Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology: Quality of Life Improvements
I haven't gone into the same depth as some y'all have but I will say this:

1) It suffers from the same problem as artifact research: Content. Just not enough content.

2) The UI and entire set-up is a total turn off. I get what's trying to be done: pathology can totally fuck up a crew, so lets hide it behind all this nerd stuff that the average player wont understand, so it became the new DWAINE. Proof is in the pudding: Few people play with it.
Sundance Wrote:I haven't gone into the same depth as some y'all have but I will say this:

1) It suffers from the same problem as artifact research: Content. Just not enough content.

2) The UI and entire set-up is a total turn off. I get what's trying to be done: pathology can totally fuck up a crew, so lets hide it behind all this nerd stuff that the average player wont understand, so it became the new DWAINE. Proof is in the pudding: Few people play with it.

Regarding 1, Pathology actually has quite a few creative ways of fucking people up, but yeah it is extremely lacking in the not-fucking-people-up department. I'm not just talking about beneficial effects, but also funny/gimmicky things that non-traitors and traitors alike can mess around with.

I'm fine with 2 really. All the "nerd" stuff are actually pretty easy to understand for the "average" player, it's just that most people don't bother spending a bit of time (and it really doesn't take long) to figure it out. And if you don't want to put a bit of effort into it then you can't complain you don't get to play with the toys. That said, I think Pathology has a few things that serve no purpose other than to make things require more clicks to do.
Streamline the interface, but keep the nerdery.
The DNA tester should keep a record of what's already been tested so I don't waste time while looking for new symptoms.
another suggestion:

add hotkeys for the mechanical droppers