Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with the greytide lately?
Misread your post?

You said you didn't gas us. You said it was kevin. I said it wasn't because you had a beaker assembly set up in such a manner that if you were to be stunned, you would maximize the window and spray LSD and Swedium and god knows what else as some sort of shitty assistant microbomb. Now you say you HAVE gassed us? So you're lying straight up.

Your "Angela Lansbury" or whoever her name is gimmick sucks balls. You never said anything to me, just silently lurking in the corner. Oh and I forgot you chucked a pie at me too. You can't just tack on "oh but it's a gimmick" when you are straight up griefing and then fucking whine about it when someone (me) got tired of your shit.

You're pretty new here, so instead of seeing how far you can bend security, how about learning other mechanics like chemistry or mining, or perhaps put on your big boy pants and try your hand at security and realize how shit you were acting?

Also, the next round you were acting somewhat like a turd, but it was far more in good humor rather than "holy shit I want to space this fuck". Eating my spaghetti is fine, you got brigged by another officer as a joke over it, and I forcefed you the rest because it had your germs.
Well I guess that proves my point about sec still being a bit shit. My sentence doesn't parse that way, at least not in English. But you can't be bothered to re-read it, and you've convinced yourself of whatever you wanted to because you're the great security hero. Even though my gimmick would have worked great if I wasn't getting shot, or the people shooting me had looked around after losing me instead of getting tunnel vision to shoot me.

I solved more actual traitor stuff than the detective but didn't go all vigilante, which was kind of the point of the whole gimmick, I just couldn't get anyone to listen to anything that wasn't "x is antagonist".
Marq's Little Hitlers represent
sorry Tiktok, it sounds 100% like you're the bad guy here. I have no idea what you're trying to prove, but all you're doing is just reassuring everyone here of the fact that you're a weirdo that griefs security and tries to make up stories about how you're the good guy
TailorTok Wrote:Even though my gimmick would have worked great if I wasn't getting shot
If your gimmick is causing people to shoot you, particularly if the people doing the shooting aren't the type of people to shoot on a whim, then it might be worth doing a quick double-over on how entertaining your gimmick actually is. Given both sides of the argument, it seems to me like you were basically trying to play backseat-security officer and didn't really listen or cooperate with any of the actual security officers. If an officer already had the traitor apprehended and was interrogating him, why the hell did you need to swoop in and start stripping the guy? And why the fuck could you possibly need a beaker assembly full of LSD and swedium in your backpack if you're supposedly trying to help the sec team?
If Phase 1 of the gimmick is 'fuck with sec', you should really not be surprised if sec responds with the appropriate in-character response - i.e. stunning and arresting you because they don't have time to put up with it. Especially when, in this case, they were dealing with an actual traitor.
I was dealing with actual traitors too. Sorry for trying to be more fun than just murdering them. I see now that I was wrong, I will powergame harder in the future, and expect to be shot and buckled to a chair for the entire round for interacting with security in a non-prescribed manner.

Also you are all very smart people and I totally grief security all the time rather than trying a dumb gimmick everyone ignored once. I also run into security and steal their things and beat them up all the time even though I've never even done that as traitor. You've cracked the case, detectives!
TailorTok Wrote:I was dealing with actual traitors too. Sorry for trying to be more fun than just murdering them. I see now that I was wrong, I will powergame harder in the future, and expect to be shot and buckled to a chair for the entire round for interacting with security in a non-prescribed manner.

Also you are all very smart people and I totally grief security all the time rather than trying a dumb gimmick everyone ignored once. I also run into security and steal their things and beat them up all the time even though I've never even done that as traitor. You've cracked the case, detectives!
Introspection just isn't your forte, is it? That fucking bird
TailorTok Wrote:I was dealing with actual traitors too. Sorry for trying to be more fun than just murdering them. I see now that I was wrong, I will powergame harder in the future, and expect to be shot and buckled to a chair for the entire round for interacting with security in a non-prescribed manner.

:downs:
I'd just like to say that we had a pretty solid security force that round and previously, in which we dealt with traitors in a very balanced manner. Your vigilantism was unwarranted, unwanted and poorly executed. Nobody in security knew about any traitor plan you foiled if you speak the truth.
Your "interaction" with me was state absolutely nothing about your gimmick (I actually would've played along if you did), run in, strip the traitor, steal the ID with the hope that I'd chase you, run back in and start pushing me around and then gas everyone in the room.

You hadn't known what I was doing with the other traitor. I was playing my own gimmick, where because the traitor was playing the silent game, I said "well I have all day" and started heating up donk pockets in the microwave, making him eat cereal while he beeped booped to his syndicate borgs to save him, as my plan was to find out which borgs were his own syndicate ones as we just then reset the AI (he one human'd it previously)

And then you came in and royally fucked up everything. Congrats. :yousuck:
"Powergamer" "Fun Hating Hitler"

Among other words used by people who want zero resistance and opposition during their gimmicks and antag rounds.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Random crewmember NPCs in the VR for these people who want to antag/grief unopposed.

"Ugh, you spaced my transfer-valve assemblies, YOU ARE SUCH AN UNFUN POWERGAMING HITLER"

Unfun for who? You? What about the mechanic setting up some sort of crazy contraption, or QM McBones making that dosh, or Medic McGee playin doctor. I like how when people spew "UNFUN" its usually with insanely selfish intent.

That being said greytiding seems to be subsiding. Huzzah.
TailorTok Wrote:Also you are all very smart people and I totally grief security all the time rather than trying a dumb gimmick everyone ignored once. I also run into security and steal their things and beat them up all the time even though I've never even done that as traitor. You've cracked the case, detectives!

I'm not sure how sarcastic this is meant to be, because this is straight up true, in pretty much every round I've seen you. Hell, in that first incident you described you got brought into sec in the first place because you were apparently randomly breaking stuff in medbay.

Also you argue for handling things 'IC', yet when a sec officer takes the appropriate in-character response to someone constantly bugging them when they're trying to get shit done (arresting them), that's unfun and powergamey. Apparently your idea of proper roleplaying is 'everyone should read my mind and play along with my gimmick'.
TailorTok it sounds like the Security Crackdown thread was made for people like you.
Basically you can't have it both ways. You can't go 'This is an in-character thing I'm doing, I shouldn't receive any OOC consequences (e.g. banning, extra scrutiny) from constantly messing with sec' and at the same time go 'Sec should use their OOC knowledge to figure out my funny gimmick and play along with it instead of applying the appropriate IC response (arresting), that would be powergamey and unfun'.
I guess so, I mean clearly throwing a heart around in medbay to paint the floors with blood is the same as randomly breaking shit in medbay, which is the same as standing outside security and rushing in and beating them.

Also I'm the liar even though the person you are all siding with has inconsistencies in his story. I was "messing with him and getting in his grill" at the same time as I was "not doing anything and lurking I'm a corner". Then the swedium I found on the floor was released both before and after he shot me. Then I somehow said I didn't do that even though there is mysteriously no record of me saying that. Then I accused him of powergaming even though there's no record of me saying that.

Please tell me what else I have said and done, I'd love to know.
That pool incident was quite funny, I was the luchador running around security hitting everyone.
Thought the incidents against security via the greytide are increasing.