Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the singularity bomb, with some changes
10 telecrystal item. Once it spawns you can't put it in anything, and it has to be anchored on a wire. After that it will start draining energy to power up before it fires off, requiring a certain amount (probably enough that you need to hellburn the engine to use it).
No. Code has already been removed for that shit awful thing anyway.
You'd have an easier time campaigning to bring back poo.
Poo was funny and had uses besides to destroy, like making people slip, and being funny. Singularity isn't really useful.
I don't really see the problem with a singularity as a traitor item rather than a regular thing you see every round shrug
As much as I miss poo and the singulo, they're never coming back in any form.

A better idea would be a black hole bomb.
I repeat what I said before: Isn't a black hole basically a singularity minus the wandering and eye damage? We already have black hole bombs in the form of artifacts (albeit a rare type) so giving them to traitors doesn't seem like too far of a stretch. Plus, black hole bombs are very obvious and COMPLETELY fuck up the area they're put in, so they can be just as much of a danger to the traitor if they're not careful.

The only thing that makes me skeptical of this idea is that it's a complete weapon of mass destruction, so some sort of precaution should be put in place so it's not used by literally everyone always. Maybe some sort of required setup procedure and some way to fuck it up that results in a premature detonation?
Make it use the nuke disk.
Winklabom Wrote:Make it use the nuke disk.
Yeah, that thing could use more use outside syndi rounds.
Winklabom Wrote:Make it use the nuke disk.

10 TC and needing the disk? I'd be okay with this - provided the code was re-writen in a decent way (modified black hole code?)
if the singularity worked more like bay's where it shrinks in size over time (and the bomb made it start off p weak and small anyway) and disappeared after a little bit it would definitely be a lot more tolerable
The singularity bomb is in a workable state, that said there needs to be some kind of way to prevent it happening reliably.
For one, I'm questioning if it's wise to have an item that can completely wipe out a department for 10tc and no effort.

Throwing an idea into the open here that's a variation of the power cable idea.

During the final 10 seconds of the countdown the bomb will start draining power from whatever cable it's attached to, then using this power to construct a more stable black hole that sticks around longer and moves around more.

Net result, you can have a singularity on demand, but you'll have to power that shit up yourself. Too little power and the black hole would only stick around for a second or two.
Enough to make a mess. Not enough to make a big mess.
Spy_Guy Wrote:The singularity bomb is in a workable state, that said there needs to be some kind of way to prevent it happening reliably.
For one, I'm questioning if it's wise to have an item that can completely wipe out a department for 10tc and no effort.

During the final 10 seconds of the countdown the bomb will start draining power from whatever cable it's attached to, then using this power to construct a more stable black hole that sticks around longer and moves around more.

Net result, you can have a singularity on demand, but you'll have to power that shit up yourself. Too little power and the black hole would only stick around for a second or two.

You're fucking it up on the wrong end of things. Make it STRONGER rather than WEAKER.
APARTHEID Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:The singularity bomb is in a workable state, that said there needs to be some kind of way to prevent it happening reliably.

You're fucking it up on the wrong end of things. Make it STRONGER rather than WEAKER.
Dude, have you even BEEN in a round that got hit by a black hole? Those things don't fuck around, mate. Having traitors being able to spawn the things is a huge asset, so there need to be restrictions.
For scale, I think you underestimate the power of the thing. If you set it off in the surgery room I believe most if not all of medbay would disappear.

Personally, I don't believe it will be any fun for anyone if the only cost to making a department vanish is 10tc. There needs to be a time cost as well, otherwise it could feasibly happen within the first couple of minutes in a round.

No fun for anyone but the user.