Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with the greytide lately?
They were, in fact, given by the captain, and he then disobeyed a direct order to return said ID because 'cry more', I guess? You also took away the diplomat's ID and I'm not sure that was warranted either.

Also I've had sec guards baton the shit out of me and mug me for having the temerity to walk into sec and say hi as the cap/HOP. Not going for the lockers, just walking in. I know 'chain of command' is a laughable concept around here but it'd be nice if sec could at least try to pretend to respect those ostensibly higher up.
Incidentally, the sec equipment in the lockers seems to be a frequent point of contention, and I think it'd be nice to have some kind of official ruling along the lines of 'the sec equipment is/is not meant to be sec exclusive, and it is/is not okay for non-sec people who have legitimate access to those lockers take stuff from them'. Obviously it would depend a lot on context and situation, but just as a general rule.
Spawn officers with their baton and taser; the lockers then become spares. Still worth keeping greedy mitts off.

But sec officers already spawn with full backpacks, now that I think of it. Box, flash, two cuffs, personal item, whistle, e-tank. Shit.

Uh... replace the e-tank with one, move PDA to pocket slot, put the other on the belt slot? Or scratch the flash; a smart officer will grab one from the sec vendors, as they're risk free.

It still doesn't solve the problem of braindead sec officers getting looted but let's not worry about impossibilities.
Wonkmin Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:Incidentally, the sec equipment in the lockers seems to be a frequent point of contention, and I think it'd be nice to have some kind of official ruling along the lines of 'the sec equipment is/is not meant to be sec exclusive, and it is/is not okay for non-sec people who have legitimate access to those lockers take stuff from them'. Obviously it would depend a lot on context and situation, but just as a general rule.

The same as everything ingame - if your ID gives you access to it, it's fair game.
If there it's a shortage of batons/tasers, ask someone to make new ones in mechanics
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Wonkmin Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:Incidentally, the sec equipment in the lockers seems to be a frequent point of contention, and I think it'd be nice to have some kind of official ruling along the lines of 'the sec equipment is/is not meant to be sec exclusive, and it is/is not okay for non-sec people who have legitimate access to those lockers take stuff from them'. Obviously it would depend a lot on context and situation, but just as a general rule.

The same as everything ingame - if your ID gives you access to it, it's fair game.
If there it's a shortage of batons/tasers, ask someone to make new ones in mechanics
Or have the QM order some wave guns for you.
Wonkmin Wrote:

This being said, maybe the HoP should not go crazy with all- or security access ID cards. I fondly remember the time the only way you were getting into security was if you got rid of a dork wielding an instant KO taser, first.
Marquesas Wrote:This being said, maybe the HoP should not go crazy with all- or security access ID cards.
Thisthisthisthis.

I frequently deplore any HoPs who announce that they're handing out all-access or that they're busting down the table and leaving their ID in the console or whatever, and on the rare occasion that I end up rolling HoP, I never give out all-access without a damn good reason. Usually a complete catastrophe like a wizard attack or rampant blob or something of the ilk. Passing out all-access like candy is practically asking for the station to devolve into lawless chaos.

...though, I have a question. I've wanted to try the aforementioned all-access distribution as a traitorous HoP, but something's been bugging me about the idea: Would it be breaking any rules? If I were to give the Staff Assistants all-access as a traitor and then they go off and blow up the bridge, would I be responsible by proxy? I know that antagonists typically have complete sanction to grief as hard as possible, but griefing via giving other, non-antagonists the capability to grief seems like a bit of a grey area.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:...though, I have a question. I've wanted to try the aforementioned all-access distribution as a traitorous HoP, but something's been bugging me about the idea: Would it be breaking any rules? If I were to give the Staff Assistants all-access as a traitor and then they go off and blow up the bridge, would I be responsible by proxy? I know that antagonists typically have complete sanction to grief as hard as possible, but griefing via giving other, non-antagonists the capability to grief seems like a bit of a grey area.

It's fine as a traitor HOP. I figure it's a lot like being a traitor mechanic and mass producing csabers and giving them away for free. Sure no one should technically be able to use it, but it's essentially your job as a traitor to cause chaos and disorder and extreme power, either in the form of all access cards for the entire crew or hyper-powerful laser swords, in the hands of unstable sociopaths will often do your work for you. And probably cause your eventual death.

Even as a non-traitor HOP I'll occasionally (not often!) give out all access IDs for suitably tempting bribery. Mustaches are an excellent form a currency in some parts.
You ARE, after all, the HEAD of personnel. It's your job to hire/fire people and manage their paychecks. That's your only job. Promotions are a part of this process.
a treasured traitor tradition is to make people kill other people through lying. a traitor is never at risk of being banned because someone else killed a third party, and neither is that someone else if the traitor provided a sufficiently reasonable lie (such as injecting blood orange juice into someone else's blood right before a blood test)
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:This being said, maybe the HoP should not go crazy with all- or security access ID cards.
Thisthisthisthis.

...though, I have a question. I've wanted to try the aforementioned all-access distribution as a traitorous HoP, but something's been bugging me about the idea: Would it be breaking any rules? .

No.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:...though, I have a question. I've wanted to try the aforementioned all-access distribution as a traitorous HoP, but something's been bugging me about the idea: Would it be breaking any rules? If I were to give the Staff Assistants all-access as a traitor and then they go off and blow up the bridge, would I be responsible by proxy? I know that antagonists typically have complete sanction to grief as hard as possible, but griefing via giving other, non-antagonists the capability to grief seems like a bit of a grey area.

If you leave a bomb just sitting in the hallway, and some doofus of an assistant finds it in his best interest to use it as a non-antag, then the consequences are on him/her. You cant control the actions of others. They should have the common sense to know that blowing shit up as a non-antag is dumb and will get you in a heap of trouble. If they do it anyway, then WELP.
Ed Venture Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Thisthisthisthis.

...though, I have a question. I've wanted to try the aforementioned all-access distribution as a traitorous HoP, but something's been bugging me about the idea: Would it be breaking any rules? .

No.

This ^. As usual, rules are very lax for traitoring and we intend to keep it that way.
Alright, good to know. Thanks for the clarification!
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Thisthisthisthis.

I frequently deplore any HoPs who announce that they're handing out all-access or that they're busting down the table and leaving their ID in the console or whatever, and on the rare occasion that I end up rolling HoP, I never give out all-access without a damn good reason. Usually a complete catastrophe like a wizard attack or rampant blob or something of the ilk. Passing out all-access like candy is practically asking for the station to devolve into lawless chaos.

...though, I have a question. I've wanted to try the aforementioned all-access distribution as a traitorous HoP, but something's been bugging me about the idea: Would it be breaking any rules? If I were to give the Staff Assistants all-access as a traitor and then they go off and blow up the bridge, would I be responsible by proxy? I know that antagonists typically have complete sanction to grief as hard as possible, but griefing via giving other, non-antagonists the capability to grief seems like a bit of a grey area.
Ultimately, does it really matter? If indiscriminately issuing or enabling all-access IDs is banned for non-traitor HoPs but allowed for traitor HoPs, then it's useless as a tool for traitor HoPs because the detective will show up and shoot you to death as a "confirmed traitor" thirty seconds after you announce you're giving ID upgrades.
Marquesas Wrote:
sartorius Wrote:Security officers stunning people and dragging them off for meaningless offenses

Excuse me, if you don't expect to be arrested for stuff like B&E you'll be Super Surprised.
Farting in the presence of an officer. Excessive honking. Cleaning an officer of the law with a spray bottle.