Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with the greytide lately?
So in the past week I've seen 3 instances of grey tide pop up. The first was the round where the pool was closed. The crew stormed the brig and started murdering sec. Next was out of nowhere. A swarm of assistants swarmed the brig and bombed it. An admin had to tell people to stop and I even had to authorize lethal force against the tiders.

What the hell is happening?
Have any new SS13 youtubers stumbled into goonstation or some banned nerd bitching on /b/ lately? Those are the two most like scenarios I think could be attracting a bunch of people who lack the sense to act like a decent person.
they probably took the "no more tide" post as a challenge
Ali0en Wrote:The first was the round where the pool was closed.

That was a deliberate attempt by the captain to rile up an assistant revolution and I'm amazed at how many people didn't get this. I'm pretty sure he was a traitor on top of the fact.
Why is this thread here?

Get your batons out and start crackin'! DOWN. Summary Execution
The harder you crack down, the harder they rebel.
Ali0en Wrote:The harder you crack down, the harder they rebel.
im pretty sure that admins are taking a very harsh view of greytiding. if people are being shitty, crack down. if they get worse, adminhelp it. they'll get their just desserts
What do you guys think of sec setting up flashers at roundstart for the stated reason of "grey tide".

What if it's only in the security area?
I was setting up the flashers in sec before all this hubbub started so A-OK with me.

If you really want to secure security, space the segways. Crimers riding them around while wearing handcuffs gets old really quickly.
rulib Wrote:What do you guys think of sec setting up flashers at roundstart for the stated reason of "grey tide".

What if it's only in the security area?

The point of the flashers is to contain trespassers. Whatever the person's reason are to set them up as far as I can see that is their purpose. If you don't want them around the wait till everyone leaves and hide them. Don't be that asshat who attacks the officer setting them up strips them of all their gear and then tries to bucklecuff the person in a room where no one will find them. At that point you are worse then the person setting the flashers up.
Ali0en Wrote:The first was the round where the pool was closed.

just popping in to reaffirm that this is one of the funniest ss13 stories I've ever heard.
The pool incident had its moments. I saw a legless, naked assistant crawl out of the brig entrance and into the hall after the pool riot raid. He screamed for help and then got dragged back in by an officer.
Finally, a use for that N20
Sundance Wrote:Finally, a use for that N20
Give all of sec internals, fill sec with N20, don't bother closing the doors as you leave. Let them learn the hard way.

On that note what is N20 actually meant for? Can you use it as the gas on a flamethrower to make people sleep? If so that'd be legit.
N20 is for use of massive area denial. Unfortunately it's very very difficult to use legitimately, because you look like an absolute shit when using it. In essence, the description you just described by flooding sec with it and giving officers internals would actually be a non-shit way of keeping security secure, but it has a pretty big chance to back-fire in your face and would have to communicate to officers in full. That and once it's in the air, it's impossible to get rid of. I was told by an admin after falling asleep due to it, that if there's like <1% of it in the air then the particle effect is invisible, so you could get knocked out even if there's just a trace of it in the air.

Quote:Can you use it as the gas on a flamethrower to make people sleep? If so that'd be legit.
I might just make a non-lethal mix in a flamethrower with n2o with flash/sonic powder/sorium and see how that goes. Blast their socks off and puts them asleep. Maybe not sorium, because you'd want them within range of the gas. Could be interesting. Could fail spectacularly.

As far as grey-tiding goes, perhaps admins could give security personnel a heads up via voice in the head that person A,B,C are new players and are being dolts, so that security could hand their asses to them literally IC and then admins could hand their asses to them figuratively OOC?