bless monkey AI.

I want to see an operative give Von Braun a loaded RPG and take him along to help defend the nuke.

Can't possibly go wrong.
A few small changes just pushed:
Examining the nuke now tells you it's movability status, current health, and how long the timer has left if it is armed.
The nuke will no longer detonate repeatedly once the timer runs out.
I suggest putting the Nuclear Bomb on the observe list the way the disk used to be. It's helpful for keeping track of the fight.
Since the disk has been eradicated the nuke ought to be observable for all the ghosties floating about. Boo
So, is the nuclear bomb destroyable? What happens if it is destroyed, and why wouldn't the crew just bomb the nuke?
I'd say let the captain keep the nuke disk for shits and giggles.

That way they can still feel important.
How about we make it so the Nuke disk causes the count-down to lowers the countdown by half, like the syndicate managed to over-ride the nuke's safety thing but it takes longer but with the nuclear codes on the disk it's faster
Alternate idea: the nuclear authentication disk lets you disarm the nuke easier.
Grek Wrote:Alternate idea: the nuclear authentication disk lets you disarm the nuke easier.

This is a good idea.