Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible round.
Sundance, again, this is a basic rule of human interaction: someone tells you they're uncomfortable with something, it is the decent thing to do to take their word for it. You may think it's unique, but sometimes that concept can be relative and you aren't the arbiter of what crosses the line for other people. Now, you're perfectly entitled to say "this didn't cross the line for me, I'm fine with this" and that's valid, but you should not then castiage someone for their own opinion. This kind of thing, to me, falls in a grey area. It's fine to go online and check what people's opinion is on it, and you can then conclude that it seems most people were fine with it. One is still allowed to opt out and not like it though, it's not like anyone is gonna be punished for this. Sorry for being longwinded.
Eh you're right, but I get the feeling he didn't quit because he was "uncomfortable" with the situation, but rather he was pissed off at being degraded as such. No love lost in the end.
If everyone suicides and quits when a traitor does a gimmick, maybe he should think about that gimmick again.
We're all here to have fun, and while I've calmed down off my reaction, I still would've suicided even now- I didn't like it. Other people were fine with it, hey fine whatever.
Traitor has as much as a right to do his gimmick as I do to say "Nah too far" and conk myself out.

At the end of the day this is a 2D space death simulator and I, nor anybody else, has any obligation towards anyone else except those in the rules.
Dangit man quit making assumptions, I don't care about being degraded or whatever but this was too much for me. I /was/ uncomfortable.

I've died hundreds of times and this is the only one I've taken issue with, come on man this ain't my first traitor round.
Well since we can't read minds and don't know the user personally to even make a personality judgment, it has to remain a supposition at this point. When it comes down to it, some things are clearly over the line and call for admin intervention, and some things fall into a grey area. For those cases, instead of requiring endless arbitration as to whether it was creepy or unique and fun, people can just choose to opt out and be done with it. Sometimes things just aren't as clear-cut as we'd like.
Personally I don't think it's unique, cause it was a weird and tired trope back in the days when I was in an improv group with only white people (what a shock!) and some people thought it would be funny. I'm just saying that our personal experience colors our perceptions quite a bit.
My two cents, any gimmick that is completely about embarrassing someone and taking away any power to react is getting kinda close being creepy. I guess it depends on what they say or do during it that pushes it over that line.

I've had Sec in the past seem to get a real kick out of the fact that they had me handcuffed and I couldn't do anything to stop them from spacing me and would really draw it out to try to get a reaction like begging and pleading before doing it.

I wasn't in that round, so I don't know how it was handled or how I would have reacted, but different things unnerve different people, but I trust the admins here to make the right judgement calls.
I'm fine with this. Good on the captain for executing an actual proper traitor gimmick.

If you're the target of something that falls within the rules and don't feel like dealing with it, then a suicide is the way to go. Please don't bully people who don't have as thick skin as you for opting out of things in this way.

I personally feel like people who have some sort of severe issue with losing control and suiciding when kidnapped sucks the fun out of doing a traitor gimmick, but I respect your right to do so.
Oh jeez. I had a weird feeling about this at first, but now I feel really bad for making you uncomfortable about this. I was one of the mindslaved kidnappers and I was actively trying to wrangle the captives when they tried to escape. I'm even in the picture you used, I'm that orange-bearded nerd with the beret and vest.

I was ordered to help him do this, though, and nothing happened that was against the rules... My hands were more tied than the people I handcuffed, I guess.

Sorry about that, man. You can always suicide to get out of it, I'm sorry that it made you uncomfortable.
Houka Wrote:Oh jeez. I had a weird feeling about this at first, but now I feel really bad for making you uncomfortable about this. I was one of the mindslaved kidnappers and I was actively trying to wrangle the captives when they tried to escape. I'm even in the picture you used, I'm that orange-bearded nerd with the beret and vest.

I was ordered to help him do this, though, and nothing happened that was against the rules... My hands were more tied than the people I handcuffed, I guess.

Sorry about that, man. You can always suicide to get out of it, I'm sorry that it made you uncomfortable.

D'aww, thanks for being so nice. You don't really have to be sorry, you did what you were supposed to according to the gimmick.

I suicided, I left, I think on the whole nothing overtly wrong was done. I just felt it needed some consideration. I'm not calling for any blood or anyone to feel bad, it was just a bad round and I protested.
Hi. I'm the one who did this. I don't know why you thought this harmless gimmick was creepy. Everyone else seemed to enjoy it! Lighten up a little, yeah?
Mofleaker Wrote:Hi. I'm the one who did this. I don't know why you thought this harmless gimmick was creepy. Everyone else seemed to enjoy it! Lighten up a little, yeah?

Does it really matter why? I did so I left, ~shrug~.
I don't care why you suicided. It's the fact that you made this thread to complain about it that makes me think you should lighten it up a little.
DyssalC Wrote:...and nobody made any sort of actual slavery references this should be relatively okay...

Haha, well if it counts, a werewolf Abraham Lincoln spawned on top of me after all the slaves had escaped and tore me a new asshole. If that isn't funny I don't know what is.
Again, it's rude when you make a gimmick and someone is uncomfortable with it to just dismiss it. It's find to make a thread to gauge how others reacted and they are not trying to get you in trouble. Telling people to "lighten up" is dumb.
If you didn't like the decision an admin came to you should have posted it in the admin complaints board, and not started shit here. This is why there's a post titled "Do not ask for players to be banned.", and what popecrunch wrote basically sums up this thread.