Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Hydroponics Suggestions
Blood gulch tomato: a tomato that can have blood extracted. Bees will make blood honey from them, because that sounds kinda metal.

Real blood gulch tomato's don't actually have blood in them, but I just figure it would be an easy way to grow blood that doesn't forced blood donations.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Combine that with soil you can lay on the ground and till to grow other crops on. Let's get all community garden up here

Oh man I want this now. Spray soil all over the corridor, frustrate the shit out of the janitor, grow weed all over the place.

(or lashers)

Also you can already grow fruit with blood in it - blood oranges. It's fancy blood, to boot.

Plus it's not really like blood is all that difficult to get. Stab a monkey and scoop it up, smoke it and scoop it up, etc.
make it so you can equip pieces of wheat on your mask slot

[Image: Dn1NJ5z.jpg]
babayetu83 Wrote:make it so you can equip pieces of wheat on your mask slot

being able to grow flowers and wear them would be nice. I WANT TO GO FULL HIPPIE
phart Wrote:I was thinking that if botany could make materials to use in the arc smelter, it could open up a whole world of possibilities. Some materials I could think of off the top of my head include:
  • Bee Wool: Bees are the fluffiest things imaginable, they should work like little buzzy sheep in a perfect world.
    Hemp: Flammable, makes fumes that get you high.
    Cotton: Just plain ol' fabric, what? They aren't all super deadly.
    Synthleather: comes from a synth-meat plant as a byproduct? The other option is a synth-skin plant, but... that's just creepy sounding!
    Wood: [Insert dong joke here.]. So we could make olde timey space station's made of wood.
    Papyrus: Could also be made from paper just lying around the station, but where's the needless effort in that? It could burn like hemp minus the hallucinations, or be destroyed by water.
    Rubber: We have the synthetic kind, but not the regular type? This is confusing! I don't think you can make regular synth-rubber in a way that doesn't involve making cables currently anyways so this could make things more streamlined.

There are probably more obvious ones that are lost on me right now, but I think you get the idea here! The idea here is mainly to give a use for botany to the crew beyond QM/Food Staff. Everybody likes making horrible materials and coating escape in it, and now Botany could get in on the action!

Well then, hydroponics should have an autoloom, which would be turned into what would essentially be a clothing oriented workbench. IE put raw material in and get fabric, then use the fabric in various recipes.
Those little bushes you see around the station, eg the ones near engineering/security? Make those growable.
Berrik Wrote:Those little bushes you see around the station, eg the ones near engineering/security? Make those growable.
Aw, but then they would fix it so they aren't all the same item! It makes the chameleon projector that much more fun.
Can we please have hamburger trees? Different mutations of it would yield a different type of burger. And heck if money can grow on trees why not burgers too?
Add a small biomatter engine to hydro.
It'd only produce enough power to power hydro
It'd consist of a reskinned furnace that only accepts plants
The energy produced per plant would be based on the same value that governs composting potential.
It'd be located in the back room.
Would be connected to a UV light that boosts plant growth speed.
If Emagged can accept bodies.