Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the singularity bomb, with some changes
Make it require computer stuff like the chemicompiler.
Alternatively, give it similar mechanics as a canister bomb.
Why not make it an add-on to something that already takes effort, then? For example, making it a canister bomb attachment that spawns singularities near the edge of the explosion, or converts the explosion into a singularity bomb or something? I don't know much about the singularity, so I don't know what's feasible or not, but canister bombs are already balanced for about that level of potential destructiveness, so why not just piggyback the singularity bomb onto that? Instead of "spend telecrystals, get a bomb", how about "go to significant effort to build a powerful bomb, then spend telecrystals to get an attachment that makes the bomb even better somehow, such as by souping up the power, making it more forgiving of mistakes, or adding a powerful effect before or after the explosion"?
Okay, so how about this:

Singularity bombs need to be set up on the power grid. The traitor sets a timer, much like a canister bomb, and is able to arm the bomb either in person or remotely. Once armed a canister bomb-style message with a countdown goes out and it starts sucking up all the energy it can - a longer countdown (and a more powerful engine) will allow it to soak up more energy. The more energy it soaks up, the larger the explosion will be up to pro canister bomb levels. Of course, the longer that the timer is the more time the crew has to find and disarm the bomb as well.

This would mean that you have medium to large sized bombs with a setup time in most rounds - but potential round enders late in the game when there's a good hellburn going.
Erev Wrote:Okay, so how about this:

Singularity bombs need to be set up on the power grid. The traitor sets a timer, much like a canister bomb, and is able to arm the bomb either in person or remotely. Once armed a canister bomb-style message with a countdown goes out and it starts sucking up all the energy it can - a longer countdown (and a more powerful engine) will allow it to soak up more energy. The more energy it soaks up, the larger the explosion will be up to pro canister bomb levels. Of course, the longer that the timer is the more time the crew has to find and disarm the bomb as well.

This would mean that you have medium to large sized bombs with a setup time in most rounds - but potential round enders late in the game when there's a good hellburn going.
I like the risk/reward mechanic with the timer.

I guess someone like the Chief Engineer could spend time using the RCD to seal off the area before setting the timer to make it hard to get to, which may be a bad thing? I guess it's something that could be ran as a trial and balanced afterwards.

Also, if the bomb sucks up power before detonation, would this be similar to a powersink if there's not enough for other things in the area?