Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Nuclear Emergency to require 3 disks.
Xeram Wrote:I see you've never played a syndie round where the (stupid) captain decides its a good idea to hide the disk in a box in crate somewhere and forget about it.

Syndies have pinpointers. They know where the disk is. This is why you are a terrible captain if you don't take the disk with you during a nuke-op.
I concede that this is a fair point, but I did not mean to suggest that everyone could just forget about the disk due to it being in a safe. Places tend to be a lot easier to guard and a lot harder to destroy than people, who have a bad habit of being stupid and easy to kill with lightsabers. Having a place to station your security forces and defend is a lot more fair and balanced than trying to figure out where the fuck the Captain is before he gets killed and robbed.

This would turn nuke rounds into less "find the Captain and hope that he isn't dead" and more of a pseudo-tower defense game. This might not be what nuke rounds are going for, but it's something different and, if you ask me, better balanced than what we have now.
I've had games where the disk didn't leave the captain's office before.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Xeram Wrote:I see you've never played a syndie round where the (stupid) captain decides its a good idea to hide the disk in a box in crate somewhere and forget about it.

Syndies have pinpointers. They know where the disk is. This is why you are a terrible captain if you don't take the disk with you during a nuke-op.
I concede that this is a fair point, but I did not mean to suggest that everyone could just forget about the disk due to it being in a safe. Places tend to be a lot easier to guard and a lot harder to destroy than people, who have a bad habit of being stupid and easy to kill with lightsabers. Having a place to station your security forces and defend is a lot more fair and balanced than trying to figure out where the fuck the Captain is before he gets killed and robbed.

This would turn nuke rounds into less "find the Captain and hope that he isn't dead" and more of a pseudo-tower defense game. This might not be what nuke rounds are going for, but it's something different and, if you ask me, better balanced than what we have now.

Places are not easy to defend, in fact syndies can make a place cease existing easier than they can make a person cease existing because they come loaded with bombs and rocket launchers. One rocket will get you into an area, the next 6 will make it a gaping void. Not to mention the tank transfer bombs. The thing about the disk that makes it harder to steal when people are involved is it's incredible mobility, Captain die? Grab his corpse quickly, get his back off, grab the disk and run around like a greyshirt. Now the syndies have to rebreach, assault, and kill whoever has the disk and everyone around them again. If the disk was simply in a place it'd just be a matter of blowing it the hell up untill you can reach in and grab it. The Captain isn't the most important person on the station to a syndie team. It's whoever has the disk, the captain just has the unfortunate luck of having the responsibility of holding it first. Pinpointers don't track captains. They track the disk.
The reason I'm suggesting 3 disks is to cut down on the number of rounds that end in 5 minutes because the disk gets ganked super early; if it's more difficult for the nuclear operatives, this could probably be balanced by adding more of them or giving them more telecrystals/gear or something.
Berrik Wrote:The reason I'm suggesting 3 disks is to cut down on the number of rounds that end in 5 minutes because the disk gets ganked super early; if it's more difficult for the nuclear operatives, this could probably be balanced by adding more of them or giving them more telecrystals/gear or something.

If the captain is freaking terrible then he's terrible and theres honestly nothing you can do about him getting 'ganked' 5 minutes in. They are already changing nuke ops anyhow to where they'll at the very least have to take the nuke to the station so this won't even be a problem. This thread is honestly pointless with the new revamp coming.
cgrn10 Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:The reason I'm suggesting 3 disks is to cut down on the number of rounds that end in 5 minutes because the disk gets ganked super early; if it's more difficult for the nuclear operatives, this could probably be balanced by adding more of them or giving them more telecrystals/gear or something.

If the captain is freaking terrible then he's terrible and theres honestly nothing you can do about him getting 'ganked' 5 minutes in. They are already changing nuke ops anyhow to where they'll at the very least have to take the nuke to the station so this won't even be a problem. This thread is honestly pointless with the new revamp coming.

One guy drags nuke to station. 4 guys bum rush the dumb captain and get the disk. Pop it in. Round ends in 5 minutes.

Why do people act like it's such a hard thing to move a inanimate object to the general area of the station.
I don't get this idea that the nuke mode "is fine as it is"
The only time nuke mode is only "fine as it is" if the crew get lucky. By lucky I mean:
1. The captain isn't drunk and isn't in a main hallway or near a window or near an airlock.
2. There is security. Capable security. And a capable AI.
3. There is a HoS. In-fact survival increases significantly if there's a hos, due to them arming the crew.
4. The nuke op team is average. If there's more than one mentor player on a nuke op team, the crew's survival rate drops.

I personally think that there should be a 5-8 minute delay before the nuke team can leave. It would give them a chance to speak over their tactics, rather than bumrushing the captain. Would add a bit of flair into it.

I think 3 disks would be a bit convoluted tbh. Dragging the nuke or dropping it off in a pod would be cool, but the baddies need to be within the station to ensure that the nuke detonates the entire crew. This way they wouldn't camp outside botany and snip the cameras like jerks, they would have to be within the station. Perhaps a prompt when you deploy the nuke that it states the nuke needs to be centralized.
Maybe get rid of disk all together. Just make the nuke a deployable bomb, with a timer, that can be disarmed. Counter-Strike in Space, terrorists win.
I like Frank's idea.
The syndicate not being able to set up their own bomb without a key from the station doesn't make much sense.
Maybe put a note in the captain's office explaining some basics about the disk, like "the syndies have pinpointers so don't just hide the disk" and "the syndies are coming for you, don't stand around next to an outer wall"? Since all non-traotor jobs have equal priority by default, and new players are typically told that captain is an easy job for them to play, it's probably not uncommon for people who don't know the first thing about nukeop to get the captain job, which is usually treated as a low-importance job whose sole purpose is fucking around.
Interesting idea: Give the heads of staff and/or security pinpointers!

Then maybe someone capable will notice what's going on and rounds can be a bit more interesting.
Yes, I like Conor's idea. That way, upon the call of "REDSUITS", the heads/sec are able to whip out the pinpointers and track down the captain instead of flailing around the station and hoping to the space gods above that they're able to find the Captain before the Syndies with precise motion trackers do.
Conor12 Wrote:Interesting idea: Give the heads of staff and/or security pinpointers!

Then maybe someone capable will notice what's going on and rounds can be a bit more interesting.

Idea+: Have sec/heads have the ability to track in in the first window, right beside the turn on light function.
Makes their PDA's do this, as PDA's are just screaming for this function:

[Image: GJsjJg1.gif]
[Image: Px3h128.png]
[Image: hGAUi2I.png]
[Image: zFY5SCI.png]
[Image: DjJXqCF.png]
[Image: DG92GOE.png]
[Image: itq76bO.png]
[Image: oNUUDuJ.png]
[Image: V4UVTNV.png]
[Image: lx4yXbW.png]
Terrible idea, why would you even suggest this? I think maybe an OP got under your skin one too many times, I suggest being more robust and stop giving up your disks so easily.
BeardedElectron Wrote:Terrible idea, why would you even suggest this? I think maybe an OP got under your skin one too many times, I suggest being more robust and stop giving up your disks so easily.

also need an edit button, to add to what was already said, I find it very fun to put my disk in my safe and set up various traps such as radiation mines etc. Nobody belongs in the captains quarters but Jones and the captain, also the prized banzai tree.