Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tone down the hyper-aggressive monkey ai
I think trainable animals is cool, but most intelligent chimps and apes are too smart for that. they grow rapidly resentful and plot revenge.
This is hilarious and every department that gets monkeys also has a way to incapacitate those monkeys. Please leave it like this.
Monkeys should go bananas for bananas. That is all the solution you'll ever need.
salix_catus Wrote:Monkeys should go bananas for bananas. That is all the solution you'll ever need.
Monkey battle! Reward: banana!
medsal15 Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:Monkeys should go bananas for bananas. That is all the solution you'll ever need.
Monkey battle! Reward: banana!
[Image: FLy8ZTJ.gif]
Some way to direct the monkey rage would be great. I gave a monkey a laser gun recently, for some reason somebody decided attacking it was a good idea and they killed him like it was nothing. A monkey army would be a great traitor gimmick.
DyssalC Wrote:Some way to direct the monkey rage would be great. I gave a monkey a laser gun recently, for some reason somebody decided attacking it was a good idea and they killed him like it was nothing. A monkey army would be a great traitor gimmick.
something akin to a mindslave implant that only works on Monkeys, NPCs and critters and comes with a basic controller that has different commands. "Protect Me" "Rampage" "Search for ______ and Destroy" and "Act Normal"
Make electropacks actually pacify monkeys. I mean, they are in the Animal Control locker for a reason!
Also, monkey lobotomy for something more permanent.
Dead monkeys don't work for the loafer like live monkeys do.

The chef needs a way to get the monkeys into the chute without killing them and/or having an angry army of monkeys attacking him.
The chef gets a chem dispenser and a friend with a shotgun. If he knows enough to be fucking with the loafer he knows how to put down a monkey.
Sundance Wrote:My suggestion is randomize the monkey ai per monkey and have varying forms of aggression.

Neutral
Monkeys as currently are. Will attack if provoked. Will back up monkeys.

Apathetic
Will attack if provoked. Will not back up monkeys.

Frightened
Will flea if attacked, and will counter-attack if player continues his assault. Will back up monkeys.

Cowardice
Will flea if attacked. Will not back up monkeys.

Smart
Will attack if provoked. Will flea if on low health. Will not back up monkeys.

Aggressive
Will make warning signs to player by chattering its teeth or hunching its back. Will attack even on help intent. Will back up other monkeys. Avoid this monkey. Bad monkey.

This way, it's not going to end in your ass being swarmed by monkeys, and people wont feel the need to eradicate their ape heritage every round.

I have a suggestion for other monkey AI

Trained
Monkeys will do tricks when hearing the saxaphone or vuvuzella from their caretaker. This can be triggered by feeding monkeys bananas. A sort of lazy man's Pavlov.
Trained monkeys are also really protective like bees, and can be instructed to follow. Chef can use this to render monkeys docile for monkey impaling, and scientists can use it as a cheap guard buddy defense system but they need to bother botany for more bananas.

Clown should spawn with a trained monkey.
Noah Buttes Wrote:Dead monkeys don't work for the loafer like live monkeys do.

The chef needs a way to get the monkeys into the chute without killing them and/or having an angry army of monkeys attacking him.
Ask for a flusher component from mechanics, or break in and take one yourself.
I was told that back when monkey survival was a thing, genetics traitors could strap electropacks to all the monkeys, get them extremely angry by shocking them repeatedly, then stuff them in a locker, throw it in a public area, and unleash them on the crew. I want this to come back because it sounds hilarious.
Aw. Monkeys no longer follow my corpse around until they have somebody else to beat on. You guys are no fun. D:

For most people, though, I think how they are now is okay. They'll still kill you real well if they have cutting weapons. As a side note, giving a monkey treads and dual chainsaw arms worked out about as well as I expected. Though after a while he did stop using his arms because he somehow managed to mysteriously pick up some rods to hit me with. Boo.