Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have changed... [Davidof9]
Seeing as they both play with the same name I would take any experience (related to this) you had with Adam Jensen with a grain of salt.
look, honestly it seems like he REALLY wants to repent or whatever. just give him another shot, imo. i'd suggest that he change his in-game name though, so people can be sure it's the right guy they're judging in-game.

give him another shot, if he fucks it up then boot him again.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:look, honestly it seems like he REALLY wants to repent or whatever. just give him another shot, imo. i'd suggest that he change his in-game name though, so people can be sure it's the right guy they're judging in-game.

give him another shot, if he fucks it up then boot him again.

What name should i use ?
I have no clue tbh, i'm here thinking like a mad man for a new name, don't want anything too dorky but dorky at the same time....
Just go with a random name till you find one you like.
I would not want him back in the community.

He shot me with a lethal laser on normal laws just today, after the round I asked him about it on IRC.

He said oh it wasn't me until I copy pasted the AI and key who played it that round, then it turned to, oh my game froze when I turned it to lethal trying to scare you out of the core.

He just broke the rules, then lied about it. Just how I feel.
cgrn10 Wrote:I would not want him back in the community.

He shot me with a lethal laser on normal laws just today, after the round I asked him about it on IRC.

He said oh it wasn't me until I copy pasted the AI and key who played it that round, then it turned to, oh my game froze when I turned it to lethal trying to scare you out of the core.

He just broke the rules, then lied about it. Just how I feel.
I never declined that i shot you, i was clicking leathal and non-leathal because i though you would run out as you saw the red marker on my laser. Then i opened the door and shot you by accident as i expected you to run out from my core.

Same happened today with another AI.
Ed Venture Wrote:Just go with a random name till you find one you like.
I got a new name : Hobs McKnobs
Someone give it to me on IRC.
Thinking on this guy's history and after reading what cgrn10 had to say. I don't think he should have another chance to come back. He has been banned before then started to get chances to not be shit and when they stop giving him chances he started to evade his bans. Now he comes back and tells us that he has been playing on another account for awhile now and admits to turning on lethal lasers in a attempt to scare someone out of his upload while on normal laws which is extremely shitty and in some cases could get you banned. He has a history of being shit, a history of lying and lastly a history of ban evading. I hate to change my mind on this, but in hindsight I should have put more thought behind my first post. I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt but Admins have already done that multiple times and he learned nothing. I don't think you should consider people's experience with Adam Jensen should factor in on this since as said a well known Mentor has been playing with that name for a couple a days. He has had too many chances and shown little to no improvement. Do you really wanna walk down the same road you've walked so many times again.
Ed Venture Wrote:Thinking on this guy's history and after reading what cgrn10 had to say. I don't think he should have another chance to come back. He has been banned before then started to get chances to not be shit and when they stop giving him chances he started to evade his bans. Now he comes back and tells us that he has been playing on another account for awhile now and admits to turning on lethal lasers in a attempt to scare someone out of his upload while on normal laws which is extremely shitty and in some cases could get you banned. He has a history of being shit, a history of lying and lastly a history of ban evading. I hate to change my mind on this, but in hindsight I should have put more thought behind my first post. I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt but Admins have already done that multiple times and he learned nothing. I don't think you should consider people's experience with Adam Jensen should factor in on this since as said a well known Mentor has been playing with that name for a couple a days. He has had too many chances and shown little to no improvement. Do you really wanna walk down the same road you've walked so many times again.
I really don't but that was before we has a talk with the staff. I tried my best to play as AI, but i never chose to pick the AI.
Sadly i made a quite a big mistake turning my lasers on lethal to scare him off from my upload, he has no permit to walk in there without the captain knowing.
I've dun goofed myself and i feel like shit, i probably won't be able to sleep now as i have to go sleep (its 3:19)
cgrn10 Wrote:He said oh it wasn't me until I copy pasted the AI and key who played it that round

That's false, I never even said that... I didn't look in IRC as i was playing the game, i usually look in IRC when the round is over or when i'm dead.
You did paste the key though.
I don't remember why this guy was such an asshole or whatever beyond the name being familiar but really it seems like the way to handle this would have been to have him PM this apology thing to the admins and then quietly drop him back into the wild and see if he's still a dickhead and reban him if necessary rather than having him post a big "Hey it's me: the guy who's shit." screed on the forums and making him a big beacon of attention because I genuinely can't think of a single time that has ever ended well, anywhere.

I mean shit I'm not a psychologist or a divine arbiter of character judgement or whatever and I don't think a detailed psychoanalysis of why someone lies is appropriate on a forum about space games so to me this whole thing is vaguely embarrassing for everyone involved. Give him another chance I guess but on a key not associated with this big fucking thing.
Dauntasa Wrote:quietly drop him back into the wild and see if he's still a dickhead
This has practically already happened and he's still been shit with the above incident.

I change my opinion to NO, NEVER EVER. He blew it. Go try another server because apparently he doesn't mesh here.
I too have changed, I am no longer a "want-want-need-need" begging kind of guy, So if any admins are looking at this message, It would be okay to remove my camel avatar and subtext about me being an annoyance. As I have also changed.
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:I too have changed, I am no longer a "want-want-need-need" begging kind of guy, So if any admins are looking at this message, It would be okay to remove my camel avatar and subtext about me being an annoyance. As I have also changed.

You can ask that in the Avatar thread.
Hobs if please note I said after the round in my original post, and yes you did say, "That wasn't me, I didn't shoot anyone." I'm not a guy to go spreading slander to bar a guy from playing a 2-D fart game.

If anything I'm far too amicable. I hardly ever kill traitors when I play as HoS for example. I almost always give people the benefit of the doubt.

Of course there are several people who I may bring out the acerbic cutting insults for, but they are far and few in between.

As Ali0en said, you've had far more chances than many people and they've been removed forever for much much less, but I understand you're contrite and like Wonk said, hitting that age were maturity really hits, but this fucking lying needs to stop, if not for the game, for real life, please.

I do not want you to play under a normal name, at the very least for your sake. I'd rather the admins watch you and make sure you aren't the shit you were some years ago.

Then there is how you were evading in the first place to play on the server, then had the audacity to attempt mentorship. That's like being a wanted felon and running for governor.

I want you to be a random space man who has the NSA breathing down his neck at minimum, leaning more towards not playing at all.

These are just my opinions, of course, rebut how you will, but there will be nothing more from me on the matter.