Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites
Couldn't you fix the NT logo by just selecting a rectangle and flipping it?
Cruisers with fixed logos.

Attached Files
.dmi   NTcruisers.dmi (Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 256)
Thank you!
holy shit, nice. ive been waiting for cruisers for god knows how long, they seem sick as fuck
Holy shit those are cool, good work.
(04-11-2017, 03:56 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Problems with my cruiser sprites:
-Perspective is broken with them. The original syndicate one at least had some perspective to it.
-Shading, lighting, and texturing just all feel off to me, no matter what I tried to do with it. It feels like FTL's flat style more than SS13's more modern shaded style. The engine's were stolen from a sprite by Gannets, and you can see the contrast in shading and coloring styles.

Looks great, the only flat looking parts are the nacelles. Other than that maybe move the cockpit window down, and/or extend the weld lines to separate it.
Cruiser stuff aside, ZeWaka requested some frag grenades.
[Image: a05d5b92bdf6575ac1dc5af4bf147746.png]

Comes in two flavors: Classical military grenade and a more sleek variant fit for a space station.

Attached Files
.dmi   fragGrenades.dmi (Size: 521 bytes / Downloads: 258)
(04-12-2017, 01:28 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Cruiser stuff aside, ZeWaka requested some frag grenades.

Comes in two flavors: Classical military grenade and a more sleek variant fit for a space station.

Nice. Classic style suits nuke ops with their outdated military tech.
The cruiser spriting spree got me inspired to make another cruiser. This time, a Martian cruiser!

[Image: 33N0MJO.png]

Absolutely disgusting! I know, it's not a flying saucer, like you'd think that Martians would have. It's just, after making the cruisers, a thought crossed my mind of making cruiser in style of the martian artifacts, basically like a gigantic, gross, flying tumor dragging tentacles behind it. It's gross and absolutely perfect for cruiser combat.

The craft in general is based off of tumors, intestines, diverticula of the intestines, and blebs.

Another thing that motivated me to make this sprite was how the 10% implemented Martian mode effectively called for the use of a cruiser-like ship long before the concrete cruiser idea was made. That said, I know Sundance made a sprite for a Martian craft, so I personally hope that I'm not stepping on any toes with this sprite.

If I was insane enough, I would have tried animating the flagellum moving behind the craft. If I was irredeemably mad, cloud-kookoolander resident, I would have tried doing that will also making parts of the craft pulse. However, I don't want to spend the next 20 hours of my free time doing that, and the craft looks fine enough without movement.

There might be some problems with the back end of the sprite not quite filling everything in, but it tried to mostly avoid this being a problem.

DMI for this nightmare should be attached.

Attached Files
.dmi   MartianCruiser.dmi (Size: 18.33 KB / Downloads: 244)
Holy shit that is just absolutely terrifying.

Also, I think I prefer the NT blue cruiser, at least as a default 'oh shit, Nanotrasen to the rescue' color.
(04-13-2017, 10:46 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Also, I think I prefer the NT blue cruiser, at least as a default 'oh shit, Nanotrasen to the rescue' color.

I assume the green version is a "classic NT" style, like the captain's armor.
clearly Captain should be able to call in/request the cruiser with his pda or a terminal? have it dock at a selected area
(04-12-2017, 01:28 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Cruiser stuff aside, ZeWaka requested some frag grenades.

Small note: that little handle pops off as well well you pull the pin
(04-14-2017, 07:06 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:

Small note: that little handle pops off as well well you pull the pin

Whoops
Alright, after some better research in how the hell grenades work, the sprites have been fixed!
[Image: 62a1840cc69c1d0957b28fb42729d5fe.png]

Also slightly color corrected the band on the sleek grenade to better match the shade of desert-tan that I was going for initially.

And finally:
(04-14-2017, 07:31 AM)Grifflez Wrote:
  1. Stinger Grenades do not have a small chance to be replaced with a bee grenade, which is basically the same thing but the sprite is a yellow and black pattern grenade instead of the urine-color and grey metal it is normally.

So, why not?

[Image: 38855371e19379f40dc3e6c8a0f3ae71.png]

The bee grenade doesn't have a proper ring for the pin in it's sprite because the extreme contrast between the yellow and black makes it difficult to make a pin that doesn't look like utter garbage. That said, the revelation of the handles still permits for a visible state difference between the two.

Everything is included in the corrected DMI.

Attached Files
.dmi   fragGrenades.dmi (Size: 673 bytes / Downloads: 207)