Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Nuclear Emergency to require 3 disks.
Just have one each spawn in each head's office. This should hopefully make things a lot more tense and stop rounds ending in 5 minutes.
Please no
How about no? Being a syndie is tough work, considering nobody who plays it wants to work together for some fucking reason.

The round ends in five minutes because somebody bum rushed the captain? There's a good chance they won't be a syndie next nuke round, so whatever.
I kinda like this idea to be honest. I can see this making team work a little more important and if you added a few changes to the Nuke operative system to help with them then i think it would be a perfect addition

Command computer- A special computer that allows that only the commander of the strike team can use to become almost like an AI except he has to hack doors to interact with them and he can disconnect any time. This will result in the commander being the scout, Hacker and the commander all in one has he looks ahead into the situation and get his operatives to attack a certain rooms at a certain time as he hacks the door needed for their get-away

Allow the operatives to pick specialty's job-This will make them less of "I'm a traitor with less toys and a pretty space suit" and give it more of a "strike team feel". Multiple people can pick the same job except for the Commander

Commander- Comes with a special headset that allows him to hear all the channels and access to the Command computer.He has no fancy weapons except for the revolver everyone starts with because if your commander has to go out into the field then you pretty much screwed. He also gets a name change to show HE is the boss

Heavy-This dude comes with the big syndicate armr and and a chaingun that forces him to walk speed

Spy master-He has a chameleon jumpsuit and a dna injector. He comes with a dagger as his special weapon

Operative-He comes with thermal glasses and a machine gun

Engineer-Carry's some mines and a Ammo refilling device(this can be used to refill energy guns too so don't let the station steal it)

Demo-Has the rocket launcher , gernade launcher(and a variety of gernades) and a bunch of breaching charges.

Medic-Has a gun that has two modes, Healing mode for his commrades and a Silence mode that makes people who are shot with it unable to speak

Meele master- Has No gun but comes with a cylume saber and a wrestling belt.

Badass- Comes with a ballon that say's "I'm a badass"

Please post tweaks and changes to the diffrent speciality's because i already know most of them suck
pizzatiger Wrote:I kinda like this idea to be honest. I can see this making team work a little more important and if you added a few changes to the Nuke operative system to help with them then i think it would be a perfect addition

Command computer- A special computer that allows that only the commander of the strike team can use to become almost like an AI except he has to hack doors to interact with them and he can disconnect any time. This will result in the commander being the scout, Hacker and the commander all in one has he looks ahead into the situation and get his operatives to attack a certain rooms at a certain time as he hacks the door needed for their get-away

Allow the operatives to pick specialty's job-This will make them less of "I'm a traitor with less toys and a pretty space suit" and give it more of a "strike team feel". Multiple people can pick the same job except for the Commander

Commander- Comes with a special headset that allows him to hear all the channels and access to the Command computer.He has no fancy weapons except for the revolver everyone starts with because if your commander has to go out into the field then you pretty much screwed. He also gets a name change to show HE is the boss

Heavy-This dude comes with the big syndicate armr and and a chaingun that forces him to walk speed

Spy master-He has a chameleon jumpsuit and a dna injector. He comes with a dagger as his special weapon

Engineer-Carry's some mines and a Ammo refilling device(this can be used to refill energy guns too so don't let the station steal it)

Demo-Has the rocket launcher , gernade launcher(and a variety of gernades) and a bunch of breaching charges.

Medic-Has a gun that has two modes, Healing mode for his commrades and a Silence mode that makes people who are shot with it unable to speak

Please post tweaks and changes to the diffrent speciality's because i already know most of them suck

why does syndie need a weird class system when they can just order those items themselves
I like the way the nuke ops is right now.
Twoflower Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:I kinda like this idea to be honest. I can see this making team work a little more important and if you added a few changes to the Nuke operative system to help with them then i think it would be a perfect addition

why does syndie need a weird class system when they can just order those items themselves

Eh your right. I still want the commander computer though even if we don't have 3 disks
Nuke Ops does not need to be changed
please no

it's fine the way it is

you just need to get good.
bring back having to take the nuke to the station and nuke ops will be perfect imo
They're already revamping nuke mode.
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t...uke#p42995
babayetu83 Wrote:please no

it's fine the way it is

you just need to get good.

the problem is that the syndies can end the round in 5 minutes and it all hinges on whether the captain is competent or not. "get good" does not apply here, dingus

icarus Wrote:bring back having to take the nuke to the station and nuke ops will be perfect imo

yes
The problem here is that syndie rounds frequently hinge on, as mentioned, how competent the Captain is. Incompetent Captain who thinks it's an awesome idea to space the disk? Syndies win. Competent Captain who enlists a security posse and actively organizes efforts to hunt down Syndies instead of getting piss-drunk and passing out in the bar? Suddenly, the syndies have a bit more trouble. Couple this with the fact that the Captain is not even EXPECTED to be competent and suddenly you have a recipe for frustration all around.

I think that, instead of having multiple disks, the disk or other associated piece of technology should be kept in a safe somewhere, maybe in the communications room above the bridge, maybe in security somewhere, maybe under the rug in the bridge, I dunno. But keeping it in a PLACE instead of on a PERSON would, I think, help balance things out and prevent one potentially stupid person from being the deciding factor in the crew's livability.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:The problem here is that syndie rounds frequently hinge on, as mentioned, how competent the Captain is. Incompetent Captain who thinks it's an awesome idea to space the disk? Syndies win. Competent Captain who enlists a security posse and actively organizes efforts to hunt down Syndies instead of getting piss-drunk and passing out in the bar? Suddenly, the syndies have a bit more trouble. Couple this with the fact that the Captain is not even EXPECTED to be competent and suddenly you have a recipe for frustration all around.

I think that, instead of having multiple disks, the disk or other associated piece of technology should be kept in a safe somewhere, maybe in the communications room above the bridge, maybe in security somewhere, maybe under the rug in the bridge, I dunno. But keeping it in a PLACE instead of on a PERSON would, I think, help balance things out and prevent one potentially stupid person from being the deciding factor in the crew's livability.
In addition, if you are captain with the disk you should have some form of a suicide bomb on you (erebite will work as well), this wont stop the syndicates if they catch you, but it will certainly delay the nuke squad and possibly kill one or more of them.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I think that, instead of having multiple disks, the disk or other associated piece of technology should be kept in a safe somewhere, maybe in the communications room above the bridge, maybe in security somewhere, maybe under the rug in the bridge, I dunno. But keeping it in a PLACE instead of on a PERSON would, I think, help balance things out and prevent one potentially stupid person from being the deciding factor in the crew's livability.

I see you've never played a syndie round where the (stupid) captain decides its a good idea to hide the disk in a box in crate somewhere and forget about it.

Syndies have pinpointers. They know where the disk is. This is why you are a terrible captain if you don't take the disk with you during a nuke-op.

I'd rather have a captain running around the station getting piss ass drunk and farting on everyone as long as he had the disk as opposed to leaving it alone in a box somewhere where its vulnerable. At least then its moving around and you actually have to kill and loot someone to get the thing instead of opening a box/safe.

TL;DR : People have tried keeping it in a place and they're terrible and the round ends in 3 minutes. No.

Actual Idea input: Honestly this is how I think it should have been too. Have the code broken up between 3 disks held by the 3 highest ranks on station with pinpointers tracking the nearest uninserted disk. From experience I can say it's far too easy and quick to win as a nuke-op just by going in stealthily and sabering the captain as he undoubtably farts around the station. Or blowing a hole in the station and robbing him as he's flattened by the explosion. Or pointblanking him with any gun then promptly robbing him. Basically, the survivability of one person in a game where it's incredibly easy to murder a singular person shouldn't determine the teams result. At least make it 3 so it takes more than half a minute for the syndies to win.