Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with the greytide lately?
Just saying, I don't like the idea of taking power over the ID computer away fromthe HOP at all. There are a few responsible HOPs out there and there are for sure ways to stop the stupid ones before they give out Security access or leave the their IDs in the computer.
Archenteron Wrote:Forgive my Devil's Advocation but considering one of the other sub-issues being brought up recently is HoPs giving all-access willy-nilly and/or leaving their ID in the computer and peacing out, the validity of the "Head-Granted" all-access can be a bit dubious at times.
What's dubious about it? Every other head is just as irresponsible. What if the captain starts giving out all-access willy-nilly? Or tells the AI to bolt open the sec doors? Heads have additional power, but with the possible exception of the HoS, they're not held to any sort of standards so they can be just as shitty as a graysuit is.
Paineframe Wrote:
Archenteron Wrote:Forgive my Devil's Advocation but considering one of the other sub-issues being brought up recently is HoPs giving all-access willy-nilly and/or leaving their ID in the computer and peacing out, the validity of the "Head-Granted" all-access can be a bit dubious at times.
What's dubious about it? Every other head is just as irresponsible. What if the captain starts giving out all-access willy-nilly? Or tells the AI to bolt open the sec doors? Heads have additional power, but with the possible exception of the HoS, they're not held to any sort of standards so they can be just as shitty as a graysuit is.

This. If you guys are going to take power over the ID computer from the HOP then the same should be done with the captain. But doing that would be pretty dumb seeing that it has always been like this and is even one of the play styles listed on the wiki. There is no need to Nerf the Head of Personnel.
Ed Venture Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:

This. If you guys are going to take power over the ID computer from the HOP then the same should be done with the captain. But doing that would be pretty dumb seeing that it has always been like this and is even one of the play styles listed on the wiki. There is no need to Nerf the Head of Personnel.

I'll change that back.
Yeah if we restrict it beyond the HoP at all, it should ONLY be for Security, and perhaps only until the Current Problem blows over.
popecrunch Wrote:Yeah if we restrict it beyond the HoP at all, it should ONLY be for Security, and perhaps only until the Current Problem blows over.

thats what I was talking about, no one but the HoS can add security or armory access onto an ID card, or have adding those accesses require HoS approval.
popecrunch Wrote:Yeah if we restrict it beyond the HoP at all, it should ONLY be for Security, and perhaps only until the Current Problem blows over.

I still disagree. We are now starting to cross over into the pre-crime solutions. I feel like the situation has cooled down and does not warrant this approach.
Besides restricting other jobs you should punish the players that have been told not to mess with security for no reason.
I actually had 3 traitor rounds last night where I tried to trigger grey tide. It didn't work at all. I just got executed in funny ways.
Paineframe Wrote:

Maybe people playing heads should be held to a higher standard than a gray shirt?
Lantern Wrote:Maybe people playing heads should be held to a higher standard than a gray shirt?
I agree, but right now they aren't, and irresponsible head antics seem to be encouraged rather than disliked.