Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stopping Medbay Raids
I knew that might be a stretch, but I would at least like to see what I suggested purchasable from the MiniMed.
Vunterslaush Wrote:How about a mini first aid kit that spawns on each player at round start in their box. It would contain a bandage, mini brute and burn patch, one charcoal pill, and a salicylic acid pill. I think this might leave less of a need to bust into medbay and go blue light special on it. Please let me know if this is a terrible idea.
Nah, this just encourages the solo mindset even more. You should have to get help for more critical medical issues. Makes medical doctors not pointless.
I agree with Ali0en, and I probably should have clarified in my rant that I was mainly talking about the simpler yet still notable injuries, like when you've just gotten lasered a bit and need some burn patches. I completely understand the value in letting the emergency care go to the doctors, but locking EVERYTHING up is just excessive.
Ali0en Wrote:The problem with medbay is that everything is simple to fix but most of the cures are stored in medbay. Few med doctors care to help because most people insist on helping themselves. So we need more complex med problems and a community without a solo mindset.
Complex medical conditions just sound like one big headache, unless Medbay gets a device that automatically KOs anyone who enters Medbay while suffering from one of those conditions. Most injured people don't even stand still long enough to shoot them up with epi, let alone perform some complex treatment.
So don't add anything because some people can't handle dying? No. If you get hurt expect to suffer.
Honestly, you folks need to stop thinking of ways to be hitler with medical supplies inside and outside of medbay.

Nerfing the supplies outside would just royally screw the station up more than it already would be if medbay got bombed.
Personally I think the system we have now is pretty swell, at least when Doctors aren't hiding First Aid Kits in the break room or something like that (I was WONDERING where all of those things kept running off to....) Doing that is pretty lousy and should stop. That being said, SS13 is inevitably going to have staff shortages/issues. Heads are murdered, no one signs up to be an engineer or a doctor, the only security guard is AFK, etc etc etc. If we make it easier for people to do it themselves, though, then why exactly do we have jobs in the first place? The HoP terminal (and the HoP) exists for a reason, as do all of the jobs on the station. Actively discouraging crew cooperation and interaction just turns it into Shy Station 13.

Why not meet halfway? We already have a small surgery station near the bar (arguably the epicenter of death and destruction next to Medbay itself) stocked with a few medical supplies and a surgery table. Why not take it a step further and toss a few 'Emergency First Aid Stations' in Maintenance or in the hallway? Nothing crazy, mind you, just a small cabinet stocked with a few patches and bandages? That way Medical Staff still gets to play Spehss Doctor and crewmembers knocking on Death's Door don't have to waste their last breath saying 'Aaaaaiiiiiii..... Dooooooorrrrrrr'.

Sundance Wrote:I personally think there should be LESS medical stuff about. Currently there's 3 medpaks in sec/bridge, 2 in crew quarters, several in emergency storage beside the bar, burn meds in engineering, burn and tox meds in science and probably more that i'm forgetting (oh also oxygen meds in oxygen crates)

I like your suggestion about the different Emergency Equipment, Sundance! I also agree that there's already a lot of Medical Stuff lying around. Maybe if they were limited to Medbay and public Emergency First Aid Stations it could work out. That way no one has an excuse to not find the darn stuff.
Ali0en Wrote:So don't add anything because some people can't handle dying? No. If you get hurt expect to suffer.
No, I'm just saying that adding more complex medical treatments is going to increase the geneticist's workload more than the doctor's, because people - even injured people - don't stand still for treatment until they're too dead to move.
Paineframe Wrote:people - even injured people - don't stand still for treatment until they're too dead to move.
Then that's their own damn fault.

People have absolutely no room to complain that they keep dying if they don't stand the fuck still so they can be properly healed. Plain and simple. Be sure to communicate this fact if you see it happen.