Goonstation Forums
So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible round. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible round. (/showthread.php?tid=4621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible round. - SRQ - 04-21-2015

Just now, or a few minutes before now, there was a really incredibly stupid gimmick by (what I assume was) a traitor captain on Gibbed 4. Now, you can murder me in space as much as you want, I accept that SS13 is a death simulator.
His gimmick was to abduct crew, stun them, and then put them in glass cells in the market, naked. They were slaved to be sold.

I just suicided and quit because fuck that horrible shit, what the fuck. Adminhelp yielded nothing really, so I just sorta threw up my hands and walked away. I don't know if I'm being a baby or what, but being pressed into some sort of bizzare and shitty space slavery roleplay is kinda terrible.

I have attached a screenshot, wherein you can see maybe an admin response? I don't know if things were going on the background, and thank you if they were- but I wasn't sticking around to see what happened.
[Image: W1xux66.png?1]

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - cgrn10 - 04-21-2015

They were traitors. Dick mindslaved them.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - SRQ - 04-21-2015

cgrn10 Wrote:They were traitors. Dick mindslaved them.

Oh yeah I'm not saying the people mindslaved did anything wrong, I'm only pointing at the terrible captain. I'm pretty sure this is above and beyond even for a traitor.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - cgrn10 - 04-21-2015

As an antag, anything goes, as long as its not breaking the rules.

You can see this as terribly shit, but its better than killing you, which would have removed you from the game in the same respect, sans the ability to be bought out of slavery and freed, as one guy was.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - DyssalC - 04-21-2015

Normally you would report this in adminhelp in-game while the round is going on. That way the admins can deal with it right then and there, observe the situation, etc.

However I'm pretty sure so long as it wasn't sexual and nobody made any sort of actual slavery references this should be relatively okay, albeit it's a strange gimmick as I assume most players wouldn't go along with it and would just try to kill the captain.

Of course I'm also not an admin, so nothing I say actually matters in this specific context, however the first thing I said is rather important, remember that.

cgrn10 Wrote:As an antag, anything goes, as long as its not breaking the rules.

You can see this as terribly shit, but its better than killing you, which would have removed you from the game in the same respect, sans the ability to be bought out of slavery and freed, as one guy was.

I would take death over a weird forced-roleplay 9 times out of 10.
Which is why I suicided, whatever. It's not the end of the world but it was really shitty, and I fetl it bared some sort of mention.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - Waffles64 - 04-21-2015

If I was a traitor doing this, that's actually awesome. I love it when traitors go above-and-beyond just massacring the crew.

As stated above, I think if they're traitors, anything goes. If captain was the traitor, then what he did was hilarious, in my opinion. Part of this game, like you said, is you get shit rounds where sometimes you die for really unfair reasons. At least this time you had something new and interesting (AND UNIQUE) to experience.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - Ed Venture - 04-21-2015

SRQ Wrote:I'm being a baby or what

You are.

Kidnappings are awesome

I never said kidnapping was bad, or being a dick and killing people was bad, quit doing that strawman thing.
I said that this specific RP, wherein the crew was forced into a slavery sale RP, was absolutely terrible and insanely unfun. Specifically, just that.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - Sundance - 04-22-2015

We don't do RP.
I'm going to say what's on everyone's mind; you're kinda shit for not rolling with it, actively going braindead just so you can be all "fuck you" to the traitor.
Traitor went out of his way to try something different, and it's clear from your post that this is new to you.

So what if he stripped you naked and put you in a box? That's only somewhat more extreme than being arrested and being put into solitary. Did you even think what would happen when you got sold? There'd be no way enforce your slavery (unless he was using electropaks, probably should imo), and you'd more than likely escape.

Also the fact that you weren't in the slightest bit entertained by what was happening tells me something about your attitude.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - UrsulaMejor - 04-22-2015

this round was terrible...ly funny.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - Ali0en - 04-22-2015

That is hilarious.

Stop being such a play to win baby by going brain dead in a gimmick.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - Owlrich - 04-22-2015

To be fair, I don't think this is about "play to win" as much as being uncomfortable being compelled to go along with a certain gimmick. I mean regardless of whether we think that gimmick was okay or not, you can't compel someone to go with it if they feel uncomfortable, and you have no reason to assume that it wasn't a genuine feeling.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - SRQ - 04-22-2015

Yeah uh, what? You seriously calling me shit up there because I suicided instead of going along with a gimmick I didn't like?
That uh, what? I thought video james were supposed to be fun. It wasn't fun, so I quit. Good lord.

Wait a second how do you even "win" SS13.

Re: So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible rou - Sundance - 04-22-2015

And you're perfectly entitled in "quitting"
But you gotta ask yourself, if everyone was going to "quit" everytime some traitor does something unique then there'd be no more situations like this and people would straight up murder because they'd know peeps wont play along.
You dont quit because you're contributing to a traitor round who's trying to do something unique and you hope that when you do something unique people will also play along. Sure it's probably not fun, but that's the nature of the game, there are times when stuff can't be fun, but the best players know how to make a shit situation enjoyable if you know how. It's called community spirit and while that word sounds like a hugbox, the opposite will often get the scorn that you've inherited by posting this thread.