Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Camera Rework
Camera suggestion: Make the cameras like Experiment 112, that one french adventure game nobody played. The one on a research boat full of monsters.
[Image: 9Ld12a5.jpg]
Forum suggestion: timg tags.
AngriestIBM Wrote:Forum suggestion: timg tags.

Voted 5.

Actually, please add a thread rating system too.
I like the ghost idea. Way easier to track some goofball that GPS demands you track. Would also make it easier for the AI to wathe things that are going on, like a fight or some dumb gimmick.

On a related note, I feel like the camera system for the security camera computer needs reworking as well. And by that I mean, just give it the current A I camera system.
Sorry for the double post. GPS is supposed to say HoS. Phone auto corrected that.
Lantern Wrote:On a related note, I feel like the camera system for the security camera computer needs reworking as well. And by that I mean, just give it the current A I camera system.
Thisthisthisthisthis. I love watching the security cameras as the detective (and providing witty commentary on whatever shenanigans I find) but the aforementioned godawful dropdown menu makes me cry a lot and makes using the security cameras for actually useful purposes needlessly difficult.
AngriestIBM Wrote:Camera suggestion: Make the cameras like Experiment 112, that one french adventure game nobody played. The one on a research boat full of monsters.
[Image: 9Ld12a5.jpg]
+1 like
Lantern Wrote:On a related note, I feel like the camera system for the security camera computer needs reworking as well. And by that I mean, just give it the current A I camera system.
Oh my god yes please. That menu popping up every time I switch cameras drives me up the fucking wall, they should just be able to browse and "Cancel Camera View" like the AI does currently.

In fact I think this would be a nice way to differentiate between crewman and AI camera interactions. Crewmen are actually restricted to the cameras, while the AI gets its omniscient ghost thermals (where things aren't obscured by black/static of course).
There is literally no reason this should not be a thing. If some one makes the argument that it makes things too easy, I will fart on them.
You can track crew members by clicking their names in chat, or choosing from the dropdown menu in AI commands (although I don't think that works for Syndies/Wizards). So I'm not sure why the 'ghost' system would improve that?
franfoer Wrote:You can track crew members by clicking their names in chat, or choosing from the dropdown menu in AI commands (although I don't think that works for Syndies/Wizards). So I'm not sure why the 'ghost' system would improve that?

It's not that that needs improving I think. It's the navigation of the cameras.
This could be solved without a major reprogram by placing cameras in a grid regardless of how logical that placement looks. Dome style camera icons maybe?
franfoer Wrote:You can track crew members by clicking their names in chat, or choosing from the dropdown menu in AI commands (although I don't think that works for Syndies/Wizards). So I'm not sure why the 'ghost' system would improve that?
Tracking people, for the most part isn't a problem. It's when you need to do something like navigate a few spaces ahead of them to bolt a door, or operate a console in QM or something. I also can't tell you how many times I've tried to navigate to the cameras in the chapel and wound. up in QM with no way to go back.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Tracking people, for the most part isn't a problem. It's when you need to do something like navigate a few spaces ahead of them to bolt a door, or operate a console in QM or something. I also can't tell you how many times I've tried to navigate to the cameras in the chapel and wound. up in QM with no way to go back.
Yeah that shit is infuriating sometimes.
Lantern Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Yeah that shit is infuriating sometimes.

I can't count how many times i've gotten stuck near AI core.