Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Events = Ideas for PvE here
There wasn't a place to post ideas for random events so I made this.
More variety in random events can only be a good thing. especially smaller scale non-announcement ones.
Here's some ideas to get started I guess.
(Small scale non-announced events)
  • singular asteroid. Not a load of them just one. would create some great RNG moments. someone is about to kill you and then just at the last moment a stray asteroid sends them flying.
  • A shoal of Plasma spores. these guys should act more like space mines rather than found randomly in boxes as they currently are. hazardous for pods
  • Welded crates (not locked) should on the odd occasion come hurtling towards the station. could potentially contain a variety of different things.
    more high risk than reward compared to locked crates. disease clouds. A zombie. Odd food. odd materials. odd chemical bottles.
    corpse in a box could be found wearing novelty clothing or jumpsuits from different stations.
  • Lost space pod/ Escape pod come drifting towards station from who knows where. may contain a really good attachment. may explode when you get inside or try to open the maintenance hatch.
I would really like more PvE aspects thrown into rounds.

Tbh, i'd much prefer a singular asteroid to replace the infamous rift that you can't cross.

It'd be super cool if as a late joiner, you have an option of choosing a "stranded" player, who spawns with limited items in a random section of a z-level, or spawns in an escape pod who crashes into the station with some cool quirky items.
I only see 1 reason to not implement this: It's maybe hard to code. But I like it!
The single Astroid should be huge and slow but can be destroyed with pod lasers
Bring back blowouts. I love those.
Stray wormhole/s: One or more wormholes spawn on the station, spawning a few nasty or benevolent critters before disappearing.

e.g a wormhole spawns in security, releases a bunch of cats, and then disappears. Or maybe a space bear randomly spawns in maintenance and is otherwise ignored until someone discovers it.

Basically not really a disaster round but one to three instances of some critters being spawned before the wormholes close. Actual violent critters spawning from these wormholes should be pretty rare. Maybe you might even get some random funny critters, like clown spiders or some chickens laying eggs.
atomic1fire Wrote:Stray wormhole/s: One or more wormholes spawn on the station, spawning a few nasty or benevolent critters before disappearing.

From another station in another dimension, it's THE GOOSE! oh fuck no!
How about combining some events? Like, we get ants with food left out, right? So say there a rad storm. The ants get irradiated, mutate into fermids.
Stuff like lone asteroids periodically hitting the station is an amazing idea. Much better than the current "events" to shake up the station which are: meteor shower lags the server to death, green explosions causes everyone to run towards medbay, and solar flare cuts off the radio for a minute.
Worst case scenario someone tries to get superpowers by drinking ants during a rad storm.
An electro-magnetic storm that causes all the robots and guardbuddies to wonk out until the storm is over.
Asteroids/meteors with AI blobs inside

Heads of staff (or at least the useless sinecure ones) mysteriously getting demoted and replaced with lizards :mason:

Security getting some poorly thought out policy change from centcom ("Fuck changelings, your new priority is raiding botany every time they grow weed")

random computer failures (usually 1 or 2 per round)

random minor damage to station at the start of the round (i.e. rusted pipes) to give the engineers something else to do.

If the payroll runs dry too long, random event where every assistant gets traitor objectives wget and emailed

Something funny if enough people fart at the same time (this is going to lead to groups of players trying to coordinate)

Guardbuddies all gathering in one place to cheer some poor dude up.

Monkeys getting in random fights in the lab monkey pen

Toilets getting clogged and regurgitating all flushed items

The syndicate mailing unmarked crates to QM, most of which contain drones, angry space bugs, maneaters, or bombs. Occasionally they'll screw up and send something cool or useful, but you might want to talk some assistant into opening the crate.

Random ingredients in the bar and kitchen at the start of the round. Just to encourage different recipes and drinks every round.

Company picnics-A merchant shuttle brings a bunch of free and rare food (elvis bread, etc)

Space bees sneaking into the research wing and pulling pranks with colorful reagent

Damaged machinery leaking spacelube or oil all over the floor until someone welds it back together.
Winklabom Wrote:Bring back blowouts. I love those.
Vunterslaush Wrote:
As long as the lights don't blow out anymore. Having to hop into a maintenance tunnel with god knows who or what was fun.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Vunterslaush Wrote: