Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antag type: Hardmode traitor
This is why I think gangs should be in mixed. Technically antagonists, but instead of gear they have numbers and have less incentive for wanton killing/destruction.
Frank_Stein Wrote:This is why I think gangs should be in mixed. Technically antagonists, but instead of gear they have numbers and have less incentive for wanton killing/destruction.

Gangs in mixed would be amazing. But that's another subject for another thread.
instead of a separate role you could make it a toggle when you start as a traitor/in the uplink (before you spend crystals). turn on hardmode, you'll lose all your TC and get some extra objectives, but if you can complete all of them, you'll unlock ~fancy skins~ or achievement items
icarus Wrote:instead of a separate role you could make it a toggle when you start as a traitor/in the uplink (before you spend crystals). turn on hardmode, you'll lose all your TC and get some extra objectives, but if you can complete all of them, you'll unlock ~fancy skins~ or achievement items
This is a pretty cool idea for a literal hardmode traitor, but I personally think that the separate role would be a welcome addition. Maybe add both?
Berrik Wrote:Oh cool, a game mode where you play as your average staff assistant v

Most Staff Assistants know better then to go anywhere near murder without valid cause.

That said a swarm of bloodlusted staff assistants is almost like a swarm of killer bees in grey sweaters. What the staff assistant lacks in access they make up for in ingenuity.

That said now I really want a purge game mode but every time a gamemode gets too close to rev it gets shot down.

But anyway I'm completely okay with a hard-mode traitor. Especially if it results in more ghetto weapons being used as traitor weapons.
Harder objectives could be fun too. like an kidnapping objective, where the victim must be brought to the listening post alive and must be there in a cell(which should be added) when the round ends.
If someone's already mentioned this im sorry, I haven't read many replies.

But I think there would have to be a choice, when the round stars, to be a normal traitor or a hardcore one

I for one don't get many traitor rounds, I can play 10 rounds until I even get 1, so Id HATE to finally
Get a traitor round and for it to be hardcore, I personally love telecrystals and certain T weapons.

The idea is cool, for more experience ((Luckier)) people who get a lot of T rounds.

But for me, I'll always prefer normal T rounds so a choice between Hardcoee and normal is a MUST for me.
Don't think of it as "aw man, I got nerfed traitor and not actual traitor," think of it as "I got antag and not non-antag!" Remember, hardmode traitors would cost "antag budget" than any other type, so you'd end up with more antag rounds overall with them in.

As for it being an optional thing, no. The point is to push people into being creative and devious. Making it opt-in only defeats the purpose of reaching the exact sort of artless rampagers it's meant to address. You can certainly opt-out - but your alternative would be non-antag, not full-fledged traitor.

If existing traitors want to go hardmode, they already have the option via macrobomb.
If It actually did increase the amount of antag rounds unlucky people get then I'd be all for It.

I can just see me getting the same amount of antag rounds only this time they're hardcore and not normal.

Would devs be willing to increase the amount of antags per round, if this hardcore mode means there would be more antags running around, It means making more chaos.
I don't necessarily agree it'd be any less murdery/station-destroying than regular traitors. When the only thing that differentiates you from other players is pretty much a license to kill, that's pretty much what most people are going to do. Plus, most of the station-leveling tools aren't really traitor-items anyway.

Not that I'm against the idea. It'd be a change from 'get biggest stick/hit people with it', at least.
Ed Venture Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:This is why I think gangs should be in mixed. Technically antagonists, but instead of gear they have numbers and have less incentive for wanton killing/destruction.

Gangs in mixed would be amazing. But that's another subject for another thread.

Heh
Roomba Wrote:When the only thing that differentiates you from other players is pretty much a license to kill, that's pretty much what most people are going to do.
Case in point: Emagged cyborgs. They have no obligation to kill people but can almost always be trusted to start killing people.
Marquesas you need to try and embrace fun every now and then instead of being the go to NO guy.

This is also a pretty neat idea, I think it would be cool to see hardmode traitor in the game.
Aren't emagged cyborgs sort of ineffectual now?
Roomba Wrote:I don't necessarily agree it'd be any less murdery/station-destroying than regular traitors. When the only thing that differentiates you from other players is pretty much a license to kill, that's pretty much what most people are going to do. Plus, most of the station-leveling tools aren't really traitor-items anyway.

Not that I'm against the idea. It'd be a change from 'get biggest stick/hit people with it', at least.

There are some station ending items you can make, but it takes dedication and skill, and mostly chemistry.

Also if the crew notices you up to something, that makes it a lot harder to do anything game ending.

That said if you have chemistry access you can pretty much build a dirty bomb with a large beaker, some smoke powder, some clf3 and some unstable mutagen. Combine it with toxins access for a good area of denial weapon.