Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedloaders
Paineframe Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:personally, I don't think the detective should have any NON lethal ammo. the detective should not be sec, the detective should not be using a taser revolver to arrest criminals. the gun should be a panic option, not a harder to use glorified taser that requIres you to wear certain clothes and die in vacuum. that's not what the gun is about

also the original speed loader idea requiring to be filled with loose bullets was cool
I agree the detective's job isn't to arrest criminals.

However, I also think his job isn't to be a doped-up gunslinging assassin either. Instead of arresting people, he just guns down anyone suspicious. Giving the detective large amounts of lethal ammo makes about as much sense as starting assistants off with emags and pipebombs.
Yes, that's what I've wanted to say but haven't been able to form into adequate words. There's a good reason why security has no lethal weapons exclusive to them, and there's consequentially why everyone who has lethal weapons has them. The barman gets his shotgun because of the bar's tendency to harbor angry and/or drunk people beating other people up, the Captain gets his energy gun because his position draws antagonists to him, the HoS gets his energy gun because he's the goddamn law and also has the authority factor.

But why does the detective need his gun? The only reason the detective even has their gun is for the sake of preserving the film noir aesthetic, but there comes a time when aesthetics must give way to functionality. I'm not trying to suggest that the detective not get their revolver at all, but it causes a very problematic issue when it just doesn't need to be there and is liable to cause more problems than it solves.
remove all of the detectives lethal rounds then add a .38 revolver crate and a .38 ammo crate. would be the alternative to phasers.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:personally, I don't think the detective should have any NON lethal ammo. the detective should not be sec, the detective should not be using a taser revolver to arrest criminals. the gun should be a panic option, not a harder to use glorified taser that requIres you to wear certain clothes and die in vacuum. that's not what the gun is about

also the original speed loader idea requiring to be filled with loose bullets was cool
I agree the detective's job isn't to arrest criminals.

However, I also think his job isn't to be a doped-up gunslinging assassin either. Instead of arresting people, he just guns down anyone suspicious. Giving the detective large amounts of lethal ammo makes about as much sense as starting assistants off with emags and pipebombs.
Yes, that's what I've wanted to say but haven't been able to form into adequate words. There's a good reason why security has no lethal weapons exclusive to them, and there's consequentially why everyone who has lethal weapons has them. The barman gets his shotgun because of the bar's tendency to harbor angry and/or drunk people beating other people up, the Captain gets his energy gun because his position draws antagonists to him, the HoS gets his energy gun because he's the goddamn law and also has the authority factor.

But why does the detective need his gun? The only reason the detective even has their gun is for the sake of preserving the film noir aesthetic, but there comes a time when aesthetics must give way to functionality. I'm not trying to suggest that the detective not get their revolver at all, but it causes a very problematic issue when it just doesn't need to be there and is liable to cause more problems than it solves.
I dunno. The Detective is a pretty big target for antagonists since they will probably oust you later, which gives them a good reason to stay armed with lethals.
Of all the servers to nerf the Detective and make him more boring, never thought it would be goon.

He's meant to be a gunslinger! The Gif that comes with the wiki page is a god damn gun fight.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I think this calls for more diplomatic detective options:

[Image: ps665.gif]
this is literally the only thing a goon detective should be
Everyone Wrote:You don't play detective how i do so you shouldn't arrest criminals or you're playing wrong angry smiley ranting GRRR

in other more sensible news, yes, remove the speedloaders, make the gun manually reloaded, add a revolver ocelot uniform to the game.

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber...