Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
have peoples names on PDAs be listed alphabetically
Can it also include the persons job that they started with ?

I could have sworn this used to be how it was displayed but maybe I'm thinking of another server.
If this was implemented I would have been saved from death like five hundred times (i always have the luck of messaging braindead players about a ling murdering me) so yes please this would be EXTREMELY helpful.
(08-02-2016, 09:16 AM)Sundance Wrote: Isn't there some sort of byond coding funky reason as to why EVERY list isn't alphabetical? I remember this being explained to me once, although that memory is but a fart in the wind.

TBH if every list is put in alphabetical it would solve a lot of headaches, but like I said I think there's some specific reason as to why it can't be nice and orderly.

Failing that, a search function which has that list pop-up in which clicking a letter on your keyboard will bring you to that name for every listed thing (sec records, pdas, medical, etc) just like the observe function as a ghost would be the next best thing.

Couldn't you just do the alphabetizing in html/javascript.

I mean I'm not a robust coder or anything but I assume you could just implement the sorting logic on the client side via jquery, which goonstation already uses.

If it's just changing stuff on the UI, it makes perfect sense that you could alter that UI on the client side.

http://cdn.ihwy.net/ihwy-com/labs/demos/...stnav.html

https://jsfiddle.net/gabrieleromanato/eJf55/

Neither are mine, but just examples to show what I mean.

edit: I actually did look at the PDA code, and it looks like it generates a new list entry whenever it adds a new person. The question is would adding javascript before or after the list is added would even work.
new year new bump
How has this not been added?
It's been brought up in other PDA improvement threads, but here's a few other things that could help other than just alphabetizing

1. Sorting them by department headers (Which also work for messaging the whole department)
2. Having a way to create a favorite contacts list